Thread: ANYONE WHO ONLY DREAMS BUT CAN NEVER BUILD SHOULD READ THIS CAREFULY:

ANYONE WHO ONLY DREAMS BUT CAN NEVER BUILD SHOULD READ THIS CAREFULY:

jntramey :

ref your post:

It is not the critic who counts. It's not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because he knows there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but he knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, of one who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat. (or never built a kit)

Re: ANYONE WHO ONLY DREAMS BUT CAN NEVER BUILD SHOULD READ THIS CAREFULY:

"Those cold and timid souls"

Nicely said good sir

Quote Originally Posted by 6.0nut
    jntramey :

ref your post:

It is not the critic who counts. It's not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because he knows there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but he knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, of one who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat. (or never built a kit)
    In scriptural study there is a saying that goes like this: "A text, taken out of context is a pretext" This link will help us to understand that Roosevelt was talking about higher and loftier matters than kitcars! I almost feel you are condesending to those that have never started, attempted to build or built a kit as if they are lesser people that those that have. What about those that have poured their money they could not afford, those that have lost their families, endured divorces and lost their jobs doing this thing called building? Is it worth it?

I have never built a kitcar, nor have I even started one. Does that make me less of a person than someone that has? Though I have not started a kitcar, I come here, and sometimes I have something to offer through observation, suggestions, searches on the internet for those that might not have the time or even the knowledge! Does that make me less of a person?

There is way too much "holier than thou" attitude in the $$$$$$$ sports car world and it would seem that maybe the kitters are following their lead!

Rant off!

Mike

A lesser person? Of course not, but IMHO, but maybe a less complete person. Not everyone believes that a bank account is a real accomplishment; I include myself in that group. I have only built one car, but I have plans for a dozen more, and there isn't a kit or production car in the lot. Does that make you a lesser person than myself? Once more, of course not.

Your presence and participation here is just as valuable as anyone else's, and that is how it should be. It is my hope that, at some time, you DO build a kit, for your own satisfaction, enlightenment, and, ultimately, enjoyment. There are always reasons and excuses not to, and that is why we do not all at least try...

I think this comment was for those who harshly criticizes some one else hard work without having put forth their own effort in similar matters. Quick example You post pics of your CNC work, then I come on and rip your work apart. Then I post how I would like to have done it, but I have no experience in CNC work. So even if your CNC work is not the best at least you gave it a try (No shame in that). My issue is with people that sit back and then attack a fellow members hard work. We all have different skill levels and again there is no shame in that, but if someone here post their work and you don't like it, then just post your work in comparison and explain a better way of getting to a better end result. This makes everyone better. If I am very skilled in topic of discussion I will give input, I will not slam any member that actually put an effort in: only point out a better way if it apply s .
    I think some members post feedback on envy alone.

6.0nut ;

I think this comment was for those who harshly criticizes some one else hard work without having put forth their own effort in similar matters.

youve just whacked the nail on the head my friend,its that point and that point only that this stems from,as readers of my gallardo build thread will have read this quote was originally sent to me by a user not because anyone was ripping my build apart, although the same old suspects often have opinions having never so much as painted an airfix model,or even worse types the ones who never so much as finished painting an airfix model after paying someone to build it for them!!!!!no i have to say "i tend to do rip my gallardo build apart enough myself"

after it was placed on my gallardo replica build diary starts here thread i did indeed suggest that it would make a great thread,i also dared make a point of what sort of answers would be posted...it seems quite a reaction,
    again critisim is good,as long as its constructive,well aimed and not driven by envy / zelousness and commercial financial gain for a users own grp company..

hey just my 2 cents worth,and yep i have built and am building replicas at the mo.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by TLyttle
    A lesser person? Of course not, but IMHO, but maybe a less complete person. Not everyone believes that a bank account is a real accomplishment; I include myself in that group. I have only built one car, but I have plans for a dozen more, and there isn't a kit or production car in the lot. Does that make you a lesser person than myself? Once more, of course not.

Your presence and participation here is just as valuable as anyone else's, and that is how it should be. It is my hope that, at some time, you DO build a kit, for your own satisfaction, enlightenment, and, ultimately, enjoyment. There are always reasons and excuses not to, and that is why we do not all at least try...
    Thanks TLyttle,

I wasn't referring to myself as a lesser person ;D since I am at peace with who I am! While I am not building a kit, I am involved, or rather have been and will be involved in several different builds. I cnc carve foam, cut runners etc for some of the guys making their own bucks or parts. While I do not yet have the satisfaction of doing a build, I very much enjoy helping othes build theirs!

I also apologize if I can off wrong, but it seemed odd to me that we think the original owners are condesending, yet post messages like this. I apologize for having jumped to conclusions.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 6.0nut
    I think this comment was for those who harshly criticizes some one else hard work without having put forth their own effort in similar matters. Quick example You post pics of your CNC work, then I come on and rip your work apart. Then I post how I would like to have done it, but I have no experience in CNC work. So even if your CNC work is not the best at least you gave it a try (No shame in that). My issue is with people that sit back and then attack a fellow members hard work. We all have different skill levels and again there is no shame in that, but if someone here post their work and you don't like it, then just post your work in comparison and explain a better way of getting to a better end result. This makes everyone better. If I am very skilled in topic of discussion I will give input, I will not slam any member that actually put an effort in: only point out a better way if it apply s .
    I think some members post feedback on envy alone.
    Exactly what I was attempting to convey, nothing more.