Thread: Euro-works Exotics

Euro-works Exotics

Does anyone know if Euro-works Exotics is still making a Countach kit?
    I have tried to e-mail and call the company and haven`t been able to reach them, or had calls returned.
    Thanks

Re: Euro-works Exotics

Alan should still be going. Give him time. I bought my Mirage "S" kit from him a few years ago. Very easy to work with, and a stand up guy. Don't be worried to deal with him, he just might be a little slow with the responses. Keep in mind the holidays too. He is only human. Might be out of town.

Kevin

I did talk to Alan a couple of years ago and he answered some questions for me.
    He was very helpful, but I read somewhere, I think on the Attack forum where he had suffered a mild heart attack and I didn`t know if he was still in the game, although I saw a couple of posts about 3 months ago where he was still responding on that forum.
    I have also had you answer a couple of questions I had about your car Lambo Nut on Pennocks forum.
    Thanks
    Mike
    I like the look of the stretched Fiero version Countach as opposed to the non-stretched but a company here in Texas makes the non-stretched version and it sure would be easier to obtain one here.
    I just don`t quite understand why most manufacturers didn`t make the non-stretched version like the original, just shorter, but instead changed the rear wheel flare and the lower body to be completely different.

Update:
    I just got an e-mail from Alan @ Euro-works Exotics and he is still forging ahead even in the declined economy.
    I guess I should have waited a couple of hours this morning.
    Mike

Armstrong also makes a Countach model as well...not sure if he still makes em...still don't know the manufacture of mine, though by the time I'm done modifiying the exterior , it will probably be WBNEMO1's lol

William

I have read other posts about people getting kits that were partially done and it sounds like a lot of work.
    I would rather go ahead and spend the money and get a new kit from a reputable company because even though I am going to be using a Fiero chassis I`m planning on completely rewiring it and installing a small block Chevy in it.
    I don`t want to be trying to depend on 20 year old wiring.
    But, on the other hand if you are good at fabrication and fiberglass work then I guess it`s cheaper to buy a body from someone who hasn`t finished one.
    Mike

Mike;

Good to see you are diving in to a build. I have heard that the Countach is one of the more difficult kits to build out there due to the side windows etc. If you do go with the Countach, I recommend getting in touch with wbnemo1 as he has links to guy that do the glass and the window frames which will simplify that piece considerably.

As for reshaping someone else's work, ask anyone who has done it, including myself and we will most likely all tell you it is better to spend the money to get a more correct body from the start. Get a new body that is very close to accurate to start with as cutting and pasting these bodies back together is always a chore regardless of how good you are at fabricating.

I have heard good things about Euroworks bodies as well. In my opinion, and mine only, the shortened versions of the Countach for the Fiero just don't look right. I saw one up close in Calgary last year and it looked like someone put a Countach in a vice and shortened it and it pushed up in the middle. Again, this is only my opinion and everyone has their own tastes.

You may also want to consider doing a custom frame and using the Fiero to scavenge parts from as that is always an option. Chassisworks has a nice set of CADs for a pretty good price that you can use as a base and shorten the wheelbase.

If you do go with a Fiero frame, go to Kitcentral and lambolounge to see how everyone is stretchng the frame and reinforcing. A buddy of mine took a Fiero and made the Diablo from it and he said he spent a lot of time working around the Fiero frame to put in the proper supports and framing for the Diablo. He ended up cutting the rear frame off the Fiero and built a custom frame for the engine and rear suspension area.

I also like the concept that Mercenary and Murcie-Me did with their builds where they made a custom frame around the very cut up and gutted Fiero cockpit. You get the pieces of the Fiero you want in the cockpit but you get a custom frame around the engine and rear suspension which is always a good.

Anyway, good luck with the build and keep us updated with progress.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Countachfan,
    the biggest obstacle you will find is that they really don't make Countach kits anymore, so finding a good one is a chore. The Euroworks Countach(Mirage S) is a really nice one but does still have issues, basically a Prova. One big one was the A pillar next to the windscreen wasn't correct and way too wide, not sure if this ever got fixed, but it means a smaller width windscreen. Finding a glass screen for this is difficult too, unless you go with flat glass. This is a compromise that screams kit car and kills the look(curvacious shape) of the Countach in my opinion. The best Countach ever made was the Sienna, Mirage is 2nd, and of course Prova. The Sienna had all removable rear wheel flairs and Spigots like the original Countach. I do however have contact for a source for just about anything you could want Countach replica related. I also recommend you get in touch with Udo, his car is perfect, body and details wise!, check him out over at Kitcentral on the Countach thread. I have a friend named Mark that has an original 1989 Anniversary Countach and he's allowed me to measure pretty much every inch of his car and take lots of photos for reference to make my replica match it.

William

Here's the Mirage S issue I mentioned with the A pillar look through the side window glass on the second image

Thanks for the heads up and info.
    I appreciate all of the comments and insight from experienced builders.
    I know to some people this is akin to Blasphemy, but I`m not really that concerned with authenticity.
    As long as I have a car that resembles a Countach when I get done I will be happy.
    I`m not really going to be trying to fool the true Lambo enthusiasts and when it`s all said and done I think that 9 out of 10 people you run across everyday couldn`t tell a real Countach from a replica, unless it`s a real bad replica.
    I will probably install a custom interior because I think a car that originally sold for what the Countach did should have a lot better looking dash than it came with originally.
    As far as the windshield goes, it says on Euro-works Exotics website that you get a curved windshield plus the window frames for the doors.
    I will definately look further into everything that comes with any kit I decide to get, because I think if you buy a kit you shouldn`t have to obtain parts like window frames or windshields on your own, unless you want to buy original Lamborghini items.
    Mike

Sounds good...Alan makes the window frames himself, though If I recall correctly, it's all for flat glass, not curved, but as they say...each to his own...
    Cheers,
    William