Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Italian Knight Rider

Italian Knight Rider

I've bought a few things from ikr and always received what I ordered, but I'm amazed about the extremely poor quality of some of it. I had to spend as much money as I paid for some of it just to get it to where I could cover it with upholstery. I have no idea what he was thinking when he shipped it and thought that there would be the slightest possibility that I would be satisfied. At least I did receive it, but I had to pay my upholstery guy an extra $600 to correct shoddy parts and make them over so that they would fit and not show through the upholstery.

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

Re: Italian Knight Rider

i apologize if you were not satisfied with ALL the parts , 3 parts were made by another supplier , I MADE the door cards an dash pod .I am working on a new piece for the "GRIP HANDLE " for the passenger side of the dash board

as you stated in your PM the door cards were fine with no issues , the dash required more work an clean up so the upholster guy charged you more to fine tune it before he covered it
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

The apology is nice. You should not have sent out crappy parts whether you made them or someone else. Would you like to adjust the price to reflect the extra expense I incurred?

Quote Originally Posted by dratts1
    The apology is nice. You should not have sent out crappy parts whether you made them or someone else. Would you like to adjust the price to reflect the extra expense I incurred?
    i do not know what he charged the 600 for nor do i know what the total bill came too

as you stated in your PM the door cards were fine with no issues , the dash required more work an clean up so the upholster guy charged you more to fine tune it before he covered it
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

The dash required a hell of a lot more than a little clean up. He had to add 4" of fibreglass all the way across the front to get it up to the windshield. He's still working the instrument pod to get it to fit. He hasn't started on fixing the handle part that I sent back and you returned just as crappy as I sent it, just joined together in an unblievably unprofessional way. The left lower corner of the dash had to be cut and reshaped too. I'm about done here. I have no interest in getting into a pi**ing contest with you. You know exactly what you did, and yes the door cards were real nice. I would reccommend that anyone needing g28 door cards consider you as a source. NOTHING else was ok. A g28 interior should fit a g28. I don't like to type. I wish this didn't have to end up here, but if that's the way you are going to do business, I want to save someone else the grief I experienced.

Why don't you guys get on the damn telephone and hash your issues out like everyone else. ???

Quote Originally Posted by dratts1
    The dash required a hell of a lot more than a little clean up. He had to add 4" of fibreglass all the way across the front to get it up to the windshield. He's still working the instrument pod to get it to fit. He hasn't started on fixing the handle part that I sent back and you returned just as crappy as I sent it, just joined together in an unblievably unprofessional way. The left lower corner of the dash had to be cut and reshaped too. I'm about done here. I have no interest in getting into a pi**ing contest with you. You know exactly what you did, and yes the door cards were real nice. I would reccommend that anyone needing g28 door cards consider you as a source. NOTHING else was ok. A g28 interior should fit a g28. I don't like to type. I wish this didn't have to end up here, but if that's the way you are going to do business, I want to save someone else the grief I experienced.
    i asked you about your dash , a defrost vent filler pc 4" wide fit between the dash board an the windshield across the whole windshield area , everyone else need to know this for their builds, the person that orginally built you car did not install it then

defrost vent filler tray
    how much did he charge to add the 4" across the whole dash

THIS IS MY LAST OPEN FORUM POST ON THIS THREAD ! MY GUY THAT COVER MY PARTS HAVE A PREP DEPARTMENT that finish sand an fill any areas before covering

looking thru your other post on the other interior from member 6.0 did this vent filler come with it ,i am pretty sure it did not because it is still in his car from his orginial build who ever did your ORGINAL BUILD did not install it

The vent piece is news to me. I'm going to try to take this off line with IKR.

IKR, whose car is this? I like.
    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

I made a mistake with the dash I received from ikr. I did not know about the vent tray and so my interior guy extended his dash to match the previous one. This was not the fault of ikr. It was a misunderstanding. The issue of the quality of other parts has been resolved and I am satisfied. I would order from ikr again. He should not be grouped with some of the rip off artists who have taken advantage of builders here. We had a disagreement, but we've worked it out. I don't recall this happening with other suppliers and their customers.