Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MR2KITS (Dave Jones) vs. DNA Automotive

MR2KITS (Dave Jones) vs. DNA Automotive

What are the differences between what both companies offer (with regard to F430 MR2 replica's)?
    Which one is considered better/ more accurate?

Re: MR2KITS (Dave Jones) vs. DNA Automotive

They are both good. Both have good customer service. Both offer different products though. DNA producers spiders and DJ producers coupes. DNA just produced a coupe but it is front engine i believe. Both kits are fairly accurate. They are not molded off OEM but they come damn close. So it depends on your budget and style. Hope that helps.

i would say go for dna,s 430 kit. its much more modern and agressive looking in my opinion. as for the 360s call them both and talk with them to see what you like as far as prices, options, and most important, customer service and ask for references.

Do your homework before purchasing your kit. Dave Jones and DNA both make very nice kits. You also might look into enzodesign they are based in the UK. They have been doing a lot with there 430. Including a replica interior. From what I've seen on the Forum. They have been doing some very nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by zero2sixty
    They are both good. Both have good customer service. Both offer different products though. DNA producers spiders and DJ producers coupes. DNA just produced a coupe but it is front engine i believe. Both kits are fairly accurate. They are not molded off OEM but they come damn close. So it depends on your budget and style. Hope that helps.
    Thanks

Ya, DNA's new 5cudo uses the front engine/ front wheel drive 1999-2002 Ford (in U.S.- Mercury) Cougar. It has a longer wheelbase so I suspect it will look more accurate to the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver
    Do your homework before purchasing your kit. Dave Jones and DNA both make very nice kits. You also might look into enzodesign they are based in the UK. They have been doing a lot with there 430. Including a replica interior. From what I've seen on the Forum. They have been doing some very nice work.
    Thanks, I'll look into them.

the MR2Kits kit is also much cheaper to build since it is using the older type of MR2.
    So the donor is cheaper.
    Also the older MR2 is easier to change into an 3.0 V6 for more power and more realistic sound....
    But in the end it is what you want, a spider or a coupe.......

Indeed both panel conversions are nice, I've seen both in the flesh, and I'm building a DNA430.
    The 430 convertible has the advantage of looking more aggressive and slightly better proportioned, but is considerably more expensive.
    The coupe looks lovely close up but the overall look can feel a little squashed, colour is very important to help disguise this.
    Donor vehicle prices can vary, a mk2 twin entry Mr2 turbo can be in excess of 3000, a nice mk3 can be purchased for 3000 also.
    Both the mk2 and 3 can accommodate v6's for a little extra power
    The end decision is yours, both kit suppliers have excellent support and give the feeling of value for money.
    The Enzo takes a different approach with proportions, the finished article is made to the Mk3 Mr2's original size for panel fit.

ps. I took two years to finally buy a kit, I had to be sure that all the boxes were ticked for my particular requirements.
    D

What about Extreme, are they good too?

Extreme have a different strategy:
    Their philosophy is to make the exterior of the kit as accurate to the original as possible, the rear of Peugeot coupe is seriously altered. They are great engineers to pull this off but seem to have a few issues with customer service and sometimes supply of intricate parts.
    The 430 rep and Lambo rep are amongst the best out there.
    I'm sure you've followed my 430 build thread on dnaoc, fabrication isn't an issue for me, what I'm saying is that to achieve the sort of results possible for the extreme builds you have to have some sort of fabrication experience, extreme expect you to able to build this on your own two feet with only the odd question to them every now and then.
    Mr2kits and dna provide the parts (and great customer support) to carry out a panel conversion producing a very pleasing end result.
    D