Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beware stolen part-finished LHD Extreme Murci Kit

Beware stolen part-finished LHD Extreme Murci Kit

Hi guys,

There's been a bit of a rawkus over on the Extreme Owners Club the past couple of days, you can read all about it here:

http://extremeoc.co.uk/index.php/topic,1372

The member had hired Extreme to build his Muric here in the UK but later moved the car to be completed elsewhere by an ex-employee of Extreme. The car was stolen from outside their workshop two weeks ago.

It's a part-completed build on a French MR2. There are photographs in the thread linked above but it looks to be pretty far along with the majority of panels fitted.

It's possible that the car will pop up again for sale (or even just the stripped kit) so be on your guard - it's stolen and when the police track it back down, if you've bought it, you will lose your car and your money. There's also the fact that additional parts from Extreme will be needed to complete the car, so it's twice as likely to be tracked down eventually.

Re: Beware stolen part-finished LHD Extreme Murci Kit

Oh god..... Please say that extreme isn't becoming scamers.

Thats just sad. Hope he gets it back and 30000.00 ploughed into it too. F^CK ME.
    Cars should always be kept indoors under lock and key and a video camara working 47/7. Its what we've got!

Quote Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel
    Oh god..... Please say that extreme isn't becoming scamers.
    No, the car wasn't taken from Extreme or Extreme's place so they're sort of stuck in the middle too.

The customer had paid to have the work started by Extreme but had then opted to hire someone else to carry on the build (an ex-exployee of Extreme's), so the car had been moved to another workshop and work continued.

It was left outside at some point and stolen from there - nothing to do with Extreme or their workshop - the car went missing from an altogether separate outfit.

Strange. It gets moved to a new workshop and then someone steals a part finished project that has no real value as parts are still required from extreme. I'm sure the Police are investigating but for me it just doesn't sit right. Just my opinion though.

yep, if you look at the pics, this is not inside Extreme. Its somewhere else.

until the owner comes on here and gives us all the facts then we will never know, BUT if hes paid extreme to do the work upfront then the contract is with extreme. if extreme sub the work out to someone else then a new contract has to be drawn up.
    what ever anyone say's, its not good for the owner to have his car stolen from someones care, i should know , i had the same thing happen to me!!
    it's going to take ages and alot of money for the poor guy to sort out,he doesn't even live in the uk and english isn't his first language, hopefully the police might do something but i wouldn't hold my breath.

This is terrible. I feel for the owner. It looks like Extreme did their job and the customer tried to save a couple of dollars and it did not turn out well. Picking venders is an art form and the most important part of picking vendors is trust, the cost. I also would not steel an unfinished kit. It has very little value until it is completed. I am betting that if this car was stolen, that it will be parted out and never completed. I hope that there is somewhat of a happy ending here, but I am not holding my breath.

Hi everybody! I am Julien the french owner of the Murci was stolen!!
    I would like to explain you the things! It's right my car has not been stolen at Extreme Garage but to a subcontractor!
    To explain all the story: I began to realise this project with Extreme sports cars in november 2009! I came two times in HULL to speak with Damian Zacky and Shaun! We have materialized and we had done business under conditions, he promised me the car finished (without painting) the same car like him (the white murci we see on their website), it was the condition in order to I buy the Kit option 2, I wanted they realise the job to fit the kit! On the 27 november I paid the kit option 2, i have here the invoice with me! I paid in cash money to Damian Zacky 10 000! We were in December and Damian and shaun promised me the car for the middle of FEBRUARY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But problem..... in May I had always nothing, no pictures...nothing, the work did not evolve! And one day after that Damian spoke me about a personn named Chris Turner (he had created my account with login and password fo extreme owner club website) because I asked many time to see the videos of the build!!!One day... Chris wrote me an email from the adress cturner@extreme-sportscars.com so I was confident...and during a long time I had no news from Damian but just from Chris Turner, Chris told me that The conditions had changed because of the Extreme's owner (Ashley Martin) and I had to pay as a measure of advanced work! I accepted! but at the begining the price agreed was 17500 ALL INCLUSIV!!! in order I can come back to france with the car finished! But he asked me to add 1800 ( I specified that I possess all the evidences of what I say because I have kept all their emails!) I was not agree!!!Extreme does me not no contract!!!!It's me who insisted on a bill after paying Kit Option 2!!!!Damian just handed me a paper filled with unreadable by hand and totally wet from the rain outside the hotel where I was when I saw one evening the night before the Hull campan'hill! He still ended up sending me an invoice by mail in good and due form an invoice that specifies the 10 000 for parts and 7500 for labor!
    After that Christopher Turner asked me to make a bank transfer to his own account to the westminsterbank,I accepted and I transfered on his IBAN I gave him 4388!!Just before this, he told me,he thought Ashley Martin is dishonest and he can finish my car with the conditions agreed but he was forced to move the car in a other garage where production costs were cheaper!He sent me a model by email and I sent this to ASHLEY! After three weeks Ashley let my car leave with Turner! But Chris Turner put my car to Paul Samphire's unit during 4 months!!!!!he has lied me by email during 4months!!!And when I wanted to retrieve my car unfinished, it's very strange, AShley informed me my car was put outside 4 days before by Paul Samphire ( who was unreachable by phone) because Chris Turner had not paid him for the parking where he rent a place to keep my car! So he has decided to put my car outside and since...it would have disappeared or rather been stolen! Now the police (dixon Detectiv) works to find the person responsible for this story that will eventually drive me crazy!!

Most likely the builder couldnt be botherd to finish it , who in thier right mind would steal an Mr2 left hand drive half built Murcie replica in the uk??

No one !!!
    Even finished its worthless as it would be near impossible to sell on, only way it would be is for the parts, of which many seem to be required to finish, bit of a no brainer really, Genuine Murcies are rare , replicas even more so, even the biggest dim whit would know it wasnt a real lambo unfinished. So its more likely to be in bits somewhere or being bonded onto a right hand drive MR2.....

Perhaps before anyone gets a builder involved ask if they have insurances in place, then there is no DRAMA most companies of repute have insurances, but cowboy builders or penny pinchers dont,
    Therefore budget build = drama and seemingly total loss of all your cash, it makes me laugh how people can be so dim whitted over thier hard earned cash . and why the dim whit has to whinge and whine on here is beyond belief, it seems its nothing to do with Extreme afterall, just some idiot abroad like on sky Tv ...lol