Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protoype2 review

Protoype2 review

Hey guys, figured I would though this up as I've finally collected all of my stuff from him.

Anyway around 9 months ago I brought prototype2 a diffuser I wished to be molded and had copies made.
    I drove down to his shop and he took measurements of my part so he could quote my job.
    We agree'd on a price of $80 per part plus the mold making costs. I asked for a run of about 10 of them to start but would probably need more as I planned to pre sell these in a group buy.

I emailed him a few days later saying total production run would be about 18. We agreed monies would be paid upon pickup of complete diffusers.

I asked him how soon the order could be ready and he said about 4 weeks if I recall... said something about only being able to do 2 diffusers a day since I only had one mold and curing took time and this that and the other.. so I said ok no problem.

a few weeks in he had a few done so I drove down to see them. after I got there he explains that he under quoted me and that they would be $90 per.. Now I'm sure some of you are saying big deal thats $10 bucks but that 10$x18 units is almost $200 and suppose I sold my diffusers in the group buy for $100, that just cut out 50% of my profit! anyway I felt and still feel like I should Not of had to pay for this mistake.

But I did and the work continued.

Anyway the final order ended up taking about 8 weeks if I remember - way over due and the final quality of the parts was terrible.

I will be sure to add some quotes from my customers on their take on the quality of the product that received.

Finally I asked proto 3 months ago now if he could do me another run of diffusers as I had a few new guys interested in some.
    He originally told me it would be 3-4 weeks for supplies to come in. I agreed and said no problem.

Now 3 months later of BS, no reply's, excuses and what not he tells me he's too busy to produce my order. WTF?! why didn't he tell me 3 months ago he had no interest in my business anymore? Finally picked up my diffuser yesterday and the guy couldn't give me the time of day.
    He was somewhat busy loading a pallet into a truck but not even a hey man hows it going...

Outright terrible customer service.

Also Jslyrics honestly go get your car man, I dont think I've noticed any progress on that thing in 8 months now.
    I'll let phil inform you guys on how things went but I wasn't impressed personally.

Re: Protoype2 review

Too busy to say 'hi' to a customer in his shop??? Man, lambochick was right. He is a very very busy guy. GTFO, if that was me I would have have told him what a douche he is. Everyone needs to shut up about about how incredibly busy these builders are. It's a freaking joke how they treat people.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with this guy but I get PM's from members telling me about all the lies they are constantly being fed by other builders. A legitimate excuse is fine but straight up bullish*tting is just plain wrong and unacceptable.

2011 is the year to get real and separate the builders from the bullsh*tters.

Raj

Sounds bad pity

I have found many customers dont or cannot speak badly of their builder..... until its too late so to speak in fear of never receiving their product or getting something bloody awful.

few quotes below from customers on the quality

"took hours sanding, drilling etc. poorly made diffuser"

"just cause its made out of fiberglass doesnt mean it has to look like some 4 year old in his backyard did it."

"I took this to a shop today and they couldn't believe that it was actually produced the way it was received."

there were chips, air pockets and bad fitment from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor X
    Hey guys, figured I would though this up as I've finally collected all of my stuff from him.

Anyway around 9 months ago I brought prototype2 a diffuser I wished to be molded and had copies made.
    I drove down to his shop and he took measurements of my part so he could quote my job.
    We agree'd on a price of $80 per part plus the mold making costs. I asked for a run of about 10 of them to start but would probably need more as I planned to pre sell these in a group buy.

I emailed him a few days later saying total production run would be about 18. We agreed monies would be paid upon pickup of complete diffusers.

I asked him how soon the order could be ready and he said about 4 weeks if I recall... said something about only being able to do 2 diffusers a day since I only had one mold and curing took time and this that and the other.. so I said ok no problem.

a few weeks in he had a few done so I drove down to see them. after I got there he explains that he under quoted me and that they would be $90 per.. Now I'm sure some of you are saying big deal thats $10 bucks but that 10$x18 units is almost $200 and suppose I sold my diffusers in the group buy for $100, that just cut out 50% of my profit! anyway I felt and still feel like I should Not of had to pay for this mistake.

But I did and the work continued.

Anyway the final order ended up taking about 8 weeks if I remember - way over due and the final quality of the parts was terrible.

I will be sure to add some quotes from my customers on their take on the quality of the product that received.

Finally I asked proto 3 months ago now if he could do me another run of diffusers as I had a few new guys interested in some.
    He originally told me it would be 3-4 weeks for supplies to come in. I agreed and said no problem.

Now 3 months later of BS, no reply's, excuses and what not he tells me he's too busy to produce my order. WTF?! why didn't he tell me 3 months ago he had no interest in my business anymore? Finally picked up my diffuser yesterday and the guy couldn't give me the time of day.
    He was somewhat busy loading a pallet into a truck but not even a hey man hows it going...

Outright terrible customer service.

Also Jslyrics honestly go get your car man, I dont think I've noticed any progress on that thing in 8 months now.
    I'll let phil inform you guys on how things went but I wasn't impressed personally.

Man, you already knew how long it would take to make a diffuser, 2 days for just one part right. you wanted it rushed and I told you parts wouldn't be great if they were but you wanted it as fast as you can. baking parts warps them, and you wanted 20 parts in 2-3 weeks, I told you it would be near a month a half till that order will be ready. As for the price I told you 90 in the start, you asked if I could do it cheaper, I did. After making one part I told you couldn't do it for 80 no more, the time it takes to make one on rush 6-7 hours. After materials, hours, pay my partner, I make 8 bucks out of it, so I dont know why your complaining about price when you already knew about it. It did not take 8 weeks, I had them ready for you in 4-5 weeks, you just never came and picked them up, and if you remember correctly you came to pick up the diffuser two times as they wouldn't all fit in your car, so it never took 8 weeks to make.

Just because your mad that you took money from people and don't have a product to give them, and I told you I wasn't able to make you two more.

I never gave you any excuses, i told you was waiting for a shippment of resin, a large order that shit takes time.

When you came in to the shop I did say hi, you just didn't hear me, u had a conversation with me while I was loading a create on to a truck, so wtf are you talking about?

I'm not about to debate any of this with you as its only a matter of he said she said.

fact is the original invoice you wrote me says $80 per
    you should have calculated all of your overhead into the original quote.
    it wasn't the price I was pissed about it was the fact I had to pay for your mistake.

if you had originally said man best I can do is $130 per then It might have been a different story you know, its not my fault you only made $8 on em but now I can see why you couldn't care less to make me another run.

I'm pissed because had you told me 3 months ago you didn't want my business I would of happily gone else ware, instead got strung along only to be told sorry no time anymore 3 months later.

as far as the conversation went it was something like.. uh so is that it just the stuff at the front? your like ya and the two little things.

Best of luck with your future endeavors.

I have not delt in him personally but do stop by his shop every now and again, even brought my wife out once, i usually stay there for 20 min. at a time... that sucks, I hope not everyone has had that bad of experience with him. but none of my incounters delt with money changing hands

Quote Originally Posted by viciouscrx
    I have not delt in him personally but do stop by his shop every now and again, even brought my wife out once, i usually stay there for 20 min. at a time... that sucks, I hope not everyone has had that bad of experience with him. but none of my incounters delt with money changing hands
    Lets just sum this up and move on...

the bad builders should just find a different outlet for their criminal careers
    the good builders but lousy business owners should seriously hire a GOOD business manager
    the good builders and good business owners continue to do what you do
    and you know which one of the above you are.. don't you ???

It seems like in the replica car business, the only way to build a car and not get ripped off is to do it yourself! Seems like there is almost nobody in the replica car business that you can trust! :'(

Just out of curiosity.........can anybody name a trustworthy builder that has good recommendations? Even as big as IFG was, I had problems with them not delivering parts, delivering wrong parts, not refunding money back that was promised, lying. To be fair, everything turned out okay with them in the end, but it took a lot of "arm twisting"!