Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: vendetta coupe is ready..... gagliardidesign.com

Re: vendetta coupe is ready..... gagliardidesign.com

Looks Good......but not when you can buy a REAL diablo for about that price. hmmmm....real Lamborghini or fiberglassed rebody FIERO, no brainer!

Quote Originally Posted by KISSIMMEEDIABLO
    Looks Good......but not when you can buy a REAL diablo for about that price. hmmmm....real Lamborghini or fiberglassed rebody FIERO, no brainer!
    Sure you can buy a Diablo for about that, if your into a dated style and can afford the mantinence, Yeah it's a no brainer. :

It would seem that your into these cars for the status they bring , i like them because they are unlike anything else on the road and they are timeless. You cant tell me that you dont appreciate the countach there still isnt anything else like it.

And why is it always maintenance..... we can build a car from scratch but we cant change a clutch etc..... seems like a lost cause

His car is beautiful and very worthy, he needs to do it justice and design and use his own chassis, one worthy of his bodies. Stop relying on the fiero. At least offer the NAERC chassis's , today's economy..... for $70K it better not be on a fiero , regardless of the mods made to it. Fiero VIN = Fiero chassis.

If people will pay that price, why not?

His car is beautiful and very worthy, he needs to do it justice and design and use his own chassis, one worthy of his bodies. Stop relying on the fiero. At least offer the NAERC chassis's , today's economy..... for $70K it better not be on a fiero , regardless of the mods made to it. Fiero VIN = Fiero chassis.
    At today's labor rates, good luck on a complete from scratch car for 70k, your not being realistic.

Joe

Then it becomes cost prohibitive, Unrealistic... the numbers don't lie. A REAL Lamborghini or fiberglass SHELL over a fiero for that price. Hes not a super car manufacture, it still follows the replica build process regardless of its design. ITs a beautiful car and with a chassis that is suitable... I agree, well worth it !!!!! Thats all im saying.

I do belive that is what most builders are complaining about. I love the Fiero, had 4 of them (two for kit car purposes) but getting parts for them (at least where I live) where scarce and ordering them thru mail took forever. Lovely car but an old one. A tube chassis (or one build around the Fiero tub) would have been the ideal route for this car (just a tought, not imposing my idea) then the $70K mark seems more justifiable. Do not got me wrong: The coupe looks great although I do not like the back or the front lights but overall the coupe looks great. any of our skilled fiberglass members can make a different back part or front and voila!

And why is it always maintenance..... we can build a car from scratch but we cant change a clutch etc..... seems like a lost cause
    Well, not everyone will have the proper tools and\or equipment to work on real Lambos\Ferraris (at least I don't). I enjoyed trying (that is the key word) to put together\finish an unfinished Lambo replica. I am not a mechanic but learned a lot while doing it. The biggest lesson learned in teh process: Buy an assembled kit car\replica with all the kinks sorted out.