Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know where carkitinc got their moulds from?

Anyone know where carkitinc got their moulds from?

I just want to clear something up, Jackie has stated on his carkitinc facebook page that he built his own moulds for his Mercy1 and Mercy2. He claims the Mercy1 is a 1999 Murcielago (3 years before it was produced) because he built the moulds from the "futureistic" murcielago that was set to be released in 02. I've heard he bought the moulds from a guy named steve, can anyone add any info to this?

This is the post he made

"JUST TO CLEAR THINGS UP: This is straight from Mr. Johnson.

The Mercy-1 is a 1999 body style meaning we made this in 1999 and the Mercy-2 is a 2007 body style meaning we made this in 2007.
    In 1999 we made the MERCY-1 from photos of the 2002 future Murcielago."

Re: Anyone know where carkitinc got their moulds from?

This is my understanding of how things occurred:

The company Triangle G (Steve Terteryan) built the G24 murcy 1 replica. For years, it was the only show in town. When he came out with the updated G28, Audi, who owns Lamborghini, shut him down.

Similarly, the company Top Gun the same year came out with an accurate Murcielago replica, which Audi also shut down.

Both companies simply modified the molds to prevent copyright infringement - Triangle G added a dozen scoops, spoilers, etc (you can see this on the gold car and blue car on CarKitInc's site). Top Gun severely modified there's into the Vendetta.

It's my understanding that CarkitInc bought the Triangle G molds, but who knows - they could've just splashed a kit also.

I can understand how they'd want to distance themselves from that for copyright infringement tho.

Thank you RHK

Any idea when the G24 moulds were sold?

The G24 is the same as the Murcy1 kit at CarKitInc. I'd recommend against this kit -it's a good looking car, just it's very inaccurate, and costs just as much to build as the Murcy 2 (G28).

The reventon supposedly came from ravn2. He is on this forum selling his kit as reventon911.

I actually prefer the looks of the G24, I really dont like the looks of the side scoops, rear bumper, tail lights, and the front spoiler on the G28. I probably will buy a mercy1 from carkitinc, I know it will take a lot of work to make it more accurate, Im going to make the bumpers removable, and will probably have to slice the body length wise to drop the side ducts down to the right level so it looks more correct.

Hmm.. you might be talking about the difference between a Murcielago, and an LP640. The latter has different bumpers, rockers, and taillights. There were 2 versions of the G28 (Murcy 2). One replicated the Murcielago, the other the L640. Not sure if Carkit offers the older version; if so, I think it's closer to what you're looking for than the G24.

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

G28 REG.

In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

I think you are right, its the LP640 Im not a huge fan of. Still a goregous car, but I prefer the murcielago style. Car kit inc's mercy2 is a LP640. Can you reccomend a good place I can look besides carkitinc and extreme?

exotic motor sports . com