Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone purchased brake rotors from this outfit?????

Has anyone purchased brake rotors from this outfit?????

Has anyone done business with this outfit before?

They have good prices - I'm looking to but some drilled viper rotors.

http://brakeperformance.com/brake-ro...s.php?did=9301

Re: Has anyone purchased brake rotors from this outfit?????

are you going to use those on your fiero?..i remember seeing a set up on eBay about a year ago I don't know who was posting it but they were selling brackets that would allow viper rear calpers to be fitted on it..i can't find it anywhere now...do you know where i can get those brackets if your are doing that set up?

Quote Originally Posted by AsantiLP
    are you going to use those on your fiero?..i remember seeing a set up on eBay about a year ago I don't know who was posting it but they were selling brackets that would allow viper rear calpers to be fitted on it..i can't find it anywhere now...do you know where i can get those brackets if your are doing that set up?
    http://www.westcoastfiero.com/brakes/brakes_13.html

I'm going to use the WCF brackets with the stock calipers on my 88 Fiero. If I find that the stopping power isn't to my liking I will move up to duel piston calipers. I'm hoping the OEM ones will be good enough. The 88s supposedly had an improvement in braking comparred to previous models. Plus the addition of moving the calper father away from the hub should be a benefit as well. I origionaly wanted to go with a 14 inch rotor vs the 13 inch but the 14's weigh so darn much. Apparently about 24 pounds each for the 14s and only 17 pounds for the 13s. Unless I want to spend the big bucks and go with the 2 piece rotors.

I was gonna use my stock calipers too and just add the 13in rear viper rotors and all four..the brackets were sold for around $120 on ebay and all you needed was to buy 4 rear viper rotors and you are good to go but i can't find it anywhere now...the westcost fiero want way too much and I don't want to spend that much money..also i have a 86 fiero do you think it would work on my model?...whoever was selling it on ebay had them for 85-87 and then a seperate set up for 88 fieros..i wish i would have saved the sellers ebay name

I was gonna use my stock calipers too and just add the 13in rear viper rotors and all four..the brackets were sold for around $120 on ebay and all you needed was to buy 4 rear viper rotors and you are good to go but i can't find it anywhere now...the westcost fiero want way too much and I don't want to spend that much money..also i have a 86 fiero do you think it would work on my model?...whoever was selling it on ebay had them for 85-87 and then a seperate set up for 88 fieros..i wish i would have saved the sellers ebay name
    Yea, I wish you had saved the name as well. I have dimensions for one of the WCF brackets but not the other. The 85-87 are definitely different. If you come accross the ebay guy. please let me know.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver
    Yea, I wish you had saved the name as well. I have dimensions for one of the WCF brackets but not the other. The 85-87 are definitely different. If you come accross the ebay guy. please let me know. It's always good to save the cash for more OEM Ferrari stuff!

thanks!

Yea, I wish you had saved the name as well. I have dimensions for one of the WCF brackets but not the other. The 85-87 are definitely different. If you come accross the ebay guy. please let me know.

thanks!
    on the 88 fieros you need the brackets and the hub centric rings. plus the re-drilled viper rotors.
    the earlier models require upgraded spindles to use the 13" brakes and still your stuck with the weak calipers.

MacGyver,
    you should also use braided steel brake lines and some ebc high friction pads to get the full effect. thats what i do on all my bikes and cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Z

thanks!
    on the 88 fieros you need the brackets and the hub centric rings. plus the re-drilled viper rotors.
    the earlier models require upgraded spindles to use the 13" brakes and still your stuck with the weak calipers.

MacGyver,
    you should also use braided steel brake lines and some ebc high friction pads to get the full effect. thats what i do on all my bikes and cars.
    I planned on the braided brake lines but wasn't aware about the pads. Do you have a good source? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tallon
    What do people do about the calipers with the holes in them if you're building a lambo or something
    I have c4 calipers I guess they're the same as the fieros and I don't like them. How do people feel about covers? I'll probably end up buying different brakes. Can't put lambo sticker on c4 calipers :\
    I'm going to cheat and use covers. Take a look at Toby's 355 build. he used covers on his Wilwood calipers - I think they look real nice!