Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't buy anything from Jackie @ CarKitInc.com

Don't buy anything from Jackie @ CarKitInc.com

I purchased a dee-low roadster kit from Jackie and first off it is complete trash. Upon receiving my crate first of all it collapsed in shipping and broke the whole window frame off. The body has no bracing, I have spent 2 weeks just trying to straighten it out. He didn't even send me everything. The rear wing wasn't sent, the side fins were missing and some interior trim was missing. This guy is a crook and should be shut down for this fiberglass mess he's selling. But he says "it's the best kit on planet Earth" Trust me spend the extra money and buy something you actually have a chance to complete. I WILL be buying a new body kit so if anyone has one for sale let me know. $4,250.00 Kit + 978.50 shipping this was a very expensive mistake. Sorry Jackie you should have at least tried to fix this mess not shun me off!

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Re: Don't buy anything from Jackie @ CarKitInc.com

Not the first time ive heard of their bad business and bad parts

I think maybe he's so arogant because there aren't but less than a hand full if that of kit makers around and if you want one, there are not many choices... I ordered some diablo mirror shells from him, he sent me murci mirror shells ... complete trash..i couldn't even sell them, i tried to give them away to a murci builder friend, he trashed them. Speaking to him reminded me of Forrest Gump as a shady car sellsman... just saying. I've heard a few good stories of kits from him.. Maybe it depends on who's laying the fiberglass that day. There is a guy in Houston that makes 6.0 diablos kits only to order.. His name is Don Guzman, he owns a collision/repair shop off of 290W/beltway 8... does excellent work. he also makes replica diablo chassis.

I love reading this all "Replica Comanies Sites" ..... "The leader in Replica Body-Kits" .... Or "The Best Kits on the Market"

Sorry to hear that you had to go through such a bad deal. Totally sucks he didn't help you fix the situation. Hope everything works out for you.

Do you have any pics you are willing to share.....I almost purchased his Dee Low kit, and had considered it my next build. PM me or post them....whatever you choose.
    Keep dreaming if you want to, I'm building mine!

Quote Originally Posted by lambo4242
    I think maybe he's so arogant because there aren't but less than a hand full if that of kit makers around and if you want one, there are not many choices... I ordered some diablo mirror shells from him, he sent me murci mirror shells ... complete trash..i couldn't even sell them, i tried to give them away to a murci builder friend, he trashed them. Speaking to him reminded me of Forrest Gump as a shady car sellsman... just saying. I've heard a few good stories of kits from him.. Maybe it depends on who's laying the fiberglass that day. There is a guy in Houston that makes 6.0 diablos kits only to order.. His name is Don Guzman, he owns a collision/repair shop off of 290W/beltway 8... does excellent work. he also makes replica diablo chassis.
    The mirrors that came with my CKI LP640 roadster were garbage also. I sent them to Dean in Atlanta to try and save them and he basically had to trash them and start making new mirrors from scratch. I'm making my body kit work but it's happening a huge cost in materials and time and to do it all over I would've rather spent this money on a much better quality body and considered myself ahead of the game.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by lambo4242
    Does he have a website?

Sorry for the lost, at least the kit wasn't 15- 20k like the narec and d&r back in the days. Those were the best quality at the good old days. But they never had problems ever. I guess that's why they costs so much more to start out with. I hope you can solve the problem with each other. Otherwise take him to court and do it the legal way.

sorry for your loss

WOW, I live south of houston TX he's in Central Alabama. Quite a drive to exchange somthing that should have never been shipped!