Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Murcielago kits

Murcielago kits

hey whats up fellow builders,
    Quick question, except for CKI are there any other kit manufacturers of the lp640??
    I heard both good and bad things about CKI and before i take that next set and purchase i just want to see who else provides these kits.
    Thank you...

Re: Murcielago kits

*joe at inland exotics. A+ kit
    *a guy i cant remember his name in Fl. g24 LP
    *extreme very perfect kit not so perfect price
    *i think john Watson was doin a pefect kit
    *theres another place but i cant remember the name it was like dynamic somethin, they made like 3 versions a slim, regular and extra wide.

sorry im not very informative but just lettin u know that they r out there. others can chime in and give details

my opinion, get a vendetta. they're sexy

LamboChick also forgot to mention there's extreme's Murcielago kit which is OEM specs but they are probably the most expensive next to the johnwatson kit.

Joe at Inland?
    Surely you cant be serious....the guy went out of business last summer.

There are no reliable Murci kits in the US, trust me, I've done HOURS and HOURS of work, cant even find one.
    Sure, dorks like RobsLP640 will pop up every now and then, but you don't want to do business with someone working out of their home garage.

Your best bet is to work with Extreme.
    Their a bit pricier, but at least you know their reputable (somewhat).

It's just a very shady industry, cuz at the end of the day, kit car producers are stealing designs from other manufacturers and making it their own.

I'll keep waiting till someone reliable shows up in the US....but dont hold ur breath.
    Theres really not much you can do, forums like this one will only provide you with so much, gotta do the hard work on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by 767pilot
    hey whats up fellow builders,
    Quick question, except for CKI are there any other kit manufacturers of the lp640??
    I heard both good and bad things about CKI and before i take that next set and purchase i just want to see who else provides these kits.
    Thank you...

Hey Champ, what do you mean by Joe going out of business last year. Is that the reason my car has been at his shop for close to 2 years now?

Raj

thank you all for the info,
    it really did help...

Quote Originally Posted by TheChamp

There are no reliable Murci kits in the US, trust me, I've done HOURS and HOURS of work, cant even find one.
    Sure, dorks like RobsLP640 will pop up every now and then, but you don't want to do business with someone working out of their home garage.

It's just a very shady industry, cuz at the end of the day, kit car producers are stealing designs from other manufacturers and making it their own.

I'll keep waiting till someone reliable shows up in the US....but dont hold ur breath.
    Theres really not much you can do, forums like this one will only provide you with so much, gotta do the hard work on your own.

Hey Champ, I'm guessing that you're speaking from years of experience in the business of building kit cars, am I correct? Or do you just get on forums and bad mouth builders and people that you've never even met? If you're willing to do all the hard work and you're such an expert, you should just build your own body from scratch. All the guys that I've met are basically building their cars in their garage or back patio, so I'd be careful about ragging on people that are just trying to build their cars and share their knowlege in here.

Dorks like me huh, with no shop huh, you can tell ur a newbie because everyone on here some that have actually been to both of my shops and my house, I have so many bodies I store them at my house. U should get ur facts straight before u run ur mouth.

Fly down to AZ, ill personally pick u up at the airport, show u real hand laid bodies, two real shops, and real builders, there's four with ten miles or so of me. Google Robslp640 and you'll see my reputation is flawless

Ouch, I think someone just got their a** handed to them on a platter