Thread: Beware Charlie manson 5150

Beware Charlie manson 5150

Beware of charliemanson5150 .selling F-355.Claims to be nice car,straight lines, doors dont sink in ect.I dont know if this guy just buys and sells used kits or what . I bought one of his gems.Every thing he said was untrue the car is a mess.the fiberglass is very thin with large air pockets in it and nothing comes close to lining up . I have seen that he has be advertising his junk on kit cars.com so be carfull.

Re:Beware Charlie manson 5150

thanks for the heads up.

HI YA, I am in Atlanta, this manson fella, says he is just north east of Atlanta, advertises the kit to be in south carolina. he has placed the same ad with in the last 6 months. He claims to have bought two of the kits at a car show at Atlanta int. speedway from some one selling them from a pickup truck , said the person had a completed kit that was magnificent. He said he Has one almost finished.Claims this is the best kit he has ever seen. both times he advertised he said the kit was still just North of Atlanta. When I have tried to set a time to go look , He says he is on his way out of town and should be back later the next week. Sounds like he may be trying to sale his kits to thoes to far away, who will just send money and have him send them the kit. I tried real hard both times to see the kit, seems it was never convient for him. Who knows it just maybe a magnificent kit. I have decided to go with a known fact and have just orderded a Air Dynamics F355 Spider.........Cya

also phillip morris 5150 is the same guy he has some ads on kitcars.com trying to sell diablo kits..

Saw the name Phillip Morris mentioned. Thought I'd post some emails we shot back and forth last June. It's funny, because I even plugged Ari's site to him.:

Thanx for the info Phillip. Your kit is looking great. If you're not already, you should join Ari's kit car forum at http://www.madmechanics.com/cgi-bin/Forum/YaBB.cgi It deals mostly with Ferrari kits and others are welcome. Look forward to seeing you there.
    As for the kit, unfortuneately I think I'm going to have to pass for now. The wife pointed out some projects she'd like done first, so my Ferrari is on hold. But who knows, maybe not for too long.

thanx again, and good luck.

Bob

phillip morris wrote:
    Hi Bob, Yes, the kit is still here. I have had about a thousand call on it but it is still here. The kit came from www.wakitcar.s5.com/index.htm I spent about two years shopping around for one of these kits and this is the best one that I was able to find. I bought two of these kits, I had planned to build one and sell it then use the money made from that one to build a really nice one to keep. But, I really just don't have the spare time and the one that I am building is turning out really nice so I am just going to keep the one that I am building now.What I have for sale is the complete body kit with the euro side markers and the complete functional convertible top from Canadian Customs. The top is really nice, it is the best fitting one that I could find and it is very complete it has all needed hardware, all it needs is cloth. I also have the dash board and gage pod, I did not buy there door panels I found a company in FL that sells much nicer door panels. www.mrmikes.com I bought there door panels and there seat covers for the kit that I am keeping, they look great and were pretty cheap.I will send a few pics of the car that I am building it is about 70% done now. This has been a really easy kit to build all the parts have just bolted on the Fiero chassis. I have not had to fabricate any sub-frames. It has taken me just over 100 hours to build the kit to this stage so far.Give me a call if you have any other questions. Cory770-601-6682
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 9:39 AM
    To: phillipmorris5150@msn.com
    Subject: 355 kit
    Hi there.

Is the kit still available? If so, who is the manufacturer? Where are
    you located? How much ar you asking for it? Could you send me some pics?

thanx for any info.

Bob

Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

RCR what was the date when you were looking at his car.I was wondering because I bought mine from him in jan.03.The E-mail that he sent you was almost word for world the E-mail that he sent me and with me being a newbie I was sucked in by his B.S.

June 2002
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

CharlieManson5150, PhilipsMorris5150 are both Cory Davis. He makes and sells Ferrari and Lambo kits.

From what I have read over at www.kitcentral.com, his Diablo kits seem ok. He has around 10 of them being built over there.

Not sure why he does all this smokes and mirrors stuff though. He once used www.diablokitcar.com to sell a kit that "He did not have enough time for". Sometimes he even says he is "selling for a friend in the Marines". If the guy would only clean up his act, he could have a good little business happening. $4000k for a diablo roadster with glass and most hinges is a darn good price.....even if the fiberglass is in rough shape.

All in all, I really dont have much of a opinion of him. Never dealt with him but the people who have with diablos, seem to be content.

Just a bit of background.