Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Molds??

Molds??

Im thinking of starting a shop where I can start some kit work as theres none in the area and tons of people ask me.. Im just pricing out some stuff and cant seem to find molds anywhere for a reasonable price? any ideas?

Ps: looking for Ferrari and lambo molds if they're cheap enough...

Re: Molds??

Hello Wazzier,

are you asking for molds of the entire body kits? or just the ancillary items like interior and engine cover parts?

Whole kit my friend..

Wow, that is a serious undertaking, I hope you get there, i would really like to see a new body supplier with new quality body kits and interiors !!
    I think i have seen some body molds offered in the mall area of the forum recently.

Peace

Wazzier;

I know of a fellow in Calgary, Alberta Canada that has several full moulds of the 355, Testarossa TR, M, Widebody and a 67 Corvette convertible. He has tried to sell bodies several times in various ways but has had no luck. These are the old CK3 moulds that were out and about for several years in the 90's and early 2000's.

I don't know if you are interested in these types of cars but you can cal him up and ask if he is wanting to get rid of them or not.

His name is Thomas Squires. I sent you his phone number in PM. Not sure if it is already on the site or not but thought I would PM in case it is not.

Thanks
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Thanks Don really appreciate it.. I'll give him a shout tomorrow. I'm not looking to buy right this second but very shortly, just shopping around really. It's unfortunate, I have a 328 fully assembled and running. Wish I could mold it..

?? why cant you mold your car?
    it isn't a difficult thing to do, as long as you have the time and space to do it. plus you get out of it what you put into it so you could make a perfect copy...plus have spare parts for your car !!

I have Ferrari Daytona Spider and D&R Gen2 Diablo Coupe molds for sale. Located in South Carolina. Both are heavy production molds, not thin cheap molds. Both are dirt cheap. I've been holding on to them for years but I need the space. 1500 for daytona molds and 5k for the Diablo. I know the diablo molds were built with a filled system and the materials alone was probably over 20k, not counting hundreds of hours flanging and building the molds.

I believe you have to remove the panels to mold them and mines currently for sale (not by choice lol) therefore not giving me any downtime to work on it that much. Hey thanks for the offer buddy Im going to seriously consider the diablo. I'm just coming into some good money so I want to make sure that all works out before I invest in anything. Good things usually like to go wrong. I'm also very new to this still in the process of doing alot of research and so on..

Now thinking of it maybe I will mold my car.. Any way to do this without dissembling the car? Thanks guys.