Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari exhaust sound Hi form my research I found that most replica manufacture

Ferrari exhaust sound Hi form my research I found that most replica manufacture

Ferrari exhaust sound

Hi form my research I found that most replica manufacturers use motorbike exhaust for there kits, I try to buy one but they sell it only as parts of the whole kit , I am thinking if using a Suzuki gsxr 1100 cc motorbike exhaust to make my own exhaust ,what do you think ?any suggestions
    Last edited by FunnyWheels; 12-08-2011 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Spelling

Re: Ferrari exhaust sound Hi form my research I found that most replica manufacture

there is a slight change in sound..but,they wont last,especially with a bigger motor in your replica.the rivets blow out,there not designed to hold threw pressure from a car engine,also the sound you hear from a sport bike is not from the exhaust its from the inline four engine from the bike,it is a high rev engine also just like ferrari.well balanced and smaller pistons with a shorter stroke..if anything rebuild the engine with a short stroke kit,youll get a similar sound but the price to do it is not worth it.if it can be done.

Re: Ferrari exhaust sound Hi form my research I found that most replica manufacture

It can be done, I am thinking of doing the same thing. The requirements for an exhaust are the same car or bike, to muffle the sound without creating any restriction. The cans that I am using have a 2.5" core, the same as the car that the engine came from but the sound is insane, mellow untill you get on it

This is what I used.

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Dave, What is that that you used,is that the muffler in the pic? Is it a over the counter part? is your exhaust basically open other then going through that small muffler, or did you use it with something else? and final question what motor are you running and what does it sound like now?
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianBurton
    It can be done, I am thinking of doing the same thing. The requirements for an exhaust are the same car or bike, to muffle the sound without creating any restriction. The cans that I am using have a 2.5" core, the same as the car that the engine came from but the sound is insane, mellow untill you get on it
    could you please tell me which motorbike exhaust did you use ? and what is the size of you engine

those look like header collector inserts.

Lots of different sizes.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Car-Chemistry/...44688/10002/-1

dave, got any sound clips of they sound like? I've been tempted to give them a try.

That is it with a little steel wool to muffler it a bit. I use a tubo charged 3800 with no muffler.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

hi i found out that motorbike exust can be used for example look at this website They have been used on bikes upwards of 1.6 liters watch all of the videos particularly Listen to video 4 in particular http://www.ultimav12.ca/

thanks adrian . so i was thinkning to use a GSXR 1300 Hayabusa exhaust for my car ,what do you think ?

Exactly what I plan to use
    Check this link out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x31KyRZLR7c&NR=1

Edit: add link