Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Design Ideas

Design Ideas

Instead of replicating kits from produced cars........why not something like these with an Acura NSX platform? I credit these to pictures from Majorstoner

Re: Design Ideas

Good idea, maybe someone with enough capital could make a kit... and it would be exciting if we as a collective can vote on the best design.

In-fact, woudnt it be great if we all can have credit on the internet and as a group, contract reputable shops to make the kit.
    Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages. http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts

Great idea!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ArashB
    Good idea, maybe someone with enough capital could make a kit... and it would be exciting if we as a collective can vote on the best design.

In-fact, woudnt it be great if we all can have credit on the internet and as a group, contract reputable shops to make the kit.

IMO its to expensive of a base to start with. Why spend that sort of money when a well constructed chassis could be made?

I especially like the second drawing. If someone could do a 3-D drawing of that and design it to use a production windshield (Fiero?) and lights I think it would be a good seller. I would like to see more original designs and not just replicas.

It's a good idea, but yeah, a different donor is needed. besides being rare and expensive, the NSX has an aluminum chassis, which is difficult to weld, and requires different welding equipment than most of us have.

I've had a few NSX already and know everything about it. I was thinking of using the NSX as a doner car because it's a reliable car up to maybe 450hp turbocharge. Remover everything but the doors...and mold it to the chassis. The 1st and 2st should be easy...similar deal with Veilside kit. The last one, maybe a tube frame with bmw12. I would love to have a kitcar, but I sure don't want to drive a replica. ya'll know what I mean?

Using the NSX as a donor does not make that much sense to me. The car is already rare and a little pricey, but the idea of cutting one up to make something different is a wild gamble that the end product would be worth more than the OEM car. The mail reason for use a Fiero is that they are cheap, easy to find, parts are (mostly) easy to find and that it already comes with a VIN which makes registration in most states easier. When it comes to cheap power it is hard to argue with the 3800SC or any of the LS engines. These are pretty straight forward to put into a Fiero. Engine modifications to the NSX have been done, but there is nothing off the shelf to help you. It is sad to see a cut up Fiero ditched after a build failure, it is a crime for this to happen to an NSX. I see no difference in chopping up an NSX for a kit than chopping up a Pantera.

The more I read about the FFR 818 car, the more I believe that this is going to be the donor for "kits" in the future. Although it will not be able to fit a V8, it is over 1000lbs lighter than a Fiero or NSX. The Subaru engines have been proven to make good HP, and still last in both the import racing and sand rail scenes. If FFR can get the 818 out the door for the $10k price, the custom exotic scene will never be the same.

why not? just build around the current nsx frame? Give me half hour, i will remove bumpers and fenders. power area, there's BBSC, Comptech, and a quite a few of turbo existed. like i said, the first two...just replace the fenders and bumpers. the last one, tube frame with v12

Quote Originally Posted by Brastic
    Using the NSX as a donor does not make that much sense to me. The car is already rare and a little pricey, but the idea of cutting one up to make something different is a wild gamble that the end product would be worth more than the OEM car. The mail reason for use a Fiero is that they are cheap, easy to find, parts are (mostly) easy to find and that it already comes with a VIN which makes registration in most states easier. When it comes to cheap power it is hard to argue with the 3800SC or any of the LS engines. These are pretty straight forward to put into a Fiero. Engine modifications to the NSX have been done, but there is nothing off the shelf to help you. It is sad to see a cut up Fiero ditched after a build failure, it is a crime for this to happen to an NSX. I see no difference in chopping up an NSX for a kit than chopping up a Pantera.

The more I read about the FFR 818 car, the more I believe that this is going to be the donor for "kits" in the future. Although it will not be able to fit a V8, it is over 1000lbs lighter than a Fiero or NSX. The Subaru engines have been proven to make good HP, and still last in both the import racing and sand rail scenes. If FFR can get the 818 out the door for the $10k price, the custom exotic scene will never be the same.

Here is an example of an NSX platform. This was base on a current 91 NSX as I understood it. Correct me if I am wrong. Everything about this car but the exterior is the 91 nsx