Thread: Hiring an Ultima!

Hiring an Ultima!

hi all, im after some opinions on hiring a kit car, as my dad owns an Ultima GTR Can-Am and is thinking of starting a business to chauffeur grooms to weddings, boys to proms etc etc, just wanted to know if any of you kit car lovers would be prepared to pay if it was you needing a car?! - im not sure on prices yet (but we will be competitive!) just seeing it there is enough interest out there to get the business underway!!
    Thanks

Hayley

Re: Hiring an Ultima!

So your going to rent out your dads car to teenagers?
    I personally I am not fond of that design, but dont you think teenage kids are going to rip the hell out of that engine?

If you got a few DNA replica Ferrari's then you would get good business.

Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages. http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts

Not a good idea for prom to take an Ultima GTR. Sure a Delorean(At the most) should be the ONLY exotic car permitted for situations like that but the Ultima GTR is faster than most cars on the road. I wouldn't hand it over to even the most experienced street racer let alone a high school kid, thats just asking for trouble. Then you gotta think how small and uncomfortable it is, the girl can't wear anything nice and if she wears high heels forget it! ;D

I agree about getting a few DNA kits and renting them out. Leave those cars BONE STOCK underneith though.

I think yall are missing the key word in the post- " chauffeur ". Which I think his concept is to chauffeur, or provide a ride to a function like a wedding or prom.
    That being said-
    I used to have a limo that I used in my Photography business so I know a little about that industry. First order is insurance, to provide a ride for a fee in most states requires special insurance. Very costly insurance, and being a performance kit car- I doubt the fee to provide this service will be profitable enough to be worth while. Second issue I see- is this car has only 2 seats, 1 driver- 1 passenger. Most boys going to the prom want to go with a date. Most grooms want to be with the groomsmen / wedding party. This to me just wouldnt be a viable business venture, with these kind of cars the only profitable markets are to rent the cars out to photographers and music video producers. Where the car isnt driven by no one or only under very limited supervision... But depending on your demographics and the current market could still be a poor oppertunity.

Also the wedding/prom market is very seasonal, still not enough business to put forth the effort in developing a effective marketing campaign. While I applaud your energy and motivation- I would suggest you take these efforts into a different business venture.....

Quote Originally Posted by chrmd145
    hi all, im after some opinions on hiring a kit car, as my dad owns an Ultima GTR Can-Am and is thinking of starting a business to chauffeur grooms to weddings, boys to proms etc etc, just wanted to know if any of you kit car lovers would be prepared to pay if it was you needing a car?! - im not sure on prices yet (but we will be competitive!) just seeing it there is enough interest out there to get the business underway!!
    Thanks

Hayley
    Every single thing you named would be chauffeuring two people, since your car is two seater this makes no sense. In any case people wanna pay to drive an exotic, not to be driven in it.

thanks for replies - espeically luapynot - yes we had an astronomical insurance quote! think ill go back the drawing board on this one!

Ye not a bad idea my current Lambo the previous owner used for hire to chauffeur grooms to the church, thinking about it wonder if i could strap a coffin on the roof, any ideas ?.
    Kaz .................