Thread: V8 Archie

V8 Archie

I know that a lot of you have worked with V8 Archie at some point... but for those of you who have not, I just wanted to post my thoughts.

Every dealing that I have ever had with Archie has been nothing but first class. I can't find a single thing that would be anywhere near less than perfect. I just completed another transaction with Archie that is a prime example.

I had purchased a piece from Archie a long time ago... and never used it. It has been sitting on the shelf for much longer than any reasonable return period. I needed a battery relocation tray for my build... so I sent Archie an email and asked if there was any chance I could send back the part that I had not used and exchange it for a battery tray. I didn't even know what I had paid for the original part, but I knew that it was more than the battery tray. Archie... of course.. said no problem. I sent the part back, and today I recieved the battery tray back as promised. I was just happy to exchange a part that I wasn't using for a part that I needed.... BUT... not only did I get back the battery tray, he also included a check for the difference in value between the parts!!! Much unexpected.

FIRST CLASS ALL THE WAY. This is the type of person that I like to do business with. I know that I can always trust him. Thats a nice change in today's market.

He can get a little testy at times, but he really does have a reputation for quality products and good support. I've bought product from him too.

I would love to use him for a V8 transplant in my car but as with most high quality services, there are high quality prices.

Nothing wrong with this and I only wish I could afford the $6k - $9k I've heard quoted for a full install.

He certianally has the rep of being both a pioneer and leader of V8 Fiero based swaps.

Chris

My ls4 install was $8000 including the engine and all parts by fieroking. Then I went nuts and it went way more than that. Turbo kit, Held suspension and brakes, and a built transmission. But a stock ls4 is more than adequate and the transmission will last longer. I've broken a stock input shaft and a 300M. Now I'm getting a built tranny with all the goodies including an aermet 100 alloy input shaft. The aermet 100 shaft with it's internal shaft cost $1000 by itself, but I want to put the pedal down and still be able to drive it home instead of calling a wrecker. If that is what an Archie install goes for I would advise going ls4 even though I have great respect for Archie. If you want an ls with a stick shift though, I would talk to Archie. I don't know what other builders would charge for an ls swap.
    Last edited by dratts1; 12-15-2011 at 12:51 PM.

Archie was a member of this forum but quit because he was flamed so much. I think he is a stand up guy. I have talked to him a several shows in Daytona. I would purchase anything from the man.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

He gets flamed on pennocks too, but not as much as he gets respect.

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyWheels View Post
    Archie was a member of this forum but quit because he was flamed so much. I think he is a stand up guy. I have talked to him a several shows in Daytona. I would purchase anything from the man.
    You can thank Shaun Hammet for that over on realfierotech

The last time I checked he was well respected over on Pennocks it was real fiero tech were his work is not respected.

Personally I think it was awesome he did the Muria, LS7 Fiero and so on but his claims I sometimes wonder if they are legit or bogus. I believe He charges to much for kits and they don't perform for the price. You could build a V6 easily for pennies on the dollar. I also remember Exotic Illusions working with him and the reason why those Countach Turnkeys were so expensive was because of the Archie swap.