Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need some advice

I need some advice

Hey guys,

Merry Christmas everyone, I am new to the site and have always wanted to do a build of some sort, I was interested in doing a kit from carkit inc until I read alot of bad things about them here which I am glad I ddid before I went ahead and bought it. I have never built a kit before but I am pretty mechanically inclined, I am sure I will have questions along the way.
    I want to build a kit like the mercy 1 or the mercy 4 from carkit inc but I can't seem to find a seller or a dealer. I live in Canada but I will buy it in the states, it is not that bad to bring a kit across, does anyone have any input or a source of where I can buy a kit like that, Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Chris

I wouldnt mind building a 328 or a 308 ferrari either. sorry I forgot to mention that too but I would like a lambo,

Where are you? Since I have been looking several projects in my area have popped up. If you want to save some money you should keep checking your local area and see what might appear in Craigs or Epay. Great deals from folks that can't finish theirs for what ever reason.

I am in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. I would have to buy a parts car, if I buy a complete running car there is a bit of a headache bringing it across, If I do a parts car like just a body it isn't so bad. I never went on craiglist before but I will check it out, there isnt much on ebay. Thanks for the reply

I think the rules in Canada are changing when it comes to Kit Cars and you may find it very difficult to import a whole body.....

I lloked into this the other day, I went to my motor vehicle branch and asked them how to go about registering it, if I keep the suspension and chassis and not change too much it will be registered as what it is, example if I used a fiero frame and stuff it will done as a fiero, only difference will be it will have a different body, when it comes to the body I pay 2.5% on the first 1000 and 2% thereafter, to bring it across I have to have a full invoice of what is in the crate which will be faxed to the border three days earlier, just because of their paperwork. I live 45 minutes from the border so it is nothing for me to drive down and get the crate. I basically just need to know who or what company I can buy a body from, wait let me rephrase that, one that I can trust or you guys recommend. I really love the mercy 4 kit from carkit but I have heard more bad than good about them just on here alone. I am glad I read these though.

read alot of good things about robslp640's new bodys, they are one of the rare lp640's molded of a original, and my alltime favourite car might want to check him out

Thanks, I will check him out for sure

does anyone have a website for him

Toyota is now introducing the updated 2013
    Toyota Tundra in the market.
    Its a full-size pickup truck the sketch is attractive, stylish. nonetheless, provide you the best value, good looks and best safety features in its 2013 model.