Thread: Countach Tire Pressures

Question Countach Tire Pressures

Hi all, is there any body out there can give me the correct tyre pressures for my Mirage Replica
    for the life of me i don't seem to be able to find a thread on the net re the correct pressures.
    Its running on the correct wheels and tyres.
    Kaz ....................

From everything I have read it is 32 PSI front and 34 PSI rear.

When my red roadster was being rented out I was very upset with all the driveline damage so I increased the rear tire to 55 psi to prevent drivetrain damage. It helped and there was no noticeable difference with the handling or ride.

Thanks

Many thanks for the info the guy who originally started the build stated 40 Front 50 Back
    what did you end up running on the front ?.
    Cheers Kaz ............

I read a good trick to figure out tire pressure. Get some chalk and mark some lines across the sidewalls. Go do some autocross type driving. Check how much of the chalk line has rubbed off. If the line is going too far down the sidewall, then you need more pressure. If the chalk is still on the tread area above the sidewall, you need less pressure.

Another way is to check tire temperature immediately after a run on a straight course. If they are warmer in the center they have too much pressure, if the center is cooler they have too little pressure. This works if you are running 0 camber. Probably not a totally scientifically way to do it but it will get you in the right area. You can also check with the tire manufacturer and see what they recommend for your car's weight and tire size.

Too Hot To Handle

Great idea checking the temperature of the tyres, i find that with discs glowing red and the tyres almost melting this idea is just a little in practical.

Many thanks to all you guys to coming to help a damsel in distress .

Kaz ...................
    Last edited by kazkay; 01-28-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: To add text

Thanks for the thread, haven't got round to checking the Castor Camber/Tracking yet one of the top items on the list.
    Many thanks Kaz ..............