Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small engined Relicas?

Small engined Relicas?

Hey im 17 so insurance for anything over 1.4 is massively over priced, what cars can I get a replica of with an around 1.4.

I've seen the focas RS but I dont like them atall.

Thanks.

Check out Smyth performance, they are using a VW jetta/golf as the base for a very sporty original design. Check them out at Smyth Performance - Automotive Customizing, Automotive Parts & Accessories - Wareham, MA | Facebook
    they even have some performance stuff for the bio-diesel jetta. get looks , handling, and 40 miles to the gallon !

not really my thing tbh, thanks for the reply though. Has anyone seen a decent AUDI TT replica?

I havent seen any cool modern designs for the economy market, although that above custom car posted is pretty cool, but if you want the best you have to build it yourself (which is not too hard if you do your research).

I have a few concepts that I plan on building, and the affordable kit car segment is something that I'd like to get into on day.
    One of my past ideas was to make an extreme Civic sedan kit that looks like an Aston with a Lambo body on it.

Picture - http://i51.tinypic.com/14911ea.jpg
    A thread going into detail about it.
    Turning a newer Civic to a Lambo shape concept kit. - Honda Civic Forum

What is your budget for a donor car, I think Ive seen a Miata donor kit that converts to a BMW Z coupe.

2013 Audi TT rendering and speculation | autoten.com

Quote Originally Posted by ArashB View Post
    I havent seen any cool modern designs for the economy market, although that above custom car posted is pretty cool, but if you want the best you have to build it yourself (which is not too hard if you do your research).

A thread going into detail about it.
    Turning a newer Civic to a Lambo shape concept kit. - Honda Civic Forum

What is your budget for a donor car, I think Ive seen a Miata donor kit that converts to a BMW Z coupe.

2013 Audi TT rendering and speculation | autoten.com
    I have about 10k to for the whole thing, reason I want a small engine is for cheap car insurance.

Check out this car. Should be easy and inexpensive to build and you can use almost any small engine.
    http://www.grabercars.com/phpbb2/

Talking

Here you go,you can use any motor trans combo you want. Or you could just buy mine.

Quote Originally Posted by stryker View Post

Here you go,you can use any motor trans combo you want. Or you could just buy mine.

What price you looking for? what engine is in it?

The way it sits i would take $12,500.00 it has a 3800 supercharged in it.if you want it without the motor trans we could work something out that way too.the car is not 100% done,some small stuff left to do yet.i put 600 miles on it last summer without any set backs.the car is stupid fast and really handles well.if your serious ii can pm you my number.

John

WOW !!!! Great looking car ! Price is right too.