Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini Aventador

Lamborghini Aventador

This Thread is a Journal for news of the Aventador.

Body Kits & Other Related Concepts. Upgrades, Arts, Trivia, and other works entertained on MM and other forums.

Please only contribute with positive and helpful information.

* In nowhere in this thread do I condone making anything that violates copyrights.

INTRODUCING THE AVENTADOR
    --------------------------------

Official commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMw8-9elwk8

Official Specs etc.

Aventador Assembled in the Show-Room:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeBv9ngOfoI

Aventador Specs:
    http://www.lambocars.com/aventador/a...fications.html

Aventador Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_Aventador

Aventador Rolling Chassis
    http://www.motorauthority.com/pictur...ry-1#100360278

Thanx all

Name:  How it got its name.jpg
Views: 5806
Size:  27.7 KB
    Last edited by am33r; 08-04-2012 at 05:25 AM.

Aventador Wheels & Aventador Track Distance on a Donor Vehicle!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. A Guide to Wheel Specifications:

A Guide to Wheel Specifications, Sizing, Fitment, Offset and Bolt Patterns

2. Rims & Tires Specs Calculator

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

3. AVENTADOR AXEL & RELATIVE DISTANCES:

Apply this information carefully as you need to know the Hub-to-Hub Distance (Not the Track Distance) on the donor car.

(Example: 1993 MR2 has Hub-to-Hub Distance of 61.5" on both Front and Rear. 2012 Aventador is 77.5" wide above the Front Wheels. To accomodate from 61.5" to 77.5" we need to widen our donor 'TOTAL WIDTH AT FRONT TIRES' using the added width of '2RIMs+2Spacers+2Tyres' that should add an amount of inches that is as close as possible to 16". A total of 15" should actually be more than fine as the tyre tucks in 1/2" within the Fender).

An example of almost 15" addition is: 2 Spacers of 2" each + Tires that are 265mm wide + two rims that are 10" wide each with 0 offset.

Similar technique can produce the desired width for the rear wheels using 13" wide rims and 2" spacers.

SPACERS:

http://www.wheeladapter.com/wheel_spacers.php

An actual example that works for the MR2 setup is Custom Ordered Asanti Wheels
    Model AF118 (A three piece wheel that can be ordered in 18" -> 20" Size and with width of 8" -> 13" with Bolt Pattern of 5x114.3 and offsets from 0 to 50).

Name:  Wheels.JPG
Views: 5348
Size:  24.0 KB

[[[[[[ One can also use model AF173 as it looks very similar to the Aventador wheels ]]]]

Name:  wheel.jpg
Views: 3899
Size:  33.2 KB

http://www.carid.com/asanti-wheels/1...sh-539313.html

Name:  Aventador Axel Diagram.JPG
Views: 4462
Size:  33.8 KB
    Last edited by am33r; 09-15-2012 at 06:12 AM.

Aventador C4D ( NO LINKS PROVIDED) BUT HERE ARE SOME PICS
    -----------------

SO YOU WANNA MAKE A LIVE-SIZE STATUE OF AN AVENTADOR!
    A C4D CAN CAN GENERATE ACCURATE TEMPLATES OF WOOD (OR FOAM) BUCK FORMERS, OR YOU MAY USE A CNC MACHINE TO MILL THE BODY IN PARTS THEN CONNECT THE PARTS TOGETHER

Name:  C4D 2.jpg
Views: 6044
Size:  48.7 KB
    Name:  lamborghini-aventador-2012-3d-model3.jpg
Views: 4718
Size:  37.0 KB
    Name:  lamborghini-aventador-2012-3d-model2.jpg
Views: 6243
Size:  40.5 KB

Name:  KIT.JPG
Views: 6271
Size:  8.7 KB
    Last edited by am33r; 08-04-2012 at 05:31 AM.

Aventador Grille Mesh
    -------------------------

The 3D grills are unique and I will keep an eye on more OEM looking ones and update this section when I find better ones. Here's where I am at now...

Unlike on the Murcielago, most grills on the Aventador are surrounded by a housing trim, and might not connect to the actual body kit via a tab on the mesh itself. (This is the case at least for the two front, the two rear, and the two side grills).

Mesh used may then be Plastic and Black Uniform Honecomb that is Flexible and Large enough to serve as an aplication for any place on the car.

Plastic Black Uniform Flexible Large Honecomb-Shaped Mesh (A)

Universal

Plastic Black Uniform Flexible Large Honecomb-Shaped Mesh (B)

Car Exterior Black Honeycomb Grill Mesh Honeycomb Size 12 x 6mm - BestAutoBits.com Store

The new Chevy Cruze and Aveo have nice and useful mesh

Name:  chevy.jpg
Views: 3708
Size:  23.3 KB
    Last edited by am33r; 09-15-2012 at 06:13 AM.

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar
    Fiero spec

Pontiac's Fiero Mid Engine Sports Car: '84 - '88 Track Width (F / R) = 57.8" / 58.7" 88 changed to (F / R) = 59.7" / 60.4"
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Making MR2 MK2 Produce Horseower/Weight Ratio equal to Lotus Elise Specs
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am dedicating this post to those who want to use the MR2 MK2 as a donor vehicle for a Replica.

In a different post, I discuss the suitable Wheels, Tires, and Spacers practical for the Replica setup.

The MR2 is a wonderful donor vehicle that is light and quick, and many MR2's came with advanced features like standard AC, ABS, CC, PW, PD, PW, PS, Tilt Wheel, Turbo, and great mpg specs...

The assumption here is a realistic approach. You want practical improvements done to your MR2 to make it as efficient as a Lotus Elise when it comes to Horsepower-to-Weight Ratio, which is quite respectable for a 4-Cyl vehicle with 25 mpg. Also, we assume that stripping the MR2 and placing a full Lamborghini kit on it will not increase its weight much.

I own a Lotus Elise and I very much enjoy its power - of course I enjoy how the vehicle handles most, but the power to weight is very satisfying, and I hope others see virtue in this post. Remember, you can make your MR2 produce even 500hp, but that is not exactly what this post is about.

We will not use the MR2 N/A because it only produces 130 hp, and no practical improvements can bring it up to 250 hp without turbo or super charger swaps.

A stock 1991-1995 Toyota MR2 Turbo is 2778 lbs. and produces 200 hp. * That is 0.072 HP/Weight

A 2005-2010 Lotus Elise weighs 2015 lbs. and produces 190 hp. ** That is 0.095 HP/Weight

To bring the MR2 to the Elise Ratio we need it to produce 264 hp.

Below is the best scenario I found to make 275 hp out of the MR2 Turbo.

3S-GTE Power Primer

This information helped me make an educated decision, I hope this post helps someone else.
    Last edited by am33r; 08-04-2012 at 05:33 AM.

June 1, 2012.
    Burbank, CA

Correct Size Aventador Glass Replicated.

Name:  rise-aventador.jpg
Views: 3866
Size:  86.5 KB

Here in California, made for the new Batman Movie, an aventador with the license plate Gotham had the doors stripped and the two Door Windows (L & R) were reproduced. In the movie, it will be used as Bruce Wayne’s new ride. The car in the movie is actually Grigio Antares color, and Now the glass set can be reproduced again! The windows can move if one provides a proper channel.

Also, the shop can make the correct size windshield from tempered, partially tinted, edge-painted, and laminated glass to fit An Aventador kit. Generally, the above two glass parts are the ones hard to replicate.

I had a ten minute conversation with the owner and he was really friendly - despite being a busy man! Ironically, this shop Replicates Glass and other things for a Hollywood Studio! Funny to say, actually legitimate replicas. Lee will make a wihndshield or any glass:

"Bring me a Door, or the Windshield Trim, or any of the other glass parts needed, and I can make it."

Name:  AVENTADOR GLASS.JPG
Views: 4215
Size:  70.4 KB
    Last edited by am33r; 07-30-2012 at 08:46 PM.

That's like what Murcie me does, he works in the Hollywood prop industry and they replicate everything on the cheap

DESIGN UR OWN 1990-1999 MR2 INTERIOR FOR UR AVENTADOR KIT

This was my plan for my LP640 Interior on an MR2. However, I designed the simplest of MR2 Interiors for the lazy bunch who just want an exterior kit, and will be fine with the 90-99 MR2 Dashboard & Center Console look (with a few mods)! My personal MR2 interior is custom BEIGE & BLACK CB, But I made a custom RED/BLACK interior plan and I only added a cup holder beyond OEM. (You might want to choose RED/Black wheels too)!

Engine Start Button, Special Rear View Mirror, Door/Window Switches, Carbon Fiber Dash Trim, Sound/DVD/GPS/Camera/XM/Stereo Panel, Etc. can all also be added! This is my MR2 Today:

Name:  MR2 Interior.jpg
Views: 9867
Size:  44.8 KB

If my MR2 looks on the outside like an Aventador, and on the inside like this, that would be satisfactory to me! However, here's what I would change - or you may pick your own parts and change the interior of your MR2 to whatever theme you like it to be.

Name:  Interior Performance.JPG
Views: 4283
Size:  35.0 KB
    Last edited by am33r; 08-04-2012 at 05:36 AM.

LamboStuff.Com Added the Aventador to their Supplies Site
    --------------------------------------------------------------

The 2012 Aventador has been featured on the site for a few months now, and I recently noticed the items are getting populated on the database. Hopefully we will see parts we can use on the Kits sometime in the near future!

http://www.lambostuff.com/xq/asp/yea...PartManual.htm

Also, the site has all the Grills for the Murcielago and Gallardo models for a good price.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by am33r; 07-10-2012 at 01:30 PM.