Thread: JC Whitney - what a friggin' nightmare

JC Whitney - what a friggin' nightmare

I'm almost 2 weeks into trying to get a steering stabilizer from these dumfux and still don't have it. They have done NOTHING right since i placed the order.

EVERYBODY sells the Monroe stabilizer; i had one and it SUCKED (did nothing). So i hunted far and wide and JC Whitney was the only alternative i could find. i called and talked to customer service (judging from the heavy accent is in the 3rd world somewhere) and tried to verify from this webpage. It is a Universal model that I thought might fit.

Trail Master Suspension Trailmaster SSV Universal Steering Stabilizer - JCWhitney

He re-directed me to another page with one that looked exactly like a direct replacement.

Trail Master Suspension Trailmaster Steering Stabilizer - JCWhitney

Their catalog is full of part numbers - don't know HOW he got to that one. I said great, send it out.

He confirms the cost and adds 10% sales tax. When i ask why a chicago company charges california sales tax, he says becuase they have a warehouse in carson, CA (about 35 minutes from my apt.) i say OK, expecting i will get the part in a day or 2. A week later, the part comes and the invoice shows it was shipped from arizona. Open it and its the wrong part, one that has straight ends on both side, no mounts and can Not Possibly fit !

Call customer service in a 30 minute phone call of voice menus and put on hold. They have to verify and cross-reference all the numbers cause JC Whitney just re-labels other manufacturers parts. Finally says she will express the correct part and send me e-mail for the return of the wrong one. Since the day is thursday, the change won't process until tomorrow (friday) and it won't go out until at least the following monday. fine.

Friday i get one e-mail from customer service that is BLANK. No content. I get another that says they found the monroe part and do i want it ?!?!? I send back another e-mail telling them to just send out the correct part and return the incorrect one.

Mon, Tues, wed = nothing.

Call them again, voice menu, hold, 3rd world customer service rep answers and i ask to speak to a supervisor. Hold again. 3rd world Supervisor in broken english tells me their system is down; can't track the order but will call me back. I refuse to have them calling me and insist on giving her simple directions and confirming with e-mail.

After some relief from yelling at these dumb creatures, i provide an explanation like i would talk to a 3 year old. send-out-the-right-one; return-the-wrong-one. After repeating the numbers and my e-mail address a few times because she couldn't even copy it correctly, i think i got through. she agreed to send the correct part and arrange the return and confirm by e-mail. Can't tell how long since "their system is down". Unbelievable.

We'll see. Glad I can debate the charge ....
    Last edited by Corson008; 06-06-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Two more e-mails June 1, one on June 5, three on June 6 and finally one on June 7 giving me the RMA and Return Instructions. i used their pre-printed label and took the Package to the Post office as instructed.

Another e-mail June 7, another June 8 (we're sorry, etc.).

NOW get two e-mails on June 10 and one more today with instructions to return the part using FED EX !!!!