Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car Kit Inc

Car Kit Inc

i was wondering if car kit inc located in alabama is trust worthy , someone told me about them and they look afordable

I never purchased their products. Their terrible customer service spooked me. Other members here have testified that they're legit but poor quality.

I found this photo of one of their Murcy 4 shells that seams to back that up:

http://s17.postimage.org/c5yceqmdp/mercy_4vs_Real_Car2.jpg

If I were to go out and buy a kit, I'd buy it from Robs LP640. He has a good reputation with other kit car builders and he strikes me as very knowledgeable and in to kit car building.
    Last edited by ronin; 07-05-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Alright I appreciate it, how much do his usually cost and what do they come with?

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/co...robslp640.html wth is this about, thats what i found when i searched that guys name

Car Kit inc. is legit , their kits do need work as do others of equal value, do a search on this forum some were happy with what they bought some were not..... I will buy my body from Car Kit inc. just what ever you do go pick the kit up and visit their business in person no matter who you buy from, do not have anyone ship you the kit, spend money and pick up in person,,,,,,

I believe most of that post is just to ruin robs business???????,, but some of it makes me personally wonder, there is plenty of info about most all kit makers on this site,, look around ask questions then go visit....
    Last edited by Jbrown; 07-05-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Rob runs a legit business and his kits are more taken care of in comparison with CKI. You can ask him for a more ready kit or a painted kit or kit with other options or to stretch ur donor or other items. Of course you pay for what you need done etc. I don't know about the 82000 scam by him and I don't know who would paypal someone that much money! John Watson has a different kind of kit that is made differently and it seems really awesome. At any rate if you need a Murcielago kit make sure you go pick it up yourself.

If you just want an awesome looking and unique car why don't u buy a lotus Elise from eBay?
    Also, how important is it for you to have an OEM interior? This is an important factor!
    Last edited by am33r; 07-05-2012 at 11:10 PM.

I do want a legit looking car, interior as well

Carkitinc is the best route at this point, they always return my emails and phone calls. I've never done business with them personally but because of their friendly service id recommend them. Rob seems to sketchy, he needs to rebuild his rep or come forward to settle the score regarding that 82k scam, it makes no sense that now he's sporting a black on black SRT-10 these days after that post popped up about the scam

John Watson is great. I do think those kits are a bit pricey but they are very legit.

I don't recall Rob offering anything in the 81k range. Most of his stuff I've seen is in the 3k (shell only) to 20k (complete car) range.

I am new to this world myself but I am getting the impression that; like computer viruses, there's allot of slime posing as legitimate business people. Scamming someone out of 81k and passing the blame to a legitimate kit maker sounds pretty typical of the known scam artiest in this field.

Someone could be just trying to eliminate the competition but I wouldn't be quick to eliminate an impersonation scam as a possibility.

You can see Rob's facility in this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KW9bOlqQFU

Compare that with the scam photos:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2mezj3t.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/b51mie.jpg

Apart from a shop door in the background, they have nothing in common. And I seam to recall the scam artiest using photos by other legitimate makers here to push off his scam.

Note that the person in those photos himself probably has nothing to do with the scam and may not even be aware of it.

Some of our members have also complained that a well known ring of thieves known as Super Replicas are using footage of their projects and all kinds of other legitimate footage in their scams.

Before you make a single purchase, I suggest you get familiar with the scam artiest in this field. These guys are going to great lengths to disguise themselves in sheep's clothing. Know your enemy before he knows you.
    Last edited by ronin; 07-06-2012 at 12:56 AM. Reason: added info

The best way to prove or disprove the scam is for the accuser to post (or send to admins) more detailed transactions and ip addresses of those transactions. however, a guy with decent computer knowledge could hide his IP or mask it before deaing with someone, thus eliminating the possibility of cross referencing the IP with the accused.

or if there are more tangible proofs (bank accounts, cell number, etc) that can point to them being Rob, it's hard to prove anything t this point, especially the OP of that 81K scam is nowhere to be found.

Email address and IM ID don't really count because, like an IP address, they can easily be masked.
    Posted via HTC or Windows 10. Images hosted on www.PixelsBin.com.