Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreamers corner, consumer opinions on kit concepts.

my project

Here is what I am working on this winter finally. Based on a Nissan 240sx

Very interesting, cool design, I would just tweak the two door pinches into a blended surface area like the Essence.
    Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages. http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts

Quote Originally Posted by racerdan View Post

That is pretty cool.

Is that for the S13 or S14 Chassis?

I would like to do something similar, but go more retro/70's/80's style on an S13 chassis
    Reverend Bow

Bastard Motorsports Engineering

Its on an S13. Full tube chassis with single donor being an S13. Car uses all glass from original car, suspension and drivetrain. New Interior and Chassis. Keeps it simple and the parts available.

This would be a nice 240 conversion.

On another topic

My Enzo inspired design (for my toy) will have this profile possibly and could be built with an extreme stretched MR2 for a donor.

I don't know, the 240SX has a lot of real estate between the A Pillar and the front wheel well...

This is my 1991 S13:
    Name:  CroppedSide.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  51.0 KB

I remember back in the day, when I picked it up in '97, Kaminari use to produce a kit to give the front end a more "Ferrari" like look and the bumper was even fitted for real Ferrari Lights.. I believe it was styled similar to a 348 front end... but now I can't find anything on that kit....
    Reverend Bow

Bastard Motorsports Engineering

It could look close to it... new picture of this custom Ferrari is released in this link
    Eric Clapton

While I would love to build something like the Ferrari, I am working towards this being a kit actual people can finish. I mean think of it this way. Can you take a window regulator out of a door and replace it in a different door? So by keeping the doors the same size but with a different outer contour, your basically replacing the door with a composite replacement. All hardware will reattach. Same with suspension and drivetrain. With so many options from ,2Jz to LS1 swap kits available you can build pretty much anything. I know how many project cars never get finished let alone kit cars or one off cars. This is to be something that is actually able to be finished. We got a long way to go to get there. Remember I asked for help before and Arash you were one of the few who even showed interest in the project. All these guys want to talk about a kit or wishing we as a community could do this or that but it seems very few actually step up and try to manufacturer something. Then you have amazing talent like Fugazzi. So basically we are building an 818 concept for a 240sx

S13 is an awsome base to work with, cheap, light, aftermarket parts as far as the eye can see. I was messin with them when drifting first started and i made an s13 truck/ siltruck with an sr20 swap, super fun.

The upside to living in rainy Vancouver is doing little fishtails in road corners driving my mothers s14 car

Ive seen them do some amazing burnouts on YouTube... with enough horsepower the car can burn out sideways.
    While I would love to build something like the Ferrari, I am working towards this being a kit actual people can finish. I mean think of it this way. Can you take a window regulator out of a door and replace it in a different door? So by keeping the doors the same size but with a different outer contour, your basically replacing the door with a composite replacement. All hardware will reattach. Same with suspension and drivetrain. With so many options from ,2Jz to LS1 swap kits available you can build pretty much anything. I know how many project cars never get finished let alone kit cars or one off cars. This is to be something that is actually able to be finished. We got a long way to go to get there. Remember I asked for help before and Arash you were one of the few who even showed interest in the project. All these guys want to talk about a kit or wishing we as a community could do this or that but it seems very few actually step up and try to manufacturer something. Then you have amazing talent like Fugazzi. So basically we are building an 818 concept for a 240sx
    For my first kit Im looking for the most simple and cheap path like using quickly made plastic reinforced (fiberglass) panels and hopefully riveting the whole thing over the existing panels.

As long as one uses existing successful methods, it should be simple and affordable. A good plan and motivation are key.

Here's a picture of the F12 over the 240sx s14 I did before
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/at...etta-n0kud.jpg