Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is everyone a scammer? please help want to buy a kitcar

is everyone a scammer? please help want to buy a kitcar

hey guys im new to mad mechanics forum. I wanted to buy a kit car lamborghini murcielago or gallardo replica ready to go to the turn the key stage. But im just not sure where the best place to buy one is. the first time I looked into it I saw super replicas which turns out to be a scam. The one person I found who might be legit is robslp640 but even one guy I saw on another forum claimed he was a scammer too. I just am starting to think that everyone who builds kit cars is a scammer. should I buy on ebay? or if you can please give me some good and legit kit car builders. thanks mitch

Try 360-cor he's a member here, and from what has been discussed here, he makes the most accurate murcielago kit. I haven't purcahsed form him so I cannot give any review, but others here talk highly of him and the quality of his kits. I think apart from extreme, he's the only other one with close to exact kit.

As for robslp640, I've heard mixed reviews. He claims in his vids that his kits are the most exact, which are untrue as his kits are the same of as that of inland exotics from a while back, but the kits are pretty good considering the price. However, there are some complaints, especially an 81K scam complaint that he refuted to be bogus, which at the same time he acquired a dodge viper. Some take it with a grain of salt and think it might just be coincidence, while others do not. Again, I have not purchased from him so I cannot really say anything good or bad about him, except to relay to you what has been discussed here before. Some say his kits' finish are very good, and some say his door cards don't fit.

Whoever you choose, please keep us posted on your build. Just make sure to do your research before you start spending your hard earned cash. Oh, and good luck.

EDITED: Got the name wrong. should be 360-cor for the john watson kit
    Last edited by bangsters; 08-29-2012 at 12:42 PM.
    Posted via HTC or Windows 10. Images hosted on www.PixelsBin.com.

Rob just sells kits and partly completed cars. If you want a turnkey, go with ebay. Fly down and look at the car. Exchange cash when you pick up the car. If you seriously have the money, I have the white vendetta for sale. You just got to have the money.

Last edited by madmods; 08-28-2012 at 12:21 AM.
    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

buy the one above me.

How much is the Vendetta? Is there a detailed listing somewhere on this forum?

gagliardidesign.com
    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

Quote Originally Posted by tallon View Post
    Credit goes to John watson (360-cor) for that kit
    Watsons kit is most accurate, people buy it splash it and resell it
    don't spread info you're not sure of...
    my apologies. he's the one I meant. I thought he and cliff are one and the same. Edited my prior post accordingly. Thanks for pointing that out.

so wait... who then is cliffscustofab? I thought he's the one making the john watson kit? Please clarify thanks. and please edit your post above mine to show 360-cor on your quote on my post

here's the thread for cliff. http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/ma...640-670-a.html

apologies again for getting the names mixed up.
    Last edited by bangsters; 08-29-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Rob sells incomplete cars, that rarely result in finished cars since he leaves the hardest parts unfinished

Cliffscustomfab appears to be a promising new builder but I dint think he had finished a car as of yet

Lamboreplica is also a promising new builder

You are correct that most sellers in the kit world are scammers, who either take your money and never deliver, or scammers who do deliver but deliver a product whose completeness and quality is subpar

Quote Originally Posted by tallon View Post
    It seems this industry has the best and worst people.

bangsters it's cool, nah I just deleted it
    cliff bought his kit and made copies now he's attempting to turn some parts into LP670 SV parts, so I guess if he pulls it off it'll be a good thing.
    no worries bro. glad you saw it and pointed it out, or I would not have figured it.

New here as well - did a search for scammers on the forum but it seems pretty much every post lists them. Would be good to have a comprehensive (and ever growing, apparently) list of people we know to be dodgy and those who truly deliver. Some seem obvious, others not so much.

Like what's going on with MR2Bodykits/Kitcargrp? Looks like they used to be Dynamic Performance. Emailed him to see if he was still in the game but got no response. Business registrations is disbanded in the UK...too bad, car looked nice.

Cheers