Thread: 07 4200 GT Maserati coupe on a 93 SC400 Lexus coupe

07 4200 GT Maserati coupe on a 93 SC400 Lexus coupe

wonder if there's any Maserati kits(at least the newer models) out there?

Ive got poor photoshop/cad skills and was hoping somebody in here would do a rendering of a 2007 4200 GT Maserati coupe on a 93 SC400 Lexus coupe.
    Looks like this could work, rooflines seem similar. Wheelbases are not far apart.

the donor lexus is a good base with the 1UZ 4.0liter V8, and its a toyota!

Why not start with a real 2004 maserati spider , it will be 100% maserati with a custom front and rear body kit , and since it's a conv there's no cutting off the roof

You can find spiders with light front /rear body damage under $15000

Is it possible to get a Granturismo out of this donor? Fauxrrari is pointing out something pretty important, still a maserati.

Yes you can buy a 4200 extremely cheap, for what they are. It's the cost of running, servicing and parts that hits you.

I was considering buying a Gransport before I purchased my DNA kit, but the frequency of services is crazy and very expensive, compared to my Toyota based car.

You should seriously research the cost of owning a maserati, not just the purchase price.

Just my thoughts. Although they are very nice cars, don't think a maserati kit would be very marketable.

Beany

Quote Originally Posted by beanyfelix View Post
    Yes you can buy a 4200 extremely cheap, for what they are. It's the cost of running, servicing and parts that hits you.

I was considering buying a Gransport before I purchased my DNA kit, but the frequency of services is crazy and very expensive, compared to my Toyota based car.

You should seriously research the cost of owning a maserati, not just the purchase price.

Just my thoughts. Although they are very nice cars, don't think a maserati kit would be very marketable.

Beany
    I can tell you from experience that the cost of the Maserati is in the service on them, not even the purchase price. A GranTurismo wouldn't be too hard to replicate, but honestly one can be bought for low 70's now if you can afford to keep up with the cost of service on them.

I love the Granturismo, simply beautiful. I made a beefed up version on the 300zx in the following video... I can do the same over a Toyota later in the week, but dont have the 3D of the older version.
    Last edited by ArashB; 10-09-2012 at 01:04 AM.
    Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages. http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts

Ive been busy finishing my CNC machine... but here are those overlays I mentioned doing.

Im betting the Lexus LF-LC would go nice on this donor too.