Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pauls Exotics

Hybrid View

Pauls Exotics

I recently bought an f355 nose and a set of rocker extension/side scoops for my 88GT from Pauls Exeotics in West Palm Beach. Well, after a month, they finally showed up.
    To my horror, The nose was sticking out of the box and was broken on the corner. FedEx suggest I refuse delivery.The packaging was the worst I've ever seen. Not even any bubble wrap!! Barely a step above newspaper and scotch tape.
    The box for the rockers seemed OK.Upon opening, the truth was revealed. They were broken and VERRRRY rough.
    He charged me $100 for shipping and uses a fowarding company called Dolphin Freight out of Palm Beach.
    Those guys are hacks. Luckily, I used Visa and will be OK.
    I have not heard back from Paul yet.
    I will however, let you know.
    Has anyone dealt with him?
    Any suggestions on who makes a good F355 nose?

Please Advise.

Cheers,
    Jim in SoCal

Re:Pauls Exotics

My question is: Why did you use the thumb's up icon? :P

Denny Patton makes a good nose... but I believe he sold his molds to twin lake fieros (I think that's the name of the company, but I may be wrong)

Hi
    If paul's people packaged them how would it be the freight
    co. fault. unless they packaged the parts I know they are not susposted be banged around but stuff happens .
    Gene

Denny did sell his molds,i have a name and phone number,BOB STIEGER,217-379-9140,i'm pretty sure that's twin lakes,but either way they have denny's molds.
    MIKE

Paul has sent me further communicaie.
    He is adamant of the fault of Dolphin Freight being the culprit.I would have to agree as , he said , he takes them over naked for them to prep, pack and ship. I am being accused of "slander" and hope Paul and myself will truly "clear things up".
    This is a great and informative site. I hope we all will not fall victim to the less than honest of business-people out there.
    Cheers,
    Jim
    (Go M.Schumacher)

Just wanted to get a few things straight before bad PR puts the wrong ideas in people heads.
    1. The original parts were in good shape when they were delivered to the shipping company.
    2. I received the money and delivered them to the shipping company within 24 hours. They sat there for some reason for too long. When I saw that they had not left on a later delivery I was suprised. I was assured that they would be leaving the next day. I checked back and they had left.

3. I have written Jim that I will replace the parts with new ones that we were working on. They will be ready to ship in 2 days. I have confirmation from the shipper that all future parts will be very heavily bubble wrapped with corners reinforeced. They were trying to keep the price down by shipping smaller boxes, but that did not work. I will also go and see the packaging before they close the box to make sure that the wrapping and packing is overdone and that this does not happen again.

I am making good quality parts and when shipping disasters happen I lose so thats why I have used a pack and ship place to minimize risk and headaches for the customer and me.

ive bought a couple of pieces from paul in the last couple of years , he always done me right ,you could probably repair that ft. bumper easier than doing all the shipping back and forth ,long distance phone calls etc., fiberglass is relatively easy to repair

Quote Originally Posted by mike d.
    ive bought a couple of pieces from paul in the last couple of years , he always done me right ,you could probably repair that ft. bumper easier than doing all the shipping back and forth ,long distance phone calls etc., fiberglass is relatively easy to repair
    You obviously are missing the point. I bought new ones and shouldn't have worry about someone slapping bondo onto my new pieces.
    At this point, Paul seems to be doing me alright as well.
    The shipper also broke both rocker panels as well.

Finally got my pieces.
    Maybe I was expecting too much but, these things need lots of work to be paint ready.
    All in all, I'm very dis-satisfied. I've purchased body pieces before that only needed paint, so that is what I expected.
    It's gonna cost me double what I paid just to get them paint ready. Hopefully they'll fit. I'll keep posting.

If you had bought a 25th anniversary from IFG you'd have been upset with them also. I'll probably have 10 gallons of filler in mine when it's done. Pathetic isn't it?!!?