Thread: Interior by Udo.. now there is another way... (pic intensive)

Interior by Udo.. now there is another way... (pic intensive)

I recently collected a QV Countach interior made by Udo, from the man himself. A pleasant, honest and reliable guy. Meeting him is a bit like being attacked by an over enthusiastic St Bernard. On speed. And Red Bull..

That's meant as a compliment Udo! He's a friendly and humble man, with the skills to back up his statements. Not everyone may have had a great experience with him, I can't comment on that, and have no knowledge either way, but this is how it went for me.

The price was reasonable, and the quality, I think, is excellent.

None of the usual BS Countach interior 'stories'. It went like this:

K9- "Udo, can you supply me a replica Countach interior?"

Udo- "Yep, I think I have a whole one in stock, when do you need it?"

K9- "Next week OK?"

Udo- "Of course, I'll drive down to meet you."

It really was that simple, Udo had to remake one part he'd sold, and he also provided me with the metal inserts for the doors, and a replicated by him aluminium shift gate, that I will have powder coated black. I met him at Niagara, which is about two hours from me, but an hour and a half from him. No extra charge for delivery. He even makes the glove box lid latch mechanism to replicate the original car, and has the hand brake shroud molded in to the console.. Does the interior fit my car? Don't know yet, as I haven't got the two entities together, but I have no reason to doubt it, as he access to a genuine car for pattern making (his profession), but I accept that doesn't mean it will fit my Prova. Quality? You decide:

Yes, that's a working lock-out....

Not terribly flattering pictures, but in the raw, and they don't convey the accuracy..

To my mind, Udo is something of a too well kept secret. No BS, no delay, no excuses, just, as far as I can see so far, a good product, good ethics, and, (and here's the important one), honesty.

He will make individual pieces to order, he makes pretty much everything we need for the Countach, including bodies with already correct roofs, correct doors, window frames, grilles etc, etc. His handle on here is 'Goliath', hit him up and see if he can help. View his photobucket page (link on zdaxxy's Countach build thread). The red car has to be seen to be believed.

K9

That shift gate looks phenomenal. Hope it all fits up to your prova body nicely.

he also built my car

i have known Udo for about 20 years now.. all i can say about him is that he is truly an artist of perfection, highly skilled, professional and could qualify as a god in this business.
    Last edited by fidali355; 03-19-2015 at 10:55 PM.
    - fidali355

Quote Originally Posted by fidali355 View Post
    he also built my car

i have known Udo for about 20 years now.. all i can say about him is that he is truly an artist of perfection, highly skilled, professional and could qualify as a god in this business.
    I agree that he appears, thus far, to be without the usual 'kit car business' bull sh** that we all hear about. I think the quality of his work is excellent.

I tried to change the title of this thread to 'Countach interior...etc' Rather than just 'interior by Udo' so as to catch the eye of the Countach builders. No luck, and no reply from the mods yet. Any suggestions?

And yes, he's not just Countach, 355 and Hummer too.....

there's more pictures under the "showroom" section of this beautiful beast.

Name:  64424_165270660155051_5475270_n.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  103.5 KB
    - fidali355

Quote Originally Posted by fidali355 View Post
    there's more pictures under the "showroom" section of this beautiful beast.

Name:  64424_165270660155051_5475270_n.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  103.5 KB
    I LOVE that car, for the longest time it was in my 'reference' folder of pictures as I thought it was a genuine car. My only dislike? I'm not sure about the 88.5 side skirts, they make even the genuine cars look like replicas to me, but that's just an opinion.

I've tried to get the title of this thread changed, unsuccessfully, so I'm going to copy everything on this thread over to a new one with a new title, please comment there, not here, and hope the mods close this thread..

K9

New thread on this subject:

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/co...tml#post209830

Moderators, please close/lock this thread.

Thank you, K9