Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AVOID! vaydor bodykits / matt

Quote Originally Posted by cutlass442 View Post
    Ok so let's help try to resolve this so you get your car and nobody has to go to court
    You state $28k is the price for the body , for Melvin to install , and for matts interior
    That leaves $4000 still owing

Matt do you disagree your body kit is $11000, kelvins install is $10,000, and your interior is $7000?

If so , you should accept $4000 more and turn over the car -

yes metro might have offered you a $10,000 bonus to complete it faster , but you aren't really entitled to a full $10,000 bonus because it didn't get done as fast as promised . Even if you did enlist someone else to help. Asking to claim the full bonus , isn't good business practice when you acknowledge huge delays and problems with your full builds

So instead of wasting thousands on lawyers (and of all people I should support this since I'm a lawyer !) why don't you guys just compromise at $4000?

I agree with Cutlass442. I would add that Matt should prove that the body is installed and the interior is completed by posting pictures of the build and a few shots of the interior. Include a small hand written note with date and customers name on the note in each picture.

I offered a compromise to cover melvin and he refused

"There was no paperwork or contracts in the transaction only emails" on a $28,000 deal? Really? Although I think Cutlass would agree with me that those emails may show intent and action which would constitute a contract, whoever comes out the loser in this, I have no sympathy.

This appears that it would be the easiest thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by cutlass442 View Post
    Ok so let's help try to resolve this so you get your car and nobody has to go to court
    You state $28k is the price for the body , for Melvin to install , and for matts interior
    That leaves $4000 still owing

Matt do you disagree your body kit is $11000, kelvins install is $10,000, and your interior is $7000?

If so , you should accept $4000 more and turn over the car -

yes metro might have offered you a $10,000 bonus to complete it faster , but you aren't really entitled to a full $10,000 bonus because it didn't get done as fast as promised . Even if you did enlist someone else to help. Asking to claim the full bonus , isn't good business practice when you acknowledge huge delays and problems with your full builds

So instead of wasting thousands on lawyers (and of all people I should support this since I'm a lawyer !) why don't you guys just compromise at $4000?

Quote Originally Posted by slipondajimmy View Post
    This appears that it would be the easiest thing to do
    I agree but he wouldn't accept it and said I had to pay 8k to get my car back as I'm in the uk with limited chance of getting time off to get over there due to my job I had to pay to try to avoid further delays bearing in mind he's been on my build a year and it's still a long way from driveable

Vaydor complete 42 pcs body kit - $9000 (can be shrink wrapped/pallet 650lbs for shipping for $250):

1 Main rear body shell
    1 front clip (fenders and bumper)
    2 Door outers, 2 door inners, 2 inside door braces
    1 hood skin, 1 hood inner
    1 roof wing cover, 1 roof wing inner
    1 rear hood skin, 1 rear hood inner
    1 gas filler bucket
    2 side roof rails
    2 lower rocker splitters
    2 after-door vents
    2 fender vents
    1 cowl/ lower windshield cover
    3 rear exit vents (tail light area)
    1 rear floating wing
    1 front lower splitter
    2 rear fenderwells
    1 front core support
    2 DOT headlights
    1 center tail light
    1 set of "lambo" door hinges
    2 hood hinges and 2 hood latches
    1 sebring windshield.

8-point roll cage (super structure ) - $2000

Everything above installed, functioning and operational ready to take to paint on your 2003-2007 Infinity G35 donor - $18,000

Full turn-key top to bottom, side to side, front to back interior in custom leather/suede in your color choice - $7000

His Ebay listing says the quarter and rear glass is included with the complete body kit and rollcage for $11,000

this is a email containing his pricing
    Last edited by metro; 02-01-2017 at 04:31 AM.

Paid a extra 8k to get my car back and still yet to recive a receipt

This is typical in the kitcar world. Making ironclad contracts are the only way to go. I waited an agonizing 11 months for someone to paint my car. It's a screwed up industry. Many builders are quick to take your money with good intentions then end up taking more work then they can handle while spending your money.
    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

Madmods, I agree with what you are saying but don't blame it entirely on the builder or the industry. Any industry where someone hands over $28,000 and does not ask for a receipt is going to be screwed up.

Receipt were asked for but never given if you know what Matt is like you would understand this behind his computer screen he gains 3 foot and 50kgs but face to face is a different story it seems he tried to fuck me over as I was from a different country and couldn't really keep track of what was going on

And as far as contracts go emails are as good as verbal contracts, and the terms where 10k extra if it was finished by the 5th of October it was finished end of Jan

i have recently spoke witg with someone else he has ripped off from new york