Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill from B & B

Bill from B & B

I know there is already a thread talking about the work of B & B, I have been talking with him and I think there has been some things printed about him that shouldn't have.
    1. The was talk about him going out of business, I was told he is expanding.
    2.Yes he is bad at writing back to e-mails, but that will be fixed soon I am told, he has been have someone take care of that and they have dropped the ball on it. Again I was told it would be fixed soon.
    3. I would like to have just one person that has been ripped off by him come forward?
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Re:Bill from B & B

Not really looking to buy but just want to know about this guy more, have heard somethings, IM me if you don't want to post.
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

I've never bought from him personally so I cannot speak as to that portion of his character.

However, What concerns me most is that he bought a kit from John Watson and begged,borrowed and pleaded for John to help him build it perfect. Then, he copied it and began selling it as his own. Chopper gun kits but the molds are still from John's car... which is shady in the very best of light.

Then, he posted pictures (still on his site) of a car bing built as HIS car in HIS shop when in fact, it was John's Car in JOHN'S SHOP. Strike Two.

Later, me makes an announcement that he now has separate rocker panels available for his kis and backs that up with pictures. Pictures of Dave Newmans' (Funnywheels) MIRAGE kit (not even John's or the duplicated John's kit). He actually took the picture right of Dave's site, cropped it, reversed it in photoshop in a poor attempt at hiding it. Strike Three.

So, based on the these instances that I personally have observed... I can't reasonably trust what I see or hear.

I have to ask why would he pull all this in the first place? Why hasn't he tried to "fix it" despite the fact this has been pointed out numerous times buy many, many folks.

I'm guessing that he's still getting enough bites from the people that DON'T know.

Again, this doesn't speak to his performance or ability to deliver.

It just raises questions in my mind.

my .02 cents worth.

DKOV -

Don't ask us, call John Watson at 706-328-3311, ask him about Bill Ioneties and the $1,800 he still owes John for the last kit they got from him. Bill has expanded into a collision shop repairing wrecked cars. As far as 355 kits go, again, I would get in touch with John Watson or find someone who is willing to discuss these matters with you.

Bondo Bob used to work for B & B Spiders, ask him about Billís business tactics. Maybe the vision will become clearer. I am sure he does great repairs on other cars etc.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Ok Ok, enough said. I was just wanting to get a finally word about him!

Sounds like he went to the same school as Corey Davis AKA David Woodham or Charlesmanson5150 ;D

Quote Originally Posted by DKOV
    "I've never bought from him personally so I cannot speak as to that portion of his character.

However, What concerns me most is that he bought a kit from John Watson and begged,borrowed and pleaded for John to help him build it perfect. Then, he copied it and began selling it as his own. Chopper gun kits but the molds are still from John's car... which is shady in the very best of light."

I did not "buy" a kit from John, my ex-partner and I funded his project along with a third party whom we did not find out about until much later (apparently John was double dipping). I have written contracts between us dating back a couple of years before the kit was complete, and the third party actually paid more than I did and I've had to complete his car because John didn't, he didn't even get all of his parts from John. The rims and tires on Johns car that he advertises belong to the other financer. I do produce them myself now because it was impossible to get any parts from him after the original kit and he expected me to pay full price for them while advertising and selling them cheaper to other people (who was being shady?) I am not sure what he taught me about building kits as I had a 355 built several years before Johns was finished, I showed it in Carlisle (with our convertible) and won first place in Daytona with it. The only thing I ever "begged,borrowed and pleaded" with John about was to get a complete kit after 3 years of paying his bills and the project not being completed.
    "Then, he posted pictures (still on his site) of a car bing built as HIS car in HIS shop when in fact, it was John's Car in JOHN'S SHOP. Strike Two."

I did use some of the pictures I took of the project I funded on the site, our original deal was for him to produce them and us to sell them. Most of the pictures are in my shop or pictures of the third parties car (who by the way no longer deals with John either because of his bad dealings with John).

"Later, me makes an announcement that he now has separate rocker panels available for his kis and backs that up with pictures. Pictures of Dave Newmans' (Funnywheels) MIRAGE kit (not even John's or the duplicated John's kit). He actually took the picture right of Dave's site, cropped it, reversed it in photoshop in a poor attempt at hiding it. Strike Three."

Not only did I seperate the rockers on my kit I changed the windshield to use the real355 one, not a cut one, along with many other mods to simplify the installation as much as possible. As for Dave Newman, not only did I help him tremendously with the building of his first car, he borrowed my tools, I gave him one of my dashes because I considered him a friend, introduced him to several contacts I had in the business, etc. My repayment for helping him, he went to my employee, behind my back, offering to pay him to build a car on the side (this is one of the many reasons I got rid of "Bondo Bob"), the problem with that is it was a kit I arranged to sell him and after I introduced him to John they dealt behind my back. John sold him a kit direct. Hey Dkov if John did that to you would you continue to do business with him?
    The red car is in Hollywood, if anyone would like to call the owner and check it out he loves to show it. It will also be in the Knottsberry show next month. I have been posting pics of it in Pennocks, it is listed on kitcar.com now and I have probably 50 pictures of it during the build and completed if anyone would like to see them.

"So, based on the these instances that I personally have observed... I can't reasonably trust what I see or hear."

Dkov, I am wondering how you have "personally observed" any of this as I do not believe we"ve ever met, have we?

"I have to ask why would he pull all this in the first place? Why hasn't he tried to "fix it" despite the fact this has been pointed out numerous times buy many, many folks."

I have just recently started getting on the forums, what I have seen here in the past are comments by Newman or Bondo Bob, which I did not want to waste my time on, I did not think either of them was worth it. The only reason I am commenting now is I am receiving emails and calls from my customers and friends asking why I don't defend myself. I also have no desire to waste my time on petty people bad mouthing me, obviously my quality of work and business practices speak for themselves or I would not have 8 kits in my shop being built right now along with the custom Fiero work I'm doing.

I'm guessing that he's still getting enough bites from the people that DON'T know.

Again, this doesn't speak to his performance or ability to deliver.

It just raises questions in my mind.

my .02 cents worth.

DKOV -
    If anyone has questions for me or about the quality of the work I do they are more than welcome to meet me in Daytona, at Knottsberry or in Carlisle, (we will be attending them all this year with cars), email me. I have nothing to hide and have a long list of satisfied customers.

Hey, thanks for the heads up

How would we ever hear both sides of the story if you never spoke up. Now we have your say and folks can judge for themselves. As I said, I've no personal knowledge only what I've heard and seen here on the forum and heard personally from folks that were "in the know".

It's interesting to hear just how deep the rabbit hole goes...

Lots MORE questions we have now, hmmm?

By the way, thanks for jumping in. It's nice to hear from you.

DKOV -

I'm not one for getting in to pissing matches, and I have not been in this forum for a long time. As you know Dkov I've just started getting into the Pennocks forum as well, I spend most of my time at the shop.
    Actually, I was reading thru this forum and noticed there was going to be a BBQ in May, maybe I should get ahold of the third person that was involved in the backing of Johns project and put the whole thing to rest that weekend, face to face, like men. We could even talk with Dave Newman and Bondo Bob, who knows what could come out! ;D
    I can't imagine a better excuse to take some time off work.
    rotflmao

ferrari bill,john is probably the best fiberglass man,kit car builder,in the country, arguabaly,out of everybody that has dealt with him ,its seems odd that you are the only one who has negative comments about him.