Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ***RACEFAB INC***

I know this is an old thread, but still thought I would post. I have on 2 different cars worked with Racefab and Marty and have always had nothing but professional high quality work and service. Their cars and design are top level pieces and perform in both performance and safety. I have tested their chassis and roll cages in roll overs, they work. Their work has saved me. I would say there is much more to this story than what is posted because they are very honest to deal with. Just my two cents
    Last edited by steve12; 08-21-2015 at 10:37 AM.

I still have all of the documentation and communications with them in addition to the components that I paid for in FULL and have yet to recieve, including the Jigs and fixtures. Not to mention the conversations about having them build the chassis' for me and the costs per unit AND their refusal to send me the things that I paid for. Not to mention the extra fees that they charged me for because of "storage"

My car was supposed to be done in 30 days it took them almost a year from the time that I took my body to them because they (Joel) kept asking for more time to build. And all of that is documented also

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianBurton View Post
    I still have all of the documentation and communications with them in addition to the components that I paid for in FULL and have yet to recieve, including the Jigs and fixtures. Not to mention the conversations about having them build the chassis' for me and the costs per unit AND their refusal to send me the things that I paid for. Not to mention the extra fees that they charged me for because of "storage"

My car was supposed to be done in 30 days it took them almost a year from the time that I took my body to them because they (Joel) kept asking for more time to build. And all of that is documented also
    Took longer than 30 days, almost a year is a complaint yet also charged you for storage fees is a complaint. Why would they charge you storage fees unless they were waiting on you to pick it up? Definitely more to the story. When they were building my chassis, embarassingly enough I ran out of funds, these people were kind enough to let me pay small amounts to catch up so I could finish my project, never charged me storage fees. And always friendly. And the cost of purchasing their chassis I never imagined would include their fixtures much less their giant surface plate they built my car on. I call bs. Top quality top level parts, and excellent people to deal with. I wouldnt consider another company.

Quote Originally Posted by steve12 View Post
    Took longer than 30 days, almost a year is a complaint yet also charged you for storage fees is a complaint. Why would they charge you storage fees unless they were waiting on you to pick it up? Definitely more to the story. When they were building my chassis, embarassingly enough I ran out of funds, these people were kind enough to let me pay small amounts to catch up so I could finish my project, never charged me storage fees. And always friendly. And the cost of purchasing their chassis I never imagined would include their fixtures much less their giant surface plate they built my car on. I call bs. Top quality top level parts, and excellent people to deal with. I wouldnt consider another company.
    Steve, are you racefab? AdrianBurton is a well respected member of our community who had a bad dealing with racefab. Maybe it's time to make his dealings right and delete this post. It's been a long time, owners change, employees change, dealings change, etc. Make it a win win situation.
    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

Steve12

Re-read the entirety befor you chirp up BS, no where did I ever say that I had expected jigs, drawings and fixtures for the price of the chassis. I said that I had PAID for them as agreed with Joel. When the contract was drafted it was originally for 30 days, during construction Joel and Marty asked for addidional time to complete building my chassis, to which I had agreed. I also payed them for the ites as they finished them, after making my initial deposit to begin construction, which was not required. My car was complerely paid for PRIOR to me making the trip from Washington DC to pick it up in Rusk TX, which as you know is in the moddle on NOWHERE so I flew into Dallas and drove there after renting a vehicle to get my car.

When I got there, they required that I give them MORE money or I would not get my car, this is at 5pm on a saturday, how can that be accomplished? More importantly WHY? I got the call from them at the beginning of Dec that it was finished, I asked that they keep it till the week before christmas as I would already be in TX and would come then, they refused requiring that I buy a ticket at the last min $$$$ And of course I have ALL of that documented, along with the complaints of several others that have contacted me about the substandard treatment recievd at the hands of racefab.

So while you claim BS... lemme see your proof!!!!

Seriously man? Tooling is hundreds of thousands of dollars. If you bought that i sincerely doubt you'd just be whining on the net. And there are so many contradictions just in the BS youve posted. I have had nothing but excellent service.

Tooling to build a chassis are NOWHERE near hundreds of thousands of dollars, they may have sold you on that crap but I do know what the tooling and jigs cost, while you claim to have gotten what you paid for I surely did not. Besides if I had something to hide would I have used my real name????

And as you found my post so also did racefab, not once have they come to defend their treatment of me and our transaction. And I gave them ample opportunity to do so. If I were blowing smoke, how could I have known that the money that I gave them went to send their son to school?????

And by the way

Ask them about
    Pete
    John
    and
    Chris

That is just to name a few, hell they built a spec class chassis for a guy and the chassis as built made the car illegal for the class

They built my car on an at least 8 foot wide by 20 foot long surface plate with tooling that bolted to it. Big enough to stick an entire car on. I seriously doubt anyone could confuse the price of having a chassis built with the price of buying that. I assume hundreds of thousands of dollars. But hey youre the expert. They built my chassis and I couldnt be happier, great people and service and if you truly had a problem then they would fix it and make it right. You are probably like a good deal of people who want the best for free. I have no doubt in my mind about Racefab or the people there Marty or Joel and will gladly do business with them again if I need another car. and will always recommend them. They are some of the nicest people in motorsports. And some butt sore whiner who had to actually pay to have a car built couldnt convince me otherwise.

Listen, I am an engineer. I deal with prototypes and rapid prototype development, and have for over 20 years so I could tell you of jigs and fixtures that will make your eyes water, but to be clear the money that I gave them exceeded the simple price of a chassis.

Hell yeah I am sore, I gave them the money that we contracted for, ahead of the schedule that they had set, adjusted my time line to meet THEIR ever changing schedule. I can tell you in detail what the typical design process is for eveything from aircraft to satellites, so lets NOT get it confused.

While you may have had, what in your eyes is a good experience, mine was less than exemplary, and I will bet whatever you want that I have delt with more vendors/ manufacturers than you know exist in the last year than you have in a lifetime, and have teh resume to prove it.

PS
    Did you ask them about the people that I listed????

I didnt think so