Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corey Davis 355 Kit Scam

Corey Davis 355 Kit Scam

Hi I was one of the unlucky people who got lied to by corey aka david. I see he is up to it again,selling a very complete dead correct body lined PIECE OF FIBERGLASS GARBAGE. I found the ad on kitcars.com. He is using a new email address, stanwstewart@msn.com with a phone no of 404 282 0233. Hope this saves a few people from being scammed like many have.

Re:Corey Davis 355 Kit Scam

I would like to hear how you where scammed, not saying anything, just would like to hear more about this after reading what was wrote!
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Hi Bobby, It all started with the phone call of lies. He said the body was the best ,cleanest and straightest you can find. He bought 2 of them at a show and was selling this one. To make a long story short, when I picked it up in Georgia after driving from PA, I was rushed around in the rain with the kit. My fault for not getting soaked to stare at it in the rain. Well when I got it home and layed it out all dry, I realized it was fresh fiberglass and as the days past the doors sunk in the centers. All the lines were bad and nothing like he said. My mistake for not spending more time in the driveway at the supposed storage shed/fiberglass shop in the rain. Well little to say I just do not want any one else to make such a trip to be lied to and not get what they traveled for. So mine is for sale soon and I will be buying an AD kit. Steve

I also bought one of cory davis aka charles manson kits.cory also told me this was one of two kits that he bought at a swap meet and that was one of the straightest kits that he had ever seen. when i received the kit it did not look to bad until I started to mount it to my car. that is when along with help from this site that i had relized i had been scammed. the doors both sunk in plus they were not the same thickness.the front nose also sunk in and the fenders have two different size wheel opens. but the bigest problem that i have with this kit is that the fiberglass is full of air pockets. corey likes the newbies.

more correctly... He likes taking advantage of people shopping PRICE rather than quality.

DKOV -

more correctly! he takes advantage of people who are not aware of yet ,that this hobby is full of liars and crooks. as for price over quality.there is not a person out there that is not looking for a deal.

Do yourself a favor like most of us on this site have done. Stick with John Watson. He is the real deal. DKOV has two of John's kits, Duane Cox and I have one, Mike Dixon is also part of the gang, Glenn Goodman is in the loop. We all have good projects under way and hope to get all of them to the second international BBQ at John Watsons shop in May 2004.

706-328-3311

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Hey Dave, I would like to thank you and Duane for your web sites that led me to this forum and John Watson. When I picked my kit up in september I did not know how to find john and if he still existed. Trust me when it comes to quality it is always worth the money. I am currently building a D&R 25th Countach and the glass work is the best. So words to all is you get what you pay for. Steve

fyi cory davis is on ebay selling a diablo under the name 99xhop. buyer beware

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedOfSound
    Hey Dave, I would like to thank you and Duane for your web sites that led me to this forum and John Watson. When I picked my kit up in september I did not know how to find john and if he still existed. Trust me when it comes to quality it is always worth the money. I am currently building a D&R 25th Countach and the glass work is the best. So words to all is you get what you pay for. Steve
    Steve:

Your welcome, I am glad we can help the group.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.