Thread: "PRECISION REPLICAS AUSTRALIA" Powerhouse's Latest Rant

"PRECISION REPLICAS AUSTRALIA" Powerhouse's Latest Rant

I just wanted to share my latest rant on predatory behavior and another confirmed liar in the Kit Car industry.
    Please enjoy.

http://www.kitcentral.com/pn/html/mo...d9dd819a57803d
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Re: "PRECISION REPLICAS AUSTRALIA" Powerhouse's Lates Rant

Very good job! 007~

Nice job Powerhouse!!! Photoshop can really be a scary thing these days > If you don't know what to look for it looks completely legit.
    I don't know if they are just going to do a better job next time covering up the truth, or have really learned their lesson. These con's
    need to leave the business!!! Once again.. way to look out Powerhouse!

David

EEExotic
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

that phone number indicates that this guy is not far from me and i have some friends at Lamborghini australia so i might see what i can fish out

trevor
    http://www.taraglass.com

whow!!!!! very good with the pics there i knew the image was photoshoped with the top left but you were quick on the symbol! good job! you have saved alot of people getting scammed...
    Brad

Re: "PRECISION REPLICAS AUSTRALIA" Powerhouse's Latest Rant

i met scott garner and everything about him appears to be above board, as i understand it no one has been actually scammed by him (as in lost money)and he certainly has the product.
    seems he made a bit of a blunder with the pics

trevor
    http://www.taraglass.com

The problem is he has sent out pictures modified in photoshop (not all that great) claiming to be his car finished.
    He may very well have a kit (steves Triangle G) but it is no where near accurate nor the same as an authentic Murci.

Similar tactics used by Aconcepts a while back sending out Real McLaren photos claiming to be a finished car he did.

Pretty deceptive and a bad statement of his business character if you ask me. Can you imagine sending him money assuming you are going to havea spot on replica and instead you get the Triangle G kit?

Not to mention he later claimed to senfd out bougus phots claiming he was trying to help out the industry. Way to go !!

Lie & mislead your customers always makes things much more pleaseant in this industry.

The Original Photo Scott Garner (PRA) Sent

The sudden change in pixelation shows his attempt at hiding the real badge

Is it necessary to explain the attempt of terrible disguise here?

The original Photo Scott Garner (PRA) Sent

Note the modified areas

Steering Wheel Horn

Center Console area

Passenger side dash area… notice the seam from the bottom right hand corner suddenly blends in and disappears?

Repetetive pixelation from outside the drivers window. Most likely to hide the show room

Images from the Lamborghini Melbourne Showroom. See the same white car in the front of the store outside?

Here is the original Email transcript between Mr. Smith and Mr. Garner

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, 5 July 2004 6:30 AM
    To: scott.garner@optusnet.com.au
    Subject: Murci Replica
    I recently cam across your website regarding The Murci Replica. May I ask how much the kit is, what it consist of and pictures to see how accurate it is. I seen one in the United States by a company but it wasn't accurate at all, seemed to box like for a murci.

I would really like to consider your project providing it is what I am looking for. I have seen the pictures on your site, It appears they are of the real car. May i see your kit?

All the best mate
    Mitch R. Smith

Scott G <scott.garner@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
    hi Mitch i will have a cost for you as soon as the freight company gets back to me in regards to the cost to the uk, where in the uk are you, i can give you a door to door price then, the price will be in pounds to, it may be a day or so until l get back to you, thanks again regards scott. my new land line is +613 9735 2226 if you need to talk

Sent: Tuesday, 6 July 2004 11:34 AM
    To: Scott G
    Subject: RE: Murci Replica
    Well before moving forward with shipping can you provide me some photos, as the ones on your site are af real cars not replicas. I would rather not waste your time on quotes if the product doesn't look to be what I am looking for.

I am talking to a few other companies as well and each have shown me photos. Mr. McKim at the Powerhouse recommended I contact you as everyone else seems to have copies of the triangle kit. He has told me the only other chance of a kit that may/or may not be the triangle Kit is yours. But even he says he hasn't seen the product. I am willing to consider but I would like to see some photos of the product.

Cheers mate
    Mitch R. Smith

well hi again Mr smith ,here are our photos of our car,the quality of our pictures are alittle poor and this is why i have not used them on our web or advertising, iv sent through three photo;s , if you have a close look there are a few differnces that you can see, the wheels , buttons etc on dash no indercators etc, if you would like give me a call or l can call you and discuss the differnces if you want, im presently building a roadster and ill take some photos of them today in our work shop for you, they will come a little later today when l get back to home. three pictures are ,interior, side, back, Our car does have alot of refinements since theses phots were taken , we now have replica wheels in 19 in though, interiour is aliilte more accurate, just little things, my land line is +613 9735 2226 .its 1.12pm my time[/b]

Now the attempt to cover his tracks. Keep in mind earlier he said this was his car in the photos
    Sent: Tuesday, 6 July 2004 2:14 PM
    Scott thank you for the photos.

Unfortunately they really have not got me convinced, no engine shots plus the side view looks to be significantly modified, as well as the interior pic. I'll get a second opinion and see what others think. Mr. McKim has a contact somewhere in Australia, I will see if they/he is near you for a closer inspection.

Regards
    Mitch R. Smith

no worries Mitch, dan has not seen the pictures yet so he will be keen to see them as well, as l said there are still more photos to be sent but it looks like im just wasting your time as well, you can see them on the forum if you want to in a few weeks once l get time to pdf them and then send them,thanks anyway for your time.

Sent: Wednesday, 7 July 2004 11:56 AM
    I cant believe the stunt you tried to pull. I am greatfull I was talking to Mr. McKim and he sniffed out your scam! Visit kit central, where you post and boast. He has fully exposed you for the piece of trash you are.

thanks mitch, do you realy think i would send photos of my car to you knowing full well it would be posted all over the forum, like i said our real photos are not pdf filed yet and the ones l supplied are computer generated pictures of a real car, for buisness card applications, l sent them to see hom much you realy new about lamborghinis, and for dan, he has a personal vendetar against my company for some reason so sorry you have to miss out , as for our kits ,They were going to be released to overseas customers in september but lm staying with my first option to build turn keys in australia only so if you want one come down and see it and then make your own decision and accusations, personaly l dont care if my car never gets put out as kit or not, l was only doing it to help the industry and give people another choice, so as you said about the picture ,the "car has been modified" mind you thats a real car so l gather you have no idea on lamborghinis .please dont respond its a waste of my time.