Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Powerhouse response to DKOV

Powerhouse response to DKOV

I am also suprised to see Dan the Man jumping in here and spouting off like we've ever done any business together.

We haven’t I think it is fair to say our paths crossed over a lot in our early beginnings. We have had numerous phone and email conversations that we could take up the entire forum and argue about. But why bother… my issue is with your need to Control people and throw stones wherever they may land when your being called out by a customer with a legitimate complaint.

I guess I could be like him and only add money to other people's work, that way I won't be liable for anything, ever, getting done or NOT getting done.
    I believe you have done this in the past with held suspension components and gauges etc.. I believe it was Dave Newman who publicly post actual prices* that were somewhat off from yours.

Since you like to throw John Watson’s name out there from time to time. Ask him how many people have contacted him because of me or my website. Ask him about his Nephew (I believe it was) posting my images given to me by John with my watermark on Ebay. And why it happened. You want to talk favors. I NEVER have taken 1 cent from John or any other supplier for that matter promoting their products* Try this exercise with Exotic Glass as well. See if he has ever benefited from my referrals. See if he has ever had to pay for it?

What have I NOT done???* I have never taken anyone’s money, made promises and failed to deliver* for anything or anyone!

It's nice and easy when it's someone else’s work you get to critque.
    Yes it absolutely is. Some like it when I do and Some don’t. As for your work, I did say you do awesome work so no beef with you here

What have you ever done Dan?* Show me a car you built.* Show me a part you've designed and sold.* In fact, show me anything but some pretty pictures.
    I have ALWAYS said I don’t manufacture nor build cars.. so it isn’t a surprise. I have however helped numerous people out of a potential financial loss when dealing with certain companies. I have done tons of research in this industry as I have always said I will speak out when it comes to shady practices and when someone contacts me for help.

Do I believe I have helped people??. Do I think I contribute to this industry? Yes I truly do.

Guess what … For no money !!

I can show you that my site in the last 2 months alone receives over5,000 visitors per month for all corners of this world. My site has been non-opperational due to new developments and still people are looking for me and my help. During the fully operation period the rest of the time My traffic levels are SIGNIFICANTLY higher. What does that mean? People like the site like to look at great products that I have promoted for NOTHING. When the site initiall was put on stand still ..emails flooded and a few forum post of people asking when it will be back up. tells me I help alot with my pretty pictures.

I exposed a few shady businesses on the prowl for people’s hard earned money. I have freely talked with NUMEROUS clients about the kits they wanted to buy and never forced them to buy from me and freely handed out the contact information to acquire* their kit or parts that I may have listed on my site (hence the pretty pictures). AT NO CHARGE.

Who pays the bills to run my website. I DO 100% out of my own pocket with constant upgrades to my bandwidth* limits due to excessive traffic. How’s that for a favor? Do any companies pay me for the exposure on my site? Not a cent… Do they benefit? I certainly think so

As I said, I did not set out to be a Vendor.* I did most of this stuff for people WAY before I was playing around with the idea of DMS.* I only set it up as a way of tracking and handling this hobby of mine.* Primarily because folks wanted recepits from a "business" for many of their purchases.* The CafeExpress thing was a total joke and I think you know that.* If people are using me up, taking as much information from and advantage of me as possible, why shouldn't I try and make a dime at it?
    Absolutely nothing wrong with that at all. I think it is a great idea. Providing You are actually going to provide the service and/or product that a PAYING customer has been waiting for over a year. THIS IS WHAT THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT!!! It is what you have done. Not me …. I have done nothing to hurt anyone financially or mislead.

Regarding CafeExpress I clearly stated how CafeExpress* works, thus proving that you didn’t spend anyones money on mugs tshirts and panties. To be truthful with you, I thought the idea was brilliant! A great idea !! heck if someone is willing to buy anything to promote the business.. why not? Especially with no overhead. So much I even built a store myself! No beef with you here.

I know, I should have just sat back and let other folks do the work and marked it up for doing NOTHING as you do, but I'd rather take the* responsbility.* It must be nice for you.
    Yes you should have and I beat you to it. This industry is changing rapidly and unfortunately there are some builders/manufacturers whom like the idea of not being so obvious and out in the open regarding the kits they have. Slows down the Ferrari lawyers factor a bit. Perfect example the 360 kit. Ferrari knew EXACTLY where to go for that one. Manufactures that produce replicas that the consumers want have realized they need a new way of marketing them. If that means I sit back and take orders, emails, & questions. Then I am all for it. People get paid all over the world for this type of service. Why? Because there is a demand.

But to say I have done nothing.. well we are all entitled to our opinions and we can agree to disagree.* Mark up means nothing when the prices I have are prices communicated to me by the supplier. If they have changed the customer will find out when they eventually deal with the supplier directly!!

And yes…It is very nice for me!!.

When individuals, groups and companies contact me to discuss their projects or products and If I would be willing to list them or work with them, Makes me feel Great. Especially when they trust me and my judgment enough to let me in on some exciting new Kits in development that nobody else can find. It feels great that in some instances I am the only person they will deal with. You know that feeling…….. like the exclusivity issue with the interiors, or even the re-launch of the Mirage shortly… OHHH wait You couldn’t force them to deal exclusively with you. After all you’re not a vendor….

Feels Good enough to promise you that we will revisit this post in the future. And clearly you will see MUCH more of what I have been up to in the last while, and what I have done

Before you throw stones from your glass house and Ivory tower, be certain that you are covering your own problems instead of trying to deflect the negative attention at someone else. Who in your words, has done nothing.

Bottom line, I have never said anything bad* about the builds you do. I have always said you do awesome work.* The comment of not being a vendor I found to be a cowards way out of responsibility and owning up to the fact you conduct busines like any other business out there.
    I have tried to defend you in some issues that people attack you on. I have continued to speak highly of your work. It is the comments you made about a long overdue order, Claiming not to be a vendor when most of what you do is clearly a vendor and a few personal experiences with you that have built up and made me rant. Seems you can come out here and verbally blast anyone that doesnt agree with you threat'n to withhold shipments and generally rant in anger and insult. Heaven forbid should a few others have an opinion other than yours and attack your actions.
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Re: Powerhouse response to DKOV

Maybe we should just change this to the DKOV section of the forum since we have to have a different thread everytime someone has something to say... I know, I know.. you wanted to make sure everyone saw it.
    http://www.fiero-performance.com/misc/songman355a.gif      Fiero-Performance.com      [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/]2nd Annual California Coast Run[/url

Quote Originally Posted by Songman
    Maybe we should just change this to the DKOV section of the forum since we have to have a different thread everytime someone has something to say... I know, I know.. you wanted to make sure everyone saw it.
    Sure did...
    since the other thread has more to do with DJ goldens consumer complaint.
    This is more a reply to his questions he asked me.

I say we just go up there and lynch him! Do they still do that in Washington state? They still do it where I come from down in GA!

Just for giggles, Dan... How many Watson cars have you sold up there? And also, how many interiors has Scott knocked you out of? I think the answer to both question is ZERO. Scott told me a long time ago when I first bought my car that the SI interiors were made in Canada and there was no reason for him to ship them down here and then back to a customer in Canada. He told me that he just referred anyone who ask to you...

Please don't start another thread with these questions.. It's easier to relate to the answers if there is context from the original thread they were asked in... haha.. If there is a new thread, people won't even understand why I was asking the questions.
    http://www.fiero-performance.com/misc/songman355a.gif      Fiero-Performance.com      [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/]2nd Annual California Coast Run[/url

I say we just go up there and lynch him! Do they still do that in Washington state? They still do it where I come from down in GA!

Just for giggles, Dan... How many Watson cars have you sold up there? And also, how many interiors has Scott knocked you out of?
    I think the answer to both question is ZERO. Scott told me a long time ago when I first bought my car that the SI interiors were made in Canada and there was no reason for him to ship them down here and then back to a customer in Canada. He told me that he just referred anyone who ask to you...

Please don't start another thread with these questions.. It's easier to relate to the answers if there is context from the original thread they were asked in... haha.. If there is a new thread, people won't even understand why I was asking the questions.

I refused to buy with him LOL... there has been situations on this forum and others when Questions have been asked about the interiors and I have responded only to have Scott come in and "Clarify" the set up instead of leaving things as is. thus i did lose a few orders due to his need to always be in the spotlight. When mr exclusivity agreed to let me do my thing and he wouldn't interfere. I feel he has has a few times.

Otherwise I made all my points earlier. I never said Scott has never had good experiences, he clearly has. But just like life, we are all entiltled to vent and express opinions. Some guy overseas is easy to get away with screwing over because the ability to collect is tougher than those on American soil. You wouldn't believe how close some would go to actually " lynching" him if it was in his own back yard this happend.

The feelings and emotions I have expressed between Scott and I are my opinions just like he has his of me. Based on our situations and interactions with each other. He is certainly entitled to have them. He has many opinions of a few of us, and thats no seceret. But at least he freely threatn's, insults and/or expresses his opinions just like the rest of us and always seems to be ready for a debate when he feels the need to. so when the debate is about him or me, it should be fully expected that we all have a right to our opinions.Good bad or indifferent.

Scott is clearly got some valid happy and supportive clients ..like you
    And others who have had not so happy experiences.
    You are clearly passionate about him and his work and your experiences. Which is great to see. You (Songman), and I have never interacted therefore should have no reason to quarel. You and I can peacfully agree to disagree. Hate me or like me what ever your pleasure is. I am ok with any of it.

I don't have anything against you at all. I just saw some things in your comments that didn't gel with things that I know. One being that Scott has said good things about you to me and is always surprised when you jump on the wagon against him.

From my readings of this forum (ie, Scott did not tell me this) there was a time when he was the exclusive agent for SI interiors and if you were going to install one it would have come through him. Any company as it grows adds distributors. I can see that Scott would have had lots of knowledge about the interiors and might therefore answer questions posted on the forum about them. I don't belive his intent was to ever knock you out of any business.. But that is a question that nether you nor I can answer. Only he can.

You think I am passionate about DKOV, Dan? I'm not.. I would defend you or anyone else just as much if I thought you were being unfairly attacked. This whole thing has gone way beyond a couple of late orders. I think you know that as well. All I have ever said is that I think people should give DKOV some time to make all of this right. Personally, I believe that he has already sent DJs stuff. I think it is either stopped in customs or some other problem out of DKOVs control. I also doubt if we will ever actually hear if the stuff does arrive with DJ. Other people that he has problems with, he has been in contact and made arrangements to take care of the problem. I guess what impresses me here is that Scott is still here taking the heat. If he were trying to rip people off he could just not come on the forum.

Again Dan.. I have no problem with you. It is highly unlikely that you and I will ever do business but I don't like enemies online any more than I do in real life... But I have this problem. I'm a Southern boy. I tend to defend people who I think are being attacked unfairly. It's a character flaw I guess... hahah

songman my business is not with u it is with DKOV!!

I have just as much right to post my opinions here as you do... I just don't feel the need to start 100 threads with the same content.

I have just as much right to post my opinions here as you do... I just don't feel the need to start 100 threads with the same content.
    Amen............We have other forums for that

Yea I know I am new here but the more I browse around this forum it seems almost every other post has somthing to do with DKOV
    So I understand songmans piont, get one thread get your point out in the open and let it rest
    Now back to the kits