Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modena has not sent me my order in 3 months

Modena has not sent me my order in 3 months

Guys be cautious on a group by with Modena. I have ordered replica gauges from him back in Dec 04 and have yet to receive my order. He was paid in full in Dec 04 and I have yet to receive anything from him. He said they were lost in the mail but he sent them and didn't receive a tracking number. () He sent a set to John Watson to look at and John informed me they were damaged. I had to pick up some parts at John's place for my kit besides John didn't want to have to fool with mailing the things back and I told Pete if the gauges wern't that badly damaged I could use them and we could call it even. But once I inspected the gauges they are to badly damaged to use. I called Pete ( Modena ) and told him the damaged regarding the gauges and he said he had ordered me a new set and once I got the new set to mail him back the damaged ones. After about 2 weeks I emailed him to check the status of my guages and he told me I had to mail him out the damaged ones and then he would send me back new ones at that point. I have informed Pete ( Modena ) just to return my money and I would seek the purchase of my guages elsewhere. I'm waiting for a reply. I have purchased items from other memebers on this board and haven't had any trouble. I have purchased from John Watson, Dave Newman, Kitcar Accessories, Rodney Dickman, etc., and these guys know when I place an order the money is there. Not that I'm rich by any means but I'm a man of my word and if I say I'm going to do something, I do it. So to anyone who is thinking on doing any business with Pete ( Modena) be careful.

355coupe
    Neal Hargrove
    Nashville, TN

Re: Modena has not sent me my order in 3 months

Neal,
    I am really sorry to hear about that. I was a bit nervous myself when I didn't recieve my gauges in a timely manner after payment. John also told me about the gauges he had and said in a worst case scenario that I could use the damaged ones. Pete ended up giving me Classic instruments info and I had the gauges sent directly from them to me.

I did get my gauges in perfect condition, but it took some time. I always get worked up when I do not recieve goods quickly. It seems when you pay for something, sellers take their darn sweet time to get it to you, but when you are the seller, they needed it yesterday. Neal, I wish you best of luck!! Keep us posted.

Bob
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Bob,

Thanks for the encouragement. To tell you the truth, I have talked to Pete ( Modena) a couple of times on the phone and I really like him. He seems like a good enough guy but I really wouldn't be that upset about the delay but everytime I talk with him or email with him I get a different story each time and thats what makes me start to worry about the situation. I was hoping the gauges I picked up at John Watsons would have worked out but they are to far gone for someone to put in their car that they have just spend tens of thousands of dollars in. I just hope Pete ( Modena) is a man of his word and delivers the parts that have been paid for, for over 3 months now. I will keep the board updated, if he comes through I will let everyone know that louder and prouder than if he doesn't.

355coupe
    Neal Hargrove
    Nashville, TN

Neal,

I'm very sorry to know about this I was the same like Bob after i paid my gauges to Pete it did toke long time to wait but I have my gauges set from pete in perfect condition I wish you luck and hope you will recived the gauges soon.

sorry about your experience with him.

I just find it so funny how he was the guy who kept on about the DKOV/Dj thing yet here he is doing the same himself. :

I appreciate the support guys. He is still promising the delivery of new gauges to me but who knows if he will come through with them. If he does come through on our agreement I will be sure to let everyone know.

Thanks
    355coupe
    Nashville, TN

Has he been in touch with you at all lately? He hasn't been online too much but I did see him on for a few minutes last night. March 13th.
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Well guys another week goes by and still no parts from Pete or contact to let me know when to expect them. You are right I haven't seen him post on hear lately. I guess he turned out to be another DKOV.

355coupe
    Nashville, TN

Did you try to contact Zack at Classic instruments personally? He can tell you if they have been paid for and shipped or if the problem is with Pete paying them. That might give you a little piece of mind to find out if the order has been processed yet or not. Good luck getting what is rightfully yours.

Bob
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Same problem for me :-[

If you also get such a proble please mail me back at
    chevre@inderalabo.com