Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: madmike is ripping people off.

madmike is ripping people off.

I am posting to warn people of a fraudulent vender on this website. I purchased a ziata kit
    and car in APRIL OF 2004 from MADMIKE for 5,600 dollars total. He promised me that if I sent
    him all the money up front he would install the kit on the car, and DELIVER it to me in MAY OF 2004. May came and passed (twice) and I still have nothing but a giant headache. As soon as MADMIKE was paid, he would not return my phone calls for weeks, and when he finally did mike was extremely rude and would give another fake completion date. This went on for the duration of our contact. I have made several trips to Rockland Massachusetts to see a piece of junk car somehow manage to get progressively worse. I filed a case with the postal inspector, who is currently looking in to the matter. MIKE has had well into 2 years to mount a kit (that still isn’t finished) to a miata that he had no intention of completing in the first place. On my last trip I went to the police station to file another case against mike with his landlords help. The police said that it was a civil court type case and refused to help me. I am worried that because he owes his landlord in excess of 17,000 dollars he will be fraudulently soliciting more garbage kits and backyard craftsmanship to unsuspecting consumers. The reason I haven’t posted earlier is because he convinced me I would receive the car. He has made so many excuses and lies that I finally (and pathetically) saw that after almost 2 years I will receive nothing for my money. This thief needs to be put in jail. . My father drove 5 hours from Maryland to NY to pick me up, and 4 more hours to Rockland Massachusetts with a trailer to pick up the finished car. The car was in worse shape than it was 1 year ago. Of course he lied about installing the kit as well. I have never seen such poor quality work. The kit was paper thin, and wouldn’t remotely fit the car. The problem is he seems like such a nice guy until he receives your money. He lied about his company being under new management months ago just to string me along even further. Please do not send him any money. I have pictures of everything, receipts from him to prove full payment, and dates, and money order stubs with certified postal letters. I just started posting on websites that advertise his "kits" and the responses to my email have been ridiculously high. There are so many people in my same situation. The problem is that no one will post out of fear that he will destroy their car even further. This is understandable because he is a very angry man, hence the name MADMIKE. I hope that the webhost will begin to hear peoples stories and pull him from this site. He should not be allowed to pretend to sell products here. If you go to kitcars.com I have posts there too. It also bothers me that he is selling kits for cars that he does not even have. I cant see how this can even be legal. We are currently filing a civil case against him with the help of countless other customers in my same situation. I will also have a website up and running within a week or so documenting my whole account, 7 other customers ordeals (so far), and pictures, receipts and emails proving fake completion dates and multiple other lies.

please get back to me if any of this sounds familiar.

John paranoidjw@aol.com

Re: madmike is ripping people off.

i hate to hear all that,ive talked to him several times,i almost bought some stuff from him,im glad i didnt

I tried to purchase a Daytona a year or so back. I almost sent the cash but decided to wait. The car eventually went to someone else. I had prepared to try to do business with him about a month ago on a Daytona coupe. I am glad I passed it by again.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

ive been hearing several horror stories about this guy

John

Sorry to hear about your loss of money (that's a good chunk on cash)...do you ever sign a contract with him before the money was send??* Verbal completion dates on a build are easy to bypass however a written and signed contract with firm target dates will have a lot of weight if your case goes to court.* I really haven't dealt with Mike and I don't know his work but he seems to post on this forum often....Recently he was selling an unfinished TR replica I was interested in seeing photos of it but he could not provide me any photos for some strange reason....He was selling the TR replica cheap but it was sitting around his shop for quite some time so I passed on the deal...

I have no comments on Mike and I'm sorry for your bad experience and long wait...Maybe the car will be finished soon* - it's better late than never as they say.*

All the best

Vasilis K.* *
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwick
    I have never seen such poor quality work. The kit was paper thin, and wouldn’t remotely fit the car. The problem is he seems like such a nice guy until he receives your money.
    That is good information to know. I was recently speaking to him in regards to a Ziata kit, but have been dragging my feet. He does seem like a great guy when I have spoke with him several times, but most salesmen do(remember DKOV?).
    Good for you , John, that you decided to stand up so that others could be spared. That is really too bad that you have lost such an impressive chunk of change, please keep us posted on this thread of any outcome. Best of luck to you.

Bob R
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

I feel your pain, I am in a similar situation. I invested (lent money and vehicles) to another Mad "Mike," Heuser aka known as Automotive Inspiration's/ Heusers Towing and Repair in NJ. His wife used to work for me and they both worked me to the tune of over $300K this year alone. We are "quickly" headed for court. They have sold 2 of my cars on E-Bay and are in the process of selling a third.
    Lesson learned always flip vehicle titles when you purchase a car and lock them up. One of their E-Bay seller names is Rhonda804, buyer beware. Take care. Bill

John sent me pics of his Ziata kit for me to post but they are each over 660K and there is a 100K limit for posting. I am not sure how to down size them that much. From what I viewed in his pictures the panels were not even trimmed out of the molds and still have rough, fuzzy edges and are really thin. The top and bottom side of the trunk are not bonded together like stated as a complete kit and his donor car is a $350 value car not a $2600 car like he had to pay.
    Although I am not directly involved and am not aware of all of the detail, I do see what I see. ANd I see a poor quaility kit on a beat down car that will require more work than it will be worth if it were given to you for free. John is into it about $5600 so far so he is really upside down on the deal.
    Just my thoughts on what I saw.
    Bob
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Carbuilder2

TRY THIS ...... http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp
    The Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C).

Quote Originally Posted by superstang460
    John sent me pics of his Ziata kit for me to post but they are each over 660K and there is a 100K limit for posting. I am not sure how to down size them that much.
    Bob, follow this link and download microsoft's image resizer. After you get that you can just right click on the file and tell it to resize it to three different sizes.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Here is a direct link to the download. http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ertoySetup.exe