Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANYONE PURCHASE EXTREME 355 IN THE US?

ANYONE PURCHASE EXTREME 355 IN THE US?

I am looking at doing an EXTREME MR2 355 just wondering if anyone has dealings with the company and their US distributor? I would appriciate any iformation as to a hands on experience with the kit, it looks fantastic I am just worried about turning over $7,000.
    Thanks,
    Erick

Re: ANYONE PURCHASE EXTREME 355 IN THE US?

Who is their US Distributor??? Do they have a website?? photos posted??

Do not fork over $7K without checking them out first....no matter what they claim do yourself a BIG favour and check them out first...you can always send a small deposit if you want but don't send ALL the funds at one time.

That's my opinion and you're free to do what you wish.

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

I believe they have a person who owns an auto body shop in NY and the kits are distributed via his location. I don't know much else since the company is difficult to get in touch with and this itself causes hesitation in purchasing.

Quote Originally Posted by 355Blade
    I believe they have a person who owns an auto body shop in NY and the kits are distributed via his location. I don't know much else since the company is difficult to get in touch with and this itself causes hesitation in purchasing.
    Well, the very fact that you can not get in touch with them should raise a red flag immediately.....Anyone who's reputable and has an honest business should have a working phone number with a messaging service LOL

If they are in NY like you say, do you know where?? I bet you in the Bronx....I'm in NY as well and maybe I can check them out for you....If you have an address or a name of the business for them let me know...

VK

VK you are a very lucky person to get a kit you have paid for. You offer good advice but even with a website, working phone number and for some people, a visit to the shop, people can still get ripped off. I paid for a kit that I never received and have been trying to get a refund for over a year. All I get is a bunch of empty promises. The fact that you got what you paid for, from the person who has ripped me off and a few other people that I know of, is a blessing. With all that said, go to the shop with the funds. If they have the kit, buy it. If not, leave with your money and avoid all future headaches.

Hey Corey

I don't necessarily consider myself "lucky" as you say but I certainly don't like to be taken advantage of and get ripped off by anyone....I fully understand your situation as I have lost my deposit in other deal (through eBay) a while back....Since then I make it a point to always use my instinct and my head before parting with my cash....

I have posted my personal experience in this forum after dealing with Mike H. and I can only speak of my personal experience...I had read the complains of John W. before dealing with Mike....In my dealings with him, Mike was professional and very helpful....Like I said before I will buy from him again...That's my impression of Mike which is obviously different than yours.

I'm not going to defend anyone but common sense tells me that if I have to send money to someone then I better get a receipt or something in writting for my purchase....If the seller is not willing to do that then the deal is off....Another way is to pay via Credit card and let them fight it out in the case I get ripped off....My point is that having an agreement in writting or email is a binding contract and that gives you legal power....

In the case of 355Blade who's interested in purchasing an MR2 F355 kit I would be very carefull in sending money without a written contract in place for the kit....There's another person in this forum who claims to have an Extreme F355 MR2 kit available in the USA. His email is : wimm@nc.rr.com and his userid is WIM Motorsports.

VK

Whatever you do, pay with a CREDIT CARD! It's nice to have a large company to fight/retrieve your funds when the guy doesn't produce! If he won't take a credit card, start running!
    been there, done that....
    Sandy

Thanks for the advice I will make sure I check any vendor out in detail before mailing them $7,000 it is sad how many jerks out there want to rip people off.

VK
    If I can ever get ahold of this company I would love for you to check them out for me.... I will let you know, thanks.

Erick

You can also just buy direct from extreme in uk, they send's kits worldwide free, then you know it is serious company.

I am about done with my current Extreme 355 build. If you are interested in purchasing an Extreme 355 kit in the US, give me a call at 919-957-2828. I am the US distributor located in Durham, NC. Not sure if the distributor in NY is still selling the kits. I will be posting my most recent build pics on the below posting. Also check out www.wimmotorsports.com

http://www.madmechanics.com/index.ph...66441#msg66441