Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Builder Warrning 512 TR

Builder Warrning 512 TR

Well David Terrill is not going to finish my car. He quit working on it so i quit sending him money. I paid him in full for our first contract he never finished that but,he gave a convincing story as to why he was waiting to stretch the donor Fiero. We had two contracts totaling $10,500 for a complete rough install. I paid him $8,250 plus over $3,000 in parts. When i asked him if he is going to ever finish my car he told me to goump in the lake! so i will be selling what ever parts i can get a hold of. so if any one is interested let me know. you can still go to my site link below and see the car and parts. my first post is on page (5) subject 512trkit

http://hometown.aol.com/kit512tr/mytrproject.html

Re: Builder Warrning 512 TR

I had a similar situation wrt an engine upgrade. After trying everything in the world to get my property and money back I eventually filed criminaol charges for theft, fraud, etc. He got arrested, I got my car back, as well as about 90% of the money when he had to pay restitution or end up in jail. I recommend this approach and you do not have much to loose.
    Nelson

sorry to hear it, guys like that make this hobby way less fun, I know I got taken for 16k by CK3 so I can sympathize. If you are selling the BBS Pininfarina wheels I would be interested in knowing how much.

Thanks guys for you input it makes me feel better. I went to my local police dept. they said i could not charge him with auto theft cuz i took the car to his shop of my own wiil. but because he since moved and would not tell me where the car was now he could got to jail. when the officer called him on the phone they where going to pick him up. but then my builder David Terrill lied to the officer saying he is going to lien my car cuz our contract states i was to complete fifty percent of the work and i had not done that so i'm not getting anything. the good news is he peed off the officer so much he wants to testify on my behalf. my contract stated that i was to strip the car and transport it to his shop i have video of this so he is giong to look like a fool when i show my contract and video to a judge. He was so dumb as to call my home a day later and leave me a msg. that states he told me i will take you your car just tell me where to drop it off you didnt have to get the police involved so call me. why would he drop off my car if he told the officer the day before he was going to lien it? the car is junk now because he left it outside for almost four years in Victorville,CA the temp in that city gets to 120d then after that the car sits in 5 feet of snow it wont start the brakes are gone and im sure the car has extreme elec. and rubber rot and enging damage. I dont have the BBs pininfarina wheels. if i ever get my wheels they are after market Moda R6 with 235x45x17 I will keep this fourm updated on this issue and thanks for listing to me vent off.

Go after him with any applicable criminal charges. If you have a copy of the contract and the video that shows you complied with your obligations you may be able to throw a nasty surprise at him. The criminal charge is also much better than a civil suit when youare trying to get his attention. It took me about 5 months to get it fully resolved but was worth it in terms of money returned and seeing him get arrested.
    Nelson

i would love to see him in handcuffs my police dept wont go after him they keep making it a pure civil issue. PLEASE TELL ME HOW YOU GOT YOUR POLICE DEPT. TO GO AFTER HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!

I looked up the appropriate criminal law provisions in my state for theft of services, theft, fraud, and a few other things. I found several that looked applicable and followed through on the requirements for notification. I sent him a certified letter in accordance with the required procedure. He did not respond to that and sent the letter back unopened. I then called the cops and said that I wanted to file criminal charges because he 1) had my property and did not respond to a demand to return it and 2) he had committed theft by deception when he promised to do the engine swap and did not do it even though he had been paid.

The cops eventually contacted the guy and told him to return the property or face the consequences. He left the car outside one night, the police notified me, and I drove it home. Since no work had been done, a hearing was set up with a judge in a couple of days. I presented the evidence (I am very meticulous wrt record keeping - including e-mails, cashed checks, letters, etc.). The judge agreed with me that there had been criminal action and issued an arrest warrant which was executed that afternoon.

He got out on bail and elected to plead guilty the day beore the scheduled trial. I stated that I had no objection to probation for him if he repaid the money and the judge made it a portion of the sentencing agreement (the law had a restitution provision anyway). I got the money back over the next six months from the probation office after he paid them. It did not cover the damage he did to my vehicle, cleaning 6 months worth of grease and grime off the vehicle, etc. but I got the majority of my money back.
    Nelson

THANK YOU I WIL DO EXACTLY THIS. MY GUY MIGHT GIVE UP THE CAR ONLY! BUT HE WILL NEVER GIVE UP THE MONEY OR ANY PARTS. THANK YOU FOR SO MUCH OF YOUR HELP AND TIME .I HOPE SOME DAY I CAN REPAY YOU THANKS..............

Re: WARRING WARRING BUILDER 512 TR

Well thanks all for your input about my 512 problem. I don't know what is going to happen I can't get any one to help me with this leagel matter! I have tried everything but, no one ever calls me back or does what they say they are going to do to help me. I'm not going to pay a lawyer or paraleagel just to take more of what little money i have left. I tell these people what my builder did to me,they say I have a 50 /50 chance? then when I leave the office they never call me back with the info they said they would! I just DON'T GET IT!!!!! These people keep telling me this builder is a very, very good conman. So I don't know what is going to happen? by the way my builder put a lien on my car and wants me to pay $670.00 if i ever want to see it again! He does this to me when HEEEEEEEE !!!!!!! breached our contract. I stoped the lien sale so i guess i have to wait and see what happens next? Any way I am selling what items i have and what ever items i can get my hands on that he has. I guess this is what justice is all about! A link to what i have for sale as of right now Thanks
    http://hometown.aol.com/kit512tr/forsaleindex.html

What are you selling wrt the interior? I could be interested in the console/instrumentation/dash package if it is for sale and potentially the power train also.
    Nelson