Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rodney Dickman's Products

Rodney Dickman's Products

Yet another awesome vendor! On Tuesday, I ordered the die cut fuel guard, 2 large foil door jam stickers, 2 small foil door jam stickers and a black 3/8 ball knob shifter from Rodney Dickman's Automotive Accessories @ www.rodneydickman.com. I just received a Priority Mail package this afternoon (Friday) containing all of the goodies!

Upon closer inspection, you'll find each piece a work of art in itself. If you are meticulous about making your Ferrari conversion into a masterpiece for all to envy and enjoy, then this is where you gotta shop! It's all in the little details. The quality of the foil door jam stickers are second to none. Rodney includes a mini catalog with application directions, featuring other items that are available from his inventory. His sales receipt is also well detailed (for those who like to keep all records).

I had the pleasure of speaking with Rodney while placing my order. You will not find a more knowledgable, friendly and customer oriented businessman than he. He definitely knows his stuff.

Bottom line...Buy with confidence! This vendor's customer service, fast shipping and quality products make him one of the BEST. Rodney welcomes any questions and demonstrates he is more than happy to assist you with your Fiero based kit car endeavours.

Re: Rodney Dickman's Products

My experience was very similar to yours. Rodney shipped out my stickers days before I even expected him to and they looked great. Glad to hear your order was smooth too.

Bob
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

same here and i live in the uk ;D

Rodney is a top notch supporter of the Fiero community and the replica industry. I find and have found him a pleasure to deal with and a true proffesional. Thank you Rodney. Take care. Bill

Yes, another AWESOME vendor, who stands up for his products!!!!
    Rodney rocks...!
    Sandy

kitcarnut

I just ordered lambo stickers and 4 days later it's here.
    good show Rodney.

You guys should consider yourselves lucky ... when he gets into one of his moods, he'll forget his promises then tell you his business is good without you .... Frankly, the Fiero Store is a MUCH better place to do business with and has a bigger selection.

Maybe that's why dickman set up his website to direct you to him if you type the address "thefierostore.com". The REAL Fiero Store is www.fierostore.com

Quote Originally Posted by Corson008
    You guys should consider yourselves lucky ... when he gets into one of his moods, he'll forget his promises then tell you his business is good without you .... Frankly, the Fiero Store is a MUCH better place to do business with and has a bigger selection.

Maybe that's why dickman set up his website to direct you to him if you type the address "thefierostore.com". The REAL Fiero Store is www.fierostore.com
    I've had excellent communications with Rodney. I know what sets him off people buying his parts and copying them making a cheap copy. I don't blame the guy. He spends countless hours designing parts and there is always someone who thinks anyone in business shouldn't be allowed to make a profit.
    The Fiero store is also a great place to deal with, but frankly they don't have some or many of the custom parts Rodney makes. Regards Bill

I've bought tons of stuff over the years from Rodney and have never been disappointed.
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

Well, here's what happens if he doesn't read and/or remember correctly, then decides to turn against you

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/A...-1-042420.html

This is especially important for people working on kitcars that need to actually look at a part or trial fit it BEFORE they know if it will work for them. I'm sure that NOBODY on this forum would call trial fitting a shifter as USING the part, which would affect its return and resale value. I'm also sure that a lot of people here know how hard it is to make the fiero manual trans work with a gated shifter.

Would anybody here buy a part for a trial fit WITHOUT asking about a return ? I wouldn't (DIDN't). Would anybody here try to "force" a return when the part could EASILY be sold here or on Pennock's - or try to return a part that was damaged? I WOULDN'T. i asked for a return as a part of future plans to buy more parts !

Note that he had agreed to let me do that BEFORE I bought the shifter, THEN forgot. Instead of simply returning it, he kept my MONEY AND THE PART - THEN posted a thread and "surprise", look how many people chimed in. I then had no other choice then to resolve this publicly to either get the part back or a refund !

Note his apology THEN reversal !

In my opinion, any decent person would have simply followed through and issued a credit, OR returned the returned merchandise. I would have been OK with either way As I Said In The Thread. I could EASILY have sold the shifter myself, but asked for a CREDIT (on future purchases) or refund because I was going to need more stuff before my project was finished. Actually I had Already spent a lot of money with him.

This was a SMALL matter. But Rodney decided that his loyal followers will keep him in business, and this allows him to "burn" people whenever he wants; like posting a thread in the Forum containing his followers to publicly resolve the matter, even though all he needed to do was simply send the part back to me if he didn't want to take it back.

I felt that this was handled COMPLETELY in-appropriately, in every way. I also learned that everytime someone gets a quick shipment then posts praise for Rodney (as I had also done in the past), does nothing more than make him more independant and re-inforce the view that any problems MUST be someone else's fault, NOT Rodney's .....