Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SCAMMED $60,000! BY ROBERT PROULX OF EXOTIC GLASS *SCAMMED*

SCAMMED $60,000! BY ROBERT PROULX OF EXOTIC GLASS *SCAMMED*

>

okay this guy robert prolux of exotic glass had played me for 3 years now!!! ive been promised a car over and over again and he has yet to even start my build yet. he has been sending me pictures of my car and then after 3 years of waiting at carlise 2006 i found out from his ex-friend which he had also ripped off that those pictures were all fake!!! he had been sending me old pics of his previous build from john scotts car. then right after that i rushed over to rick and tara at the d&r booth at carlise and asked them if robert had ordered a kit from them for my build??! they had told me no! robert had NEVER EVEN ORDERED my kit to begin with. so EVERYTHING IS ALL LIES! then of course its the katrina excuses....funny how he had never even orderd my kit from d&r and sending me fake pics all which happened way before katrina. remember i had paid this guy 3 years ago. come to think about it i had even offered to help this guy out after katrina by offering to send him clothes and stuff!!!! he would always reply to my emails but then after waiting 3 years with excuse after excuse i had emailed him saying that i will go up to your shop exotic glass to see the status of my build and sure enough ive never heard back from him again. to make matters worse over at carlise now i found out that i wasnt the only one...he had also ripped another buyer off a sv project over $100.000.00! anoher roadster for $40,000.00 and a 6.0 project for $12,000.00!! this guy has over $200,000.00 of honest peoples hard working earned money with no results to show for it. come out and be a man robert and either refund the peoples money or finish up your commitments....of course you cant do any of that until you start replying to the many phone calls and emails that ive sent you. legal action and criminal action needs to be taken here. anyone who lives near his shop be sure to let me know. any help on getting this guy also be sure to let me know as this guy needs to be caught and prosecuted.

Re: SCAMMED $60,000! BY ROBERT PROLUX OF EXOTIC GLASS *SCAMMED*

Sorry to hear that. That really sucks. The best thing is to collaborate w/ all the other people that were ripped off. It may be a federal crime across state borders.

This is a big reason why kit cars have trouble gaining traction. Many buyers hear these horror stories and don't pull the trigger.
    White Fugazzi Bentley Supersport Convertible GTC

yes too bad builders like this give this industry a bad name and it especially hurts those genuine honest builders out there. indeed i will work with the others to help get this guy. if he thinks hes just going to dissapear then hes got another thing coming. stealing $200,000.00 of other peoples money...crazy and very brave isnt it? its a slow process but things are happening. if anyone else has heard or seen anything related to ...SHADDOE AKA ROBERT PROLUX OF EXOTIC GLASS home of SPECIALTY PAINT AND CUSTOMS. then be sure to let me know. his picture can be found over at lambo lounge under notes in the carlise 2004 pics. thank you for everyones help in this matter. heres a original email as we discussed...a build time of one year, just look at the date on the email below.

----- Original Message -----
    To: ROBERT PROULX
    Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2003 2:48 PM
    Subject:lambo project

Our build time is about 12 months right now because of current projects, the time could change depending on when you are ready to start. Our base model at $50,500 has the V6 and is pretty sporty and very reliable. Our base models come with Alpine am/fm cd player and a dvd player would increase the price by around $600. The air ride is also an additional $800 and comes with the air tank mounted in the front deck painted the color of the car. I could throw in the engine cover at no additional charge since most of it is made in shop. Feel free to ask any questions you have. Thanks...attached are pics of the air ride, most people thought the tank was for nitros.

ps: any others with suggestions or help then please let me as well, since nothing is too small in this case. so we can continue to get this scammer prosecuted whether it be criminal to much higher. thank you.

Well first thing I would do if this much money is at stake is go to the New Iberia police and prosecutor with all my reciepts, comunications, and proof I had been defrauded. If any of this transpired in the US mail go to postal authorities. If you have proof of criminal intent then they can put him away. Sorry about your troubles. I had lots of dealings with Robert and never any problems. Now if he is guilty, I'm not sticking up for him, just kinda worried about him.

P

Where is the con man located? what state city and address?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Coupe
    Where is the con man located? what state city and address?
    thanks

his website is http://www.exoticglass1.com/

ROBERT PROLUX AKA SHADDOE.
    814 MEADOW LANE BLDG. C-2

NEW IBERIA, LA.70560

You may find this interesting. Your guy goes to this site. His last access on the site prior to this was 7/6/06. I am not sure you can track him this way, but at least you know he is around. I really hope he does the right thing for the guys that he owes

http://www.300zxclub.com/member.php?u=35164

Chamaco

I would suggest any of those scammed by this guy, to join the above mentioned forum or forums just with the idea of pulling the plug on this individual by dropping a warning. It is not diphamation if you have proof he ripped you off. Theres an old saying that goes: "When the rat's play ground closes in on him, the Cat usually wins!!!!!!!!!!" GOOD LUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by lambo1018
    Well first thing I would do if this much money is at stake is go to the New Iberia police and prosecutor with all my reciepts, comunications, and proof I had been defrauded. If any of this transpired in the US mail go to postal authorities. If you have proof of criminal intent then they can put him away. Sorry about your troubles. I had lots of dealings with Robert and never any problems. Now if he is guilty, I'm not sticking up for him, just kinda worried about him.

P
    lambo1018 since you have had dealings with Robert, maybe you can clear up a question for e that might be pertinent to this thread. Is this the same guy that had his shop flooded and messed up when the hurricanes hit the Gulf last year? I'm not not saying he's good or bad, but if he did get hit hard that may have had a lot to do with the problem.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by turmite
    Quote Originally Posted by lambo1018

P
    lambo1018 since you have had dealings with Robert, maybe you can clear up a question for e that might be pertinent to this thread. Is this the same guy that had his shop flooded and messed up when the hurricanes hit the Gulf last year? I'm not not saying he's good or bad, but if he did get hit hard that may have had a lot to do with the problem.

Mike
    the flood had nothing to do with it at all. trust me his shop is perfectly fine coming from robert himself and someone who was just recently there. i still have all of his emails from the very beginning if anyone wants proof. robert had been telling me lies way before the hurricane hit. he's bought a new car since then so hows he out of money????? he sent me fake pictures of my build about 2 years into my build and told me that was my car he was working on. i did not know about all this until i went to carlise. i talked to his best friend who he also scam. so as proof to settle this . i went to ask rick and tara at d&r to see if robert has ordered my kit way back almost 3 years ago, and guess what? they said ROBERT HAD NEVER OREDERED A KIT AT ALL....so if he never ordered a kit then what about all of those pics that he sent me through 3 years.....THEY WERE ALL FAKE!!! so then robert knew i was catching up to him. so after that he did not reply back to my phone calls or emails . robert is currently running with over 200,000.00 of peoples deposits.
    hey thanks diablocarguy and everyone else here for your support and tips. i will try to keep you guys updated on this scammer. i did spoke with a bunch of people who robert had scam alot of money from as well. we are all working together quietly for a while now, to bring this guy to justice. scammers like robert deserves to go to jail and i assure you guys i will do everything in my power to get this scammer in prison for a very long time . no matter what it takes he will go to prison for a VERY LONG TIME or do the right thing and either finish up your commitments or RETURN PEOPLES MONEY!