Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: I hate it!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    351

    I hate it!

    You know if there is anything that is getting on my nerves and thats people talking trash about kitcars and replicas and about how bad they are.

    People never take the time to actually see a good kitcar or a replica such as Dales 6.0 replica or a Factory Five GTM and even the Ultima GTR which is the fastest street legal car out there I may add!., no they see one of them ugly ones and they think that all kitcars and replicas are awfull. There's a tread over on Ferrari chat that makes me sick called the crappy replicas tread and all they do is give kitcars badpress.

    Seriously whats soooooooooo bad about a kitcar?

    Look at the Import tuner business, There are some great tuner cars out there but most of the time you see a junker box driving with a beer-can exhaust, a 747 wing and lambo doors that flop around when the wind blows with Neon lights and Neon green paint and yet thats exceptable and a nice Lamborghini or Ferrari replica isn't?.

    I can't wait to see a video of an Ultima GTR beating one of these highpriced Supercars like an Enzo or Veyron. Like that they can see that its just more than droping a Countach body on a Fiero.
    So whats wrong with a replica?

  2. #2

    Re: I hate it!

    AMEN.

  3. #3

    Re: I hate it!

    it's never about performance and quality, never was. it's always been about the image the car conveys to people. when people say kit car, they think of something like the 'coyote' enzo-wannabe type car, a ricer is a primer painted fartcan car with a huge aluminum wing, a muscle car is a rusted out gas guzzling tank that sways like a boat, a german sportscar is a porsche thats being towed because it broke down, and the list goes on and on since guy with car _____ wants to talk trash about guy with car ______. anything is fair game there..

    and besides what do you expect? a ferrari owner is never gonna walk up to a car that cost 1/6 of what he spent and say "cool car, looks like i got the wrong one". and the kit car owner will always use the old "well yea but mine didn't cost $400000000" :P
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

  4. #4
    Black Ops
    Guest

    Re: I hate it!

    people that talk trash about kitcars .....

    my reply to them


    WHAT EVER!..............................AND BYE!


    I enjoy kits cars, other builders enjoy looking at others cars, so who cares what NON-BUILDERS think.... I know I do not!

    Black Ops 8)


    Quote Originally Posted by capt,ginyu
    I can't wait to see a video of an Ultima GTR beating one of these highpriced Supercars like an Enzo or Veyron.
    Sorry Not Ultima 'v' Enzo but is a Ultima and Vett

    Ulitma 'v' Vett

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYBssryU7Y0

    Ultima GTR Twin Turbo goes from 0-340 km/h in 19 seconds.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3y7qbSCB44

    Ultima GTR ride

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAxVJmwbfsE

    Countach Replica

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_XXu3zX75o

  5. #5

    Re: I hate it!

    Hey Guys,

    Well, i dont know... i've spent allot of time on the authentic lambo enthusiast web sites and they do have skewed attitudes towards kits, and i can imagine why... Look at it this way... i had some interviews the other day, we're hiring a new analyst for some research work out of my department, and one resume popped up and stood out... this guy had an MBA, thatís always nice... until i looked up what school he claims to have gone to... ever hear of Rushmore University? yah sounded pretty fancy until i looked it up and found out that you can get an MBA, a DBA and a Phd all within about two years time... well.. i have an Oxford MBA, and you can imagine the distaste i had in my mouth when i realized this shmuck was trying to pass off his credentials as equal to my own. Not to inflate my own head, far from it, im a simple humble architect, who happened to work dam hard for his education, while this guy paid a diploma mill to photo copy him some education. So from that perspective, i can understand the problem authentic owners have with kits... its not that they feel they lost out on a deal... its that they feel kit builders are trying to get a taste of their hard earned (generalizing here) piece of pie.

    Now, donít get me wrong, i am very interested in the kit car industry and market because for me and for many of you im sure, its the customizability of the car, the doing it yourself that i really like...

    so to turn the tides on my own argument above... How many people in America live in custom designed and built houses? Would it not be reasonable to argue that the majority of the continent lives in pre-developed cookie cutter boxes that look identical to their neighbors? and if it wasnít for the unique way in which our wives arrange the ornamental nohms on the lawn, it would be impossible to determine which one you lived in? lol See, in the housing industry as with MANY other industries, the concept of custom made and custom built is completely on the opposite scale as it is with the car and kit industries... it is a luxury to be able to afford an architect, to afford the time and energy of building your own house... believe me, my Architectural fees are anything but cheap, but you get what you pay for in the end. And my clients are always willing to pay for the quality of product they get.

    Regarding the kit car industry... (here's the MBA coming out) in allot of ways, its a crock... i mean come on, i got a quote from an American supplier and builder for $90k US (about $120 Canadian) for a flipping fiero chassis rebuilt v-6 with a 6.0 body that is a solid one piece mold and isnt even molded off an original, thus at least assuring that side by side to a real deal, it would at least be identical mostly. Are you kidding me? thatís the complete opposite of any good business investment... in this case your not getting what you pay for and thats quite appalling. I mean, do a google, for that price i can pick up the same model authentic car, forget the insurance and maintenance, talking capital costs here... i mean do you go shopping for a new or used Toyota thinking about the insurance and maintenance fees? do most people? Are most American car advertisements aimed at the conscious consumer or do they consist of a blazing fast car whizzing by burning more non-renuable fuel for the sake of showing off its fancy-ness? So you see it is indeed a more complicated issue then just black and white. I see both sides of the argument, and still will push towards my kit build but, what it will not be is a 'close but not quite' effort. If this car does not look absolutely identical (minus the engine) to the original, then i walk away, as i have done in many cases.

    I know, i've become the devils advocate... if anything, i needed this forum thread to get this off my chest


    Thoughts and comments?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,144

    Re: I hate it!

    Well my 2 cents.

    You will always have those people that say "I would never own a kitcar" Or "Why would you drive a fake exotic" . For me its not even about any of that. Its all about starting with a bunch of parts and building something I would enjoy driving. Anyone can go and buy a F#rr@ri but how many people can build one. You will always have the exotic owners stick their nose up at you.

    There are several serious kits out there if you get away from the clones for a minute. there are also some really cool rebodies. Im going to give you my opinion of the direction I think the industry needs to go to be taken serious.

    Start building Original designs. There are so many talented builders out there. And whe already have cars that have created some buzz.

    The Attack
    The GTM
    The Noble (Turnkey minus)
    The Ultima GTR
    The Sportech
    The TwinTech

    This is just a few. Even I have the ideas im my head for a all original design. The other major thing is to make it affordable to build. I dont believe for one minute that a few thousand dollar stretched fiero and a diablo body warrants a 50k price tag. I understand there is more involved then just mounting a body. Ther e is alot of labor involved. Most because the kit is half ass to begin with.

    Last thing is all of us diehard kitcar guys pay the high prices..lol

    I dunno im just rambling but maybe something made some sence

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    351

    Re: I hate it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Ops
    Haha! someone should post that on Z06vette.com

    "this is the true bang for the buck deal"
    So whats wrong with a replica?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    351

    Re: I hate it!

    Quote Originally Posted by AutoMX
    it's never about performance and quality, never was. it's always been about the image the car conveys to people. when people say kit car, they think of something like the 'coyote' enzo-wannabe type car, a ricer is a primer painted fartcan car with a huge aluminum wing, a muscle car is a rusted out gas guzzling tank that sways like a boat, a german sportscar is a porsche thats being towed because it broke down, and the list goes on and on since guy with car _____ wants to talk trash about guy with car ______. anything is fair game there..

    and besides what do you expect? a ferrari owner is never gonna walk up to a car that cost 1/6 of what he spent and say "cool car, looks like i got the wrong one". and the kit car owner will always use the old "well yea but mine didn't cost $400000000" :P
    I also think they have there insructies about kitcars as well.

    I just don't see how a POS Civic with Lambo doors is exceptable and a Lamborghini replica isn't.
    So whats wrong with a replica?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    742

    Re: I hate it!

    Quote Originally Posted by slipondajimmy
    Even I have the ideas im my head for a all original design. The other major thing is to make it affordable to build. I dont believe for one minute that a few thousand dollar stretched fiero and a diablo body warrants a 50k price tag. I understand there is more involved then just mounting a body. Ther e is alot of labor involved. Most because the kit is half ass to begin with.
    Last thing is all of us diehard kitcar guys pay the high prices..lol
    I dunno im just rambling but maybe something made some sence
    jimmy I agree, but I also have been shocked at the cost of just the wheels and tires. If you add the cost of a good fairly heavy duty transaxle, the tube frame, suspension and engine for a complete rolling chassis and drive train, there is lots of $$$$$ there already. I can see that I am going to have to do lots of cnc foam carving to just get a set-up like I described.

    You need any foam carved? ;D

    Mike


  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    351

    Re: I hate it!

    Quote Originally Posted by slipondajimmy

    This is just a few. Even I have the ideas im my head for a all original design. The other major thing is to make it affordable to build. I dont believe for one minute that a few thousand dollar stretched fiero and a diablo body warrants a 50k price tag. I understand there is more involved then just mounting a body. Ther e is alot of labor involved. Most because the kit is half ass to begin with.

    Last thing is all of us diehard kitcar guys pay the high prices..lol

    I dunno im just rambling but maybe something made some sence
    I agree that its crazy to pay 50k for a fiero based Diablo replica nor a NAERC replica costing more than the orginal.

    The thing that I don't get is how they use 300ZX headlights on a 30th or an early VT. An early VT wing on a 6.0 is another one.

    If your going to build a Lambo rep, Do it right!.
    So whats wrong with a replica?

Similar Threads

  1. Another Scammer god I hate these guys, fake reventon kit
    By Ethros in forum Consumer Opinions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-29-2008, 03:39 PM
  2. MOVED: I hate it!
    By FunnyWheels in forum General Kitcar Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-10-2006, 08:36 PM
  3. Don't you hate this?
    By g_ogata in forum General Kitcar Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 02:30 AM
  4. If you hate rice cars too, check this out
    By GSXRBOBBY in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 12:49 PM
  5. dont you HATE these people!!
    By lamboloverforever in forum General Kitcar Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-26-2002, 03:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •