Thread: primedia kit car magazine renewal

primedia kit car magazine renewal

If anyone subscribes to the Primedia Kit Car magazine better watch out for all the renewal notices they send out. They are very deceptive. They'll renew you every 2 mos to infinity if you don't pay attention. I don't mind renewal notices a couple months before expiration but non stop notices that are deceptive making it look like your subscription is running out right away is a poor practice.

They don't really make it obvious what your real expiration date is in the letter they send. There might be a date printed after your name/address on the letter and that is probably your real cutoff date. They make it look like it is immediate. After receiving a couple notices several months ago it seemed I already paid recently and I called about it and found out I was paid up for 2 and a 1/2 years! I called and yelled for an immediate refund and why the $%^& are they sending me renewal notices? Well that was a few months ago and I just recently received two more notices and my subscription isn't up until July 2007.

The envelope has a window with a "CUT OFF DATE of 1/11/07" Cutoff for what? My subscription? nope....their discount offer? yep.
    Inside it says "DONT LET IT LAPSE!" what act now for over 7 months from now? The letter even says "your subscription is up for renewal". Over 7 months away.

I appreciate a straightforward expiration notice a month or two before my real expiration. I hate downright deception and BS.

I will be cancelling my subscription completely.

Just an FYI to fellow Kit car enthusiasts to check your renewal dates because the magazine doesn't give a rip about taking your money.

White Fugazzi Bentley Supersport Convertible GTC

Re: primedia kit car magazine renewal

Yeah, I hear ya. I also cancelled my subscription this past year. 2 reasons. Don't like Cobra's and that's ALL they really showcase. Secondly, I was tired of being hit with what I thought at the time was intentional lying through renewal notices. I am willing to wager that they make up the customer service name on the renewal notice and then on top of that they practically hide the phone number to call them. Saying I was late or almost expired on my subscription when I had carbon copies of my check that I had mailed the month or two before. This past year some guy wrote a letter to the editor complaining of pretty much the same behavior. The previous editor blew it off saying he didn't have control of that.

I wrote a really nasty letter but decided not to send it. Just not worth my time. So I cancelled them.

Wow. Thanks for the heads up - I'd thought my subscription had at least a couple YEARS left to go when I received notice this month, but seeing the notice, I assumed otherwise. I built a spec house this summer that hasn't sold, and with 2 mortgages things are tight enough that I didn't want to dole out $25 for something as trivial as a magazine subscription... I'm consistently disapointed with the coverage anyway, but this is the final straw. The kit car industry is shady enough as it is, the last thing you should be wary of is whether a magazine publisher is trying to screw you over. Until I found this forum, I picked up 90% of what I knew about kit cars, manufacturers, etc. through the magazines, and I bet many others still do so. What a shame...

What you really want is a subscription to the kit car builder. Very nice mag - never disappointed in any issue.
    http://www.kitcarclub.com/
    Or via the link on my website at http://www.kitcars.ca
    Visit My KitCarOnLine Blog<br />http://www.kitcaronline.ca and Links Site at http://www.kitcars.ca

thanks Derwin
    White Fugazzi Bentley Supersport Convertible GTC

I really like Kit Car Builder and look forward each magazine and seeing them at Knott's.