Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP NEEDED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP NEEDED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO ALL MEMBERS, IF ANYONE IN THIS FORUM HAS HAD ANY BUSINESS DEALINGS WITH DAVID ALLEN TERRILL ( AKA DAVID ALLEN TERRELL ) OF EUROPEAN EXOTIC CARS OF SANTA FE SPRINGS, HESPERIA AND VICTORVILLE, CALIFORNIA. THIS GUY WAS MY BUILDER OF A 512TR, HE HAS BREACHED OUR CONTRACT AND CONNED ME AND ANOTHER PERSON WHO HAS CONTACTED ME OUT OF SEVERAL THOUSAND $$$$$, HE HAS TAKEN MY PROPERTY AND ILLEGAL LIENED MY CAR AND HAS MADE FALSE STATEMENTS TO A PEACE OFFICER TO KEEP FROM BEING ARRESSTED FOR GTA. HE STILL HAS ALL MY PROPERTY AND MY CAR AND REFUSES TO GIVE THEM TO ME. I GOT HIM IN COURT ONCE AND THE JUDGE CHANGED VENUES FROM LA COUNTY TO SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY. THE PROCESS SERVER I HIRED KNEW WHO HE WAS BECAUSE THEY HAD SERVED HIM 3 MONTHS PRIOR TO MY SUIT. HE IS NOW EVADING SERVICE. IF HE HAS NOTHING TO HIDE WHY IS HE EVADING? I PAID THIS MAN IN FULL AND RECEIVED NO PRODUCT IN RETURN. IF ANYONE ELSE HAS BEEN CONNED BY THIS MAN, PLEASE EMAIL ME SO THAT I CAN PUT A STOP TO HIS CRIMINAL ACTIVITY. BUGER@VERIZON.NET

Re: HELP NEEDED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man, sorry to hear about this. It seems all to often this thing happens. I dont know what it is about these cars that attracts con men. Good luck resolveing this.

its hopes and dreams. Con-men bank on the hopes and dreams of their victims.

Recently in the news, in China, they are sentancing a convicted con-man to death.

How about if you have a contract you contact a lawyer and the attorney general in his state?

When suing your remedy is to to be able to collect Money, ponder that, and the chances of that. If your remedy is specific performance then how likely is that. Dont let your ego, or anger cause you to not make rationale decisions, explain things to someone you know is rationale and reasonable (someone you trust not your lawyer) and see if they see it your way. Lawyers go after big slow moving targets with ASSETS (unless you pay them). I bet this guy doesnt have Squat. If you get your car back, then you have cut your losses the best you can. Spending money on attorneys is good money after bad. If you are hoping for this guy to actually perform work contracted for then I bet your gut instinct tells you that will never happen. If you gave him a big deposit, then ask yourself why since he already got paid why would he want to work now? It sucks but its the way some guys think and are able to rationalize it. There comes a time when we must know when to cut our losses, stop throwing good money after bad and chalk it up to experience. get your car home, all your parts and put the past behind you.

While know one really likes Daytona Coupe's reply, he is correct. I have been down this road too many times and I have customers we have finished cars for that went down the same path. All of your attorney and filing fees will get you a judgement. A judgement can lead to a lien against his assets. If he does not own anything, you will not get anything. If he is incorporated or opperating under an LLC you can only go after the assets of that company and NOT his personal assets, because according to the law "the company" defrauded you, not the individual.

Sorry for what has happened to you.

Bart

Bart?

Mike

Sorry Mike, I let it get away from me. I fixed it.

Everytime I hear a story about kit cars and scams, my heart breaks. The flip side is that there are good builders out there, but people do not use them because people get sucked into the "cheaper" builder who is usually a conman.

I wish you the best. We are all behind you.

Nick in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by bowser330
    Recently in the news, in China, they are sentancing a convicted con-man to death.

I like that Idea... I will support that Legistration

Firing Squad!