Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this a Scam??

Is this a Scam??

Something seems a bit weird but It had me asking myself a question.

I don't recall ever seeing a Porsche Replica like this style for the Fiero donor. Did anyone make one??

I've always liked this style but never really cared for the VW donors. The kits that use the 911 donors are pretty cool but I think I'd rather leave the 911 alone as I think the 911 has a style all it's own.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Re: Is this a Scam??

yeah im wondering about this one. I have emailed the seller a few days ago with no reply yet.The price is the problem I see. They have a BIN listed in the auction at 7700. Way to cheap if you ask me. Not to mention there was not a BIN on the auction itself There was someone who was building the CGT on a fiero. I think it was Ted at rare cars but I do not remember 100%

with a feedback like that...i doubt its a scam.

unless someone hacked his account which is .002% chances.
    -Rob

It looks like a bargain for the car. The body alone will cost that much. Nice interior and it is running and painted.

I would say Buy it!

If you like an open car like that there is nothing to think about unless you're broke and dreaming.

You can't built it for that amount.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Hey epic. It happens alot more then you think. There has been many occasions that people used hacked accounts to try to scam people. Most recent I remember was posted on here for a Lambo kit of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Epic

Triangle G Fiero kit. I've seen it posted on Ebay before. Can't recall if it's the same seller, but it was trying to be sold for alot more. Could be a new owner trying to get rid of it for alot less.

Quote Originally Posted by slipondajimmy
    Hey epic. It happens alot more then you think. There has been many occasions that people used hacked accounts to try to scam people. Most recent I remember was posted on here for a Lambo kit of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Epic

It happens a lot and is becoming a big problem on ebay.. I almost fell for a similar scam on ebay and the perfect feedback four year ebay member contacted me and warned me his identy was stolen and not to have anything to do with the item that was listed.. Sure enough the scammer tried to contact me and have me send money to some 3rd word country for some stupid, yet believable reason..

note how the plate area is hidden so you can't see where it's from. looks like CA to me, with all the eucalyptus trees...
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

I've seen such an increase in hijacked user Id's and auctions in the last few months, it really had me wondering. $7K doesn't sound right. There is no buy-it-now but in the description I believe says to e-mail him prior to bidding. He hasn't responded to my e-mails either.

Maybe because I mentioned that I'm in PA about 1 hour or so away and wanted to stop out and see it in person.

Weird.

Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

wierd tho with almost 150 positives and 100% feedback.....