Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CHINA HAS BEEN DRILLING OFF FLORIDA SINCE 2006 WHILE AMERICA TWIDDLES THUMBS

CHINA HAS BEEN DRILLING OFF FLORIDA SINCE 2006 WHILE AMERICA TWIDDLES THUMBS

Did any of you know about this?

CHINA HAS BEEN DRILLING OIL DRILLING OFF FLORIDA SINCE 2006

WHILE AMERICA TWIDDLES THUMBS, CHINESE TAP BILLIONS OF BARRELS

(Issue #22, May 29, 2006)

http://www.americanfreepress.net/htm..._drilling.html

By Mike Blair

While Washington dithers over exploiting oil and gas reserves off the coast of Florida, China has seized the opportunity to gobble up these deposits, which run throughout Latin America, the Caribbean and along the U.S. Gulf coast.

The Chinese have forged a deal with Cuban leader Fidel Castro to explore and tap into massive oil reserves almost within sight of Key West, Florida.

At the same time, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, who controls the largest oil reserves in the Western Hemisphere, is making deals to sell his country’s oil to China, oil that is currently coming to the United States.

Meanwhile, a new left-wing populist regime in Bolivia has nationalized the natural gas industry, threatening to cut off supplies to the United States.

SLANT DRILLING

There are new reports out circulating that Chinese firms are planning to slant drill off the Cuban coast near the Florida Straits, tapping into U.S. oil reserves that are estimated at 4.6 billion to 9.3 billion barrels.

This compares with 4 billion to 10 billion barrels believed to be beneath the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge, where drilling is held up in Congress due to the objections of environmental groups which warn of endangering caribou.

Permission to drill in the refuge, which experts are certain will not present any environmental hazard, has failed by just two votes in the Senate.

As Chinese business increases its reach around the world, it is seeking oil, which it lacks domestically.

After elections in Mexico in early July, when a new regime hostile to Washington is expected to take power, the United States might be without supplies of Mexican crude oil. The United States gets about 40 percent of its imported oil from Mexico and Venezuela.

China is eager to tap into oil reserves in the Florida Straits and then make a deal with Castro to control it.

The Chinese have already reopened an abandoned Russian oil refinery in Cuba. Much of the gas refined there is believed to be destined for Freeport in the Bahamas, where the Chinese, through front company Hutchison-Whampoa, has developed a massive port facility and airfield.

With the refinery reopened and expanded it will also meet the needs of Castro.

Sen. Larry Craig (R-Idaho) has introduced legislation to ease U.S. restrictions that prevent dealing with Cuba to drill in the Florida Straits. It is hoped that Florida regulations that prevent U.S. oil drilling off the state’s coasts could also be eased.

The irony is that Chinese drilling could be even more of an environmental hazard since China is not as concerned about or equipped to deal with any potential ecological disaster as a result of a spill, said Craig.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Re: CHINA HAS BEEN DRILLING OFF FLORIDA SINCE 2006 WHILE AMERICA TWIDDLES THUMBS

I could not agree with you more. But it is probably already too late. We are years behind. You can write off Chavez, he absolutely hates the US and will likely sell their oil at a lower rate to China just to keep it from the US. I see tensions with Mexico growing and escalating to possible military action with-in ten to fifteen years. I am not usually a doomsdayer but every society has risen and fallen, none last forever. When this all moved to a global economy, the country on top (America) only had one way to go, down. I was hoping the slow down would not be soo steep but if you look at the value of the US dollar and the inflation of consumer goods due to high fuel and transportation cost. It is very steep. Couple this with very high food cost due to farming shifting to more crops for renewable energy like E85 ethanol this could really become a dangerous situation. Then if we elect a bunch of leftist democrats that will continue to bind the hand of the department of energy, wow.

Re: CHINA HAS BEEN DRILLING OFF FLORIDA SINCE 2006 WHILE AMERICA TWIDDLES THUMBS

Regardless, I think we need to start drilling now. The Dem Congress is doing nothing, while people suffer. Isn't it funny, that I can rake the Dems over the coals for doing nothing while people suffer. Were it in reverse, the media would have 24/7 coverage of this suffering. But, since it is caused by the Dems it is either OK, or not enough suffering to be bad.

Come to think of it both sides of the house have no backbone to do what is correct for the citizens of our country. We need to clean the bumbs out. All of them.

You two had better watch what you say about leftist/Dems/liberals, or you are going to upset Ops! ;D ;D ;D

All in good fun....doncha know!

Do we drill our own oil, or go after the AlQueida in Venezuela and get rid of Chavez.. :-X

As the price of oil rises so will the desire to drill oil from any and all reserves.. You all know its all about money.. Oil is big money right now and the politicians will be bought out and the oil companys will drill and even if there is enough oil to supply the US entirely the oil companys will restrict the ammount of oil they can drill to a level that will keep these oil prices high and very profitable..

The oil producing Countrys are getting so rich right now you have no idea.. Well, all those countrys are so corrupt that all the money is going to the Governing faction.. Be it the royal family, the King or the President..

Unless we (The US) gets our supply cut off from Opec what "Real world" difference would it make who drills the oil off of Florida.. If a US oil company drills the oil and sells it too the US it will still sell the drilled oil at market value.. The only difference is those huge profits will go to a American company.. Thats not a bad thing, but im sure drilling our own oil will not drop the price of gas here..

Now if we were to drill the oil and the drilling company were to sell the oil to the US for 1/2 the price of what Opec charges and stop buying from Opec it might make a difference.. But that wont happen..

I agree we should start drilling off of Florida, And not just to beat China to it, but as you stated to keep the enviromental hazzards that China might create by not being as regulated and carefull as others might be.. Now we see China becoming a major user of the worlds natural resources just as the US has been for many many years.. Here is a secret, China is the primary reason for the global price increases in oil.. They are utlimately creating the larger demand for oil since they are buying twice as much oil as they were 10 years ago.. Opec has increased output just slightly over the past 10 years, but China's demand has doubled.. This combination has created the small supply and large demand for oil recently..

The other thing is if the oil is drilled by China or the US and if our demand on foriegn oil drops, Opec will cut production to keep the supply low and keep the prices high.. Unless we could drill enough to become 100% self sufficient..

Black Op's is going to have a EV hayday with this thread.. ;D

Thats a great video.. Very informative..

"Unless we (The US) gets our supply cut off from Opec what "Real world" difference would it make who drills the oil off of Florida.. If a US oil company drills the oil and sells it too the US it will still sell the drilled oil at market value.. The only difference is those huge profits will go to a American company.. Thats not a bad thing, but im sure drilling our own oil will not drop the price of gas here.."

One of the big reasons for drilling our own oil is to keep the money flow coming back to the USA. Today all of the flow of dollars is outbound devaluing ours currency making the USA (you and me) broke. It is called the Gross Domestic Product. GDP.

It’s true, the environmentalists do not want oil companies to drill off the Florida coast. But as usual, the whole story isn't provided by politically motivated media outlets and too many folks would rather believe slanted versions of the truth. In addition to left-wing environmentalists, conservative Republicans from Florida have also opposed off-shore drilling. This includes previous governor Jeb Bush and current Republican governor Charlie Crist. Republican senator Mel Martinez co-sponsored a bill to place a huge drilling buffer around Florida. Republican congressman Gus Bilirakis also wrote legislation banning off-shore drilling. The fact is - residents of Florida deeply oppose drilling off their coasts and conservatives from Florida have done just as much as any other group to block it as anyone.

Liberalism will kill us all......but we will FEEL good about it....

In light of skyrocketing energy prices, not to mention simple good stewardship of creation, we’re all in favor of conservation of energy and finding innovative new solutions to the problem. It’s the government control peddled by Al Gore and his minions that colors us “skeptics.” For example, some of Britain’s Members of Parliament are advocating a “carbon ration card” for every adult in the UK to use when paying for gas, airline tickets or household energy. Those who exceed their ration would be forced to buy carbon credits. We think someone had a few too many pints.

We’re not alone in our opposition to the agenda of climate-change alarmists. Czech President Vaclav Klaus has published a new book titled, Blue Planet in Green Shackles—What Is Endangered: Climate or Freedom? in which he argues that the great danger facing the human race is the loss of freedom for a hoax. He compares climate alarmism with communism: “Like their [communist] predecessors, they will be certain that they have the right to sacrifice man and his freedom to make their idea reality.” He added, “In the past, it was in the name of the Marxists or of the proletariat—this time, in the name of the planet.” Klaus has also extended several invitations to debate Al Gore, to no avail. “I many times tried to talk to have a public exchange of views with him, and he’s not too much willing to make such a conversation,” Klaus said. Apparently Klaus hasn’t heard: “The debate is over,” according to Gore. Right?

Black Opps, maybe you could sell offsets from the people using EV to those of us with kit cars.

I found this tonight and it seems to fit the way I feel and live. This guy is a little older than I but his words hit home.

Rant to the right or wrong!

The following fullpage ad was placed in the Washington Post by a business man named George J. Esseff, Sr. He paid $104,655 .60 to run the ad. It is a great read.

In today's America ask a growing number of high school and college students, their teachers and professors, the self-anointed media elite and/or hard working men and women of all ethnicity the question, 'What is a Republican?' and you'll be told a rich, greedy, egotistical individual, motivated only by money and the desire to accumulate more and more of it, at the expense of the environment, the working poor and all whom they exploit.

I am a Republican - And I am none of those things and I don't know any Republicans who are!

WHAT I AM first and foremost, is a loving husband of some 72 plus years, the father of four and an American who's proud of his country and his
    country's heritage.

WHAT I AM is the grandson of immigrants who risked every-thing, including their lives and those of their children, to escape tyranny in search of freedom.

WHAT I AM is a man who grew up during the Depression and witnessed first hand the effects of the Stock Market crash and the soup lines that followed. I watched as both my parents and grand parents, who had very little themselves, share what food they had with a half dozen other families, who had even less.

WHAT I AM is someone who worked his way through college by holding down three and four jobs at a time and then used that education to build a better life.

WHAT I AM is a husband who at age 24 started his own business for the 'privilege' of working 60, 70 and 80 hours a week, risking everything I had including my health, in search of a better life for myself and my loved ones.

WHAT I AM is a businessman whose blood, sweat and tears and plenty of them... made it possible for me to provide a secure living not only for my family and myself, but also for literally hundreds of my employees throughout the years. Employees who in turn were able to buy their own homes, raise their own families and give back to their communities and their country.

WHAT I AM is a man who believes in God; a God who has blessed this country... and all for which it stands.

WHAT I AM is someone who knows, if you doubt miracles exist in today's world, you need only to look into the face of those who received them and the eyes of those who give them.

WHAT I AM is an American who's proud that his President embraces a belief in God; proud of a President who understands, as 'politically incorrect' as it may be, that there is evil in this world and for the security and safety of all freedom loving people everywhere, it must be confronted and it must be defeated.

WHAT I AM is an American who takes comfort in the knowledge that our President refuses to allow decisions concerning the very safety and security of this nation, to be governed by the political whims of foreign governments.

WHAT I AM is tired of hearing from leading Democrats who see only negativity in America; racism in her people; class warfare in her society and 'political incorrectness' in her character.

WHAT I AM is a former democrat who now understands that it is the soldier and not the reporter that guarantees us our freedoms of press, speech and dissent.

WHAT I AM is a man who believes in the sanctity of life. A man who is repulsed by the pandering of the political left for votes, at the expense of the unborn.

WHAT I AM is a husband and father who believes in the sanctity of marriage and the preservation of the family unit.

WHAT I AM is an ex-movie goer who is repulsed by those insecure, socially inept, elementary thinking, ego-inflated 'entertainers' who have appointed themselves 'experts' in the fields of national security and geo-politics and then use their forum to attack this nation, its leaders and its actions much to the delight and encouragement of our enemies.

WHAT I AM is an American who understands the difference between 'censorship' and 'choice.' Evidently, these individuals do not, because when these same 'celebrities' receive public ridicule for their offensive actions, the first thing they yell is 'censorship.' What they seem incapable of understanding is the right of free speech and dissent is shared equally by those offended as well as those who offend. I support and will continue to support those films and performers whom I choose to and refuse to support those I don't. It is my right as an American!, a right I will continue to enthusiastically exercise.

WHAT I AM is a voter, tired of politicians, who every time their voting Records are subjected to public scrutiny, try to divert attention from their political and legislative failures by accusing their opponents of 'attack ads' and 'negative campaigning'... and the news media who allow them to get away with it.

WHAT I AM is a Catholic who loves his God and his Faith and who's been taught to respect all religions whose teachings are based in love, peace and charity. As such, I am embarrassed and ashamed of those individuals in both private and public life whose decisions and actions are devoid of any sense of character or morals; individuals who are only driven by what's best for them rather than what's right often times at the expense of many including our national security.

WHAT I AM is a realist who understands that the terrorist attack that murdered hundreds of innocent Russian children could have occurred here, in our heartland. That's why I sincerely believe America needs now, more than ever, a President who sees with a clear and focused vision and who speaks with a voice when heard by both friend and foe alike is understood, respected and believed.

WHAT I AM is s eternally grateful to Ronald Reagan for having the bravery to speak out against Communism and the courage of his convictions in leading the fight to defeat it; and George W. Bush for the vision, courage, conviction and leadership he has shown in America's war on terrorism amidst both the constant and vicious, personal and political attacks both he and his family are made to endure.

WHAT I AM is a human being, full of numerous faults and failures, but a man nonetheless who though not always successful, has continually strived to do 'what's right' instead of 'what's easy.' A man who is challenging the religious leaders of all faiths, to not only preach to their congregations the fundamentals of 'what's right' and 'what's wrong,' but to also hold them accountable for their actions in both the public and private sectors.

WHAT I AM is disgusted with the Courts who on one hand call the murder of a pregnant woman a 'double homicide,' but then refer to the abortion of her baby as 'pro-choice'.

WHAT I AM is someone deeply troubled by a political party which embraced a candidate whose primary 'leadership' qualities center around his protesting of the Vietnam war and his labeling the honorable men and women who fought in it, (50,000 of whom gave their lives in that action), as rapists, and war criminals (John Kerry).

That same political party then stepped forward this year to block the appearance of a true Vietnam war hero, retired Admiral and former United States Senator, Jeremiah Denton, (a man who spent seven years and seven torturous months in a North Vietnam prison), from speaking before an open session of the California legislature as part of that state's 4th of July celebration. The reason Democrats gave for refusing to allow this American hero to speak before their state legislature was because of the 'conservative' nature of his views. As an American, that troubles me deeply as well it should you.

WHAT I AM is a man who feels the need to spend, ONE HUNDRED & FOUR THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED & FIFTY FIVE DOLLARS ($104,655.60, tax paid) of his own money, to purchase this advertisement, in order to set the story straight. Some may say this money would have been better spent feeding the world's poor. At the risk of sounding self-serving, as an American and as a Republican, for the last six decades of my life, I have done exactly that and more.

Following the examples of my parents and grand parents, I have used my earnings to feed the poor, shelter the homeless, provide housing for the elderly and medical care for the sick and continue to do so and I'm not alone in that work.

WHAT I AM is someone who is paying for this announcement at my sole expense in hopes of opening the eyes of those led blindly by ill-informed elements of our great nation, who, through either ignorance, or malicious intent, repeatedly attack and belittle those of us who belong to a political party that holds true to the belief, 'The rights of the governed, exceed the power of the government.' For those interested, I am speaking only as a tax-paying individual who is in no way associated with the Republican National Committee, nor with any of its directors, or delegates.

WHAT I AM is a man who understands, 'the American way of life' is a message of self-empowerment for all.

WHAT I AM is an American who is grateful that our nation gives each of us the opportunity of self-determination and the right to benefit from the fruits of self achievement.

WHAT I AM is an American who wants to preserve that way of life for all who seek it.

WHAT I AM is blessed to be an American and proud to be a Republican.

**************************AMEN******************** **********