14 18.92%
  • MAYBE

9 12.16%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DB9

DB9

Would you buy a Aston Martin DB9 replica if they where avalible

Re: DB9

It would have to depend on the total cost of the build vs. the cost of a real one.

Quote Originally Posted by 2005 ford gt kit
    Would you buy a Aston Martin DB9 replica if they where avalible
    By the words of Randy Savage' Ooooooooh YEAH!
    No seriously... I am actually saving for 1 now in the hope that by the time all my pockets get full, someone will have come out with a kit..... :-[

Man oh man! Who are all these people voting yes? People are very quick to click the yes tab but if this kit was actually available tomorrow how many of those yeses will actually buy? Think about it folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Faker
    Man oh man! Who are all these people voting yes? People are very quick to click the yes tab but if this kit was actually available tomorrow how many of those yeses will actually buy? Think about it folks!
    Will all those who voted "yes" please stand up?! ;D

I'm a yes though I guess it depends on a lot of things.
    The quality - have you seen the Ash Ton Vantage thing? It has no break line for the front bumper for a start... and therefore the cost, the donor - if you base it on a geo some people might find it questionable and the build complexity and the possible quality of the finished item.
    I guess I could have answered 'maybe' but I'm more of a 'yes' I would be interested as I love the DB marque and the style associated with it.

i pushed yes aswell. I'm crazy about the aston and i know that when someone starts with building it, by the time it is ready to sell i finished my studies. Although it depends on how good it is and what the price and the donor is ofcourse. A mustang for example is expensive over here!

Ethros

Supra is the perfect donar car for the Aston. Am sure Extreme are doing one?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate
    Supra is the perfect donar car for the Aston. Am sure Extreme are doing one?
    Mmm.. A supra will be a great donor car no doubt, but I find supras' are getting more expensive by the month...and rare-er....

Mustangs arn't available in many other countries so our international enthusiasts will start "Howling" thereafter. Extreme are doing 1??
    :-\
    :-\

Extreme is doing an AM Vanquish, yes, however they will have to stray away from their usual exact-ness and extend the front "overhang" of the car to make the overall length similar to overshadow the shorter wheelbase of the supra (shorter by 6 inches i think)

I think a mustang is a great option. We can arange to send anyone in the UK mustang frame/chassis and body panels if need be..