Thread: how much replicate a car

how much replicate a car

let's say if i could get a hold of a 599 gtb for 4weeks, how long does it take to pull molds without damaging (damage to the paint is fine) the car ? what will it cost ? and getting someone to build it for me on a tubular space frame steel chassis ?

Re: how much replicate a car

How long is a peice of string. Its not cheap and you have to be very carful but you will also have to take the car apart to get the returns etc. So maybe not as easy as you think

lol yea i know that i can't do it , i was talking about hiring someone who has done it before. how much do you think a project like this will cost ?

Few thousand min

Quote Originally Posted by garbusa
    lol yea i know that i can't do it , i was talking about hiring someone who has done it before. how much do you think a project like this will cost ?

My estimate would be:

800for mold FB, since oyu need it to be thick if your expecting the molds to last long and your planing on pulling more then one panel from each mold.
    1000-3000for the hands, (hired help) It all depends on how lucky you are, I doubt anybody will do it under a 1000. Or even near a thousand.(Thats only for making the molds/panels.)
    600 for Panel FB.Maybe more or less, but around that mark.
    +Donor car, again you can get a fiero donor for 500, or get something pricey, all upto you.
    If your planing to build the chasis, at least 2000 for materials, then also factor in paying somebody to fabricate and put together the chasis, factor in the drive train, engine, brakes, etc.(You can avoid having to do all this by just using a donor car.) A lot of the time, the most expensive part of the car becomes the custom chassis, and not the body panels.)
    If your planing to do the rest of the replica by hired help, factor in interior pieces, Windshield, Tires, paint,

Paint can cost from 1200 which might not be what you really want, upto 6000+ for the paintjob.

Also, its quite likely since you will be using somebody else todo the job for you, they might charge a location fee, since it will take up their shop, and is a long term project. DOnt expect to have something like this done in less then 3months.

If you post exactly which things you would need estimated, it could beeasier to give you one solid number to play around with. Just remember, the more things you do yourself, the more you will save.

Bare minimum f you are lucky would be around 5000, but that number will fluctuate based on how much of your time and skill you are willing to put in it.

Sorry for the spelling mistakes, im on my laptop=)