Thread: BMW M1 kit car?

BMW M1 kit car?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M1

Does anyone know of any makers of a m1 kit?

Re: BMW M1 kit car?

I have never heard of an M1 kit. They come up for sale from time to time and are not expensive enough to justify a kit. Plus there is a lack of demand.

When I first opened the link, I thought that the M1 was a Fiero.

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyCatcher
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M1

Does anyone know of any makers of a m1 kit?
    www.bmw-m1-replica.de

I remember a company quite a few years ago that offered the BMW and the Pantera basically a splash mold of the cars is all you got.

I don't know of any either. The Aquila was supposed to be inspired by the M1. It was not intended to be an accurate replica. It was VW based, had gullwing doors like a delorean. I saw one in person in the late eighties. Better looking in person than the pics. The rear of the car (qtrs and roof line) seem to be very close to the M1. With some work (OK quite a bit) you probably could make it look a lot more M1 ish. One sold on ebay a couple of months ago cheap. Search the net for aquila and American Fibre Craft that was the manufacturer, I think in CA. They also built the American version of the sterling.

Quote Originally Posted by Brastic
    I have never heard of an M1 kit. They come up for sale from time to time and are not expensive enough to justify a kit. Plus there is a lack of demand.

When I first opened the link, I thought that the M1 was a Fiero.
    There were only around 400 made. The cheapest i've seen an M1 go for is $100k

JUST FOR YOU, THE NEW M1, REKONED TO BE RELISED IN 2010.

XPERT360

This is sweat. The old M1 and the Pantera are all most exactly the same. A guy on Pennocks made a replica of a 70's pantera (looks great) for a Fiero. Which could be easily converted to the 70's styled M1.