Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: f40 questions

f40 questions

hi my name is rusty...i have a few kit cars but i just bought a f40 last week and im changing and redoing a few things..and i found this board and it has the best looking f40 builds i have seen...with that said i was wondering what type of muffler would give me a good sound and fit right..its just the v6 and has all new exhast..but it looks like a stock muffler anyway thanks for any help

Re: f40 questions

Stunning looking car

Hooray another F40 on the forum. Move over Mercys, 360s and 355s we are taking over!

Ok....I have calmed down now....sorry about that.

I have no idea as far as suggestions for exhaust for a v6 I am afraid. I took out my v6 to go back in with a 4.9. I still have it btw. Where are you located? Someone has suggested to me to add those 'turbo sound' wistlers you will find on ebay for 12 bucks each since the original has turbos heck I may try it just to see how it sounds. I hope to get by for now with no mufflers just with ceramic baffle devices. As a matter of fact HTXtremes (over on Pennocks) is putting turbos on the northstar he is going to use if I recall. I plan to replace the 4.9 with a supercharged ls1 when i return from oversees in 2010.

Anyway welcome and tell us more about your car(s) and post more picts when you get a chance. What type of mods do you have in mind???

michael
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

What size rims do you have in the rear and what tire size is on them.?

Rob

thanks for the muffler link...and my rims are 16 inch but the tires are coming off because i should be getting my lowering springs in the mail in the next day or two some of the other stuff is exhaust,tint,spoiler,and where can you get some nice floor mats ...anyway dont know alot about the history the guy i got the car from had it total redone the paint and body work by a place in canada..(a horror story) needless to say i will be scuffing the car down and respraying it...but the rest of the car is super nice. and some of the other kit cars i have are a manta mirage and a countach....thanks for the good words on my ride and i live in jackson tn(west tn)

What kind of countach ? - Fiero and if so is it stretched or short wheelbase

its a i.g.f streched 3 inchs this is the best picture of it i have in my computer .i have had it about five years

Quote Originally Posted by rusty r
    its a i.g.f streched 3 inchs this is the best picture of it i have in my computer .i have had it about five years

That is not a stretch body countach

I personally do not look at all these posts once a day. Can we get this into the build section?