Thread: I Dont Know What To Do Anymore.

I Dont Know What To Do Anymore.

Im so confused these days, being a beginner at this, I have so much to catch up on. And more and more each day a Murcielago seems like more of a daunting task. I'm really questioning wheather I should quit while I'm ahead and go to a Ferrari 355.
    But I've spent so much time researching the lambo, I know nothing of Ferrari. I dont even know which donor car to go with. which engine is best and where i can find parts.

If there any Ferrari 355 guys out there that can give me some "secrets" as to where i can find interior part and which kit is best, and what donor to use would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in over my head here,
    ~Chase

Re: I Dont Know What To Do Anymore.

Funnywheels has a really nice 355. I'm sure he could help you. There is a 355 here in Canada for sale. Let me see if I can find the link...

Do you want a real one or a fake one?? LOL... Jk...

http://www.kitcars.com/Classifieds/A...ified_id=20385

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseARoo
    Im so confused these days, being a beginner at this, I have so much to catch up on. And more and more each day a Murcielago seems like more of a daunting task. I'm really questioning wheather I should quit while I'm ahead and go to a Ferrari 355.
    But I've spent so much time researching the lambo, I know nothing of Ferrari. I dont even know which donor car to go with. which engine is best and where i can find parts.

If there any Ferrari 355 guys out there that can give me some "secrets" as to where i can find interior part and which kit is best, and what donor to use would be greatly appreciated.

~Chase
    Ok not trying to be a clown here and i know nothing about you or your exact circumstances. Just want to offer some advice. How far along are you on the build? It looks like you have made 8 posts here. Are you doing alot of posting on another lambo site? Asking questions of others? I just dont want you to give up to quickly.

Let me offer you these facts: when I first came here my knowledge of body work was zero. My mechanical skills were minimal. I wanted a non-stretch kit for the fiero so it would be a simple build. Now I am stretching the non-stretch kit myself, and customizing the body to the style I really want. Dave tried to tell me that a stretch was very doable but I thought it was beyond my capabilities. I was right in the sense it was beyond my abiblities at that time, but the more work I do the more my capabilities grow with the build. Yes I have made and will make more mistakes; but thats part of the learning process.

Just don't give up to quickly, if you settle you just might finish a simplier car and be kicking yourself in the pants two weeks later wishing you would have stuck it out.

If you want a Mercy build a Mercy dude.

Thus endith the sermon.

Good luck.

michael
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

check this out

www.dnaautomotive.com

I agree with micheal (F40 LM) that you should build what you really want to or you will NEVER finish it. The Lambo kits are typically the harder of the kits to build and can be overwelming for a beginner and sometimes even an experienced builder. That being said, many have done it before so the knowledge is out there.

If you want to build a 355 then Dave (Funnywheels), myself or many others can help you. Dave has a very nice and well built spider and I am in the process of building a coupe. In my opinion Air Dynamics build the best 355 kit out there. Most of us 355 builders are using this kit. The molds were just recently sold to a member of this forum. I forgot his name (again) but post your looking for an AD355 kit and he should reply. This kit is designed to fit on a non stretched or stretch Fiero. With the Fiero you have many engine options, leave in the 4 or 6 cylinder, go with a more advanced 6 cylinder like the 3800 or bump it up to a V8, the choice is yours.

Good luck with whatever you decide to build!

How do you guys like thouse Fiero's? Can you actually drive those things fast? I guess you could but how well do they handle?

I would be happy to help out where I can. The AD 355 kit is a beautiful car and works best in a Berlinetta (Coupe). bartman purchased the molds and should be up and running in Q1 of 2009.

I got in way over my head building a spider. I am finally digging myself out of the hole. The biggest challenge was frame reinforcement and making a functional top.

Please feel free to email any of us for additional details and photos or look at the build threads.

Regards,

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseARoo

~Chase
    The best secret I can give you is buy a used kit as cheap as you can practice with it make some mods to it get a feel for making parts. Keep it simple and cheap and you will learn your way around the car.
    I will never do a Ferrari kit again unless I get it very very cheap they seem to lose value very fast. I would only do a Lambo again because they will hold more value. I have kind of evolved from building someone else’s and into making my own body now. The main reason they are over priced for what you get.
    I'm guessing but if you have never built a kit car or any other car before I would get a production car and play with it like putting on body kits or engine mods. Taking on a lambo will break you fast.
    www.kikkerbikes.com